Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2891

Thread: What Song are you Listening To Right Now ?

This is the most kickass song I've heard in forever, and would never have heard it except it was at the end of a podcast I watched. The band doesn't even yet have an album out, though they do have a webpage, made up of young and old.

Damn this is good; Wolfsuka "Baby you know me"

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Been listing to a lot of this lately.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjw...rsU6gl_8qZMQZg
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    It's hard to say that a certain song is your "favorite song of all-time", but that gets about as close as it can to being mine. The way it builds, the drums, the piano, the choir - great song.

I just listened to this one - I think it's the best cover of a Stones song ever, and possibly even better than the original. Slash's guitar...

https://youtu.be/QAZAQrONvXg

(I, too, don't know how to embed a video vs. posting the link)
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Go to War - Nothing More

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    It's hard to say that a certain song is your "favorite song of all-time", but that gets about as close as it can to being mine. The way it builds, the drums, the piano, the choir - great song.

I just listened to this one - I think it's the best cover of a Stones song ever, and possibly even better than the original. Slash's guitar...

https://youtu.be/QAZAQrONvXg

(I, too, don't know how to embed a video vs. posting the link)
    go to youtube and just copy the complete WWW of chosen video

come back here and use the filmstrip logo second from the right on top of the editor...put cursor over it and it says insert video..click on it

opens up dialogue box and paste WWW

just listened to it back to back....slash wow...nice

this cued up after GNR Sympathy for the devil.. Knocking on Heavens door

another great cover song from GNR

Thanks for the instructions Zagceo, I think I got it now.

I've been a fan of her for a while. She simplified her stage name from Marina and the Diamonds to just MARINA. Apparently she's been dropping new singles all year but I had no idea until about a week ago. New album coming out soon.

I've been on a Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis kick this year. I think the group is permanently disbanded but she's out on tour, coming to Seattle next month (I'll be there).

I dabbled briefly in Alt Country in the mid 90s, rediscovered it many years later.

Never get tired of listening to these 2 sisters from Sweden.

Okay, last one for now. I stumbled onto this on you tube, then I couldn't stop listening to it. Something about her is so mesmerizing to me.

Just finished watching Sound of Music with my boys - they’re 13 & 11 now - and they are actually starting to enjoy musicals! My life is complete. So I’m pretty sure I’ll be listening to that soundtrack all day at work tomorrow.

I have confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Just finished watching Sound of Music with my boys - they’re 13 & 11 now - and they are actually starting to enjoy musicals! My life is complete. So I’m pretty sure I’ll be listening to that soundtrack all day at work tomorrow.

I have confidence...
    I haven't showed that one to my boys (I wonder what their reaction would be to finding out the guys who were after Indy are also after the von Trapps). Mine love 1776! They'll just randomly sing out a quote... although I think they got that from hubby and me
    There have also been some attempts at Gene Kelly dance numbers, but luckily no one has ended up in the ER... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I am taking them to see the Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief musical in Portland in a couple weeks. They’ve both read the entire 7 book series (plus Riordan’s other series based on the Norse and Egyptian gods) multiple times so hopefully it doesn’t butcher the story line too much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    There have also been some attempts at Gene Kelly dance numbers, but luckily no one has ended up in the ER... yet.
    Gene Kelly really was a mad man - he did his own stunts - dancing on the not-completed roof - dancing in roller skates - he really gave those Jackass guys a run for their money.

"Sympathy for the Devil"

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

"Rotten Peaches" by Elton John

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Don’t know that one. Going to have to check it out
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

If you liked the Pumpkins, this is absolutely essential. Billy Corgan's a messed-up dude, but damn he hasn't lost it at all:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Well I just got back from seeing her in concert (Moore Theater, best venue in Seattle IMHO) so I gotta post some Jenny Lewis. Great show!

A couple Northwest natives for your Friday. Kelly Joe was born in Sumner, WA.

Eilen is from Boise. I think she's fantastic. Completely ignored by Nashville/mainstream country music, a familiar story.