Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119
Results 2,951 to 2,962 of 2962

Thread: What Song are you Listening To Right Now ?

Psycho Killer by Talking Heads

Sent via mobile device

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    Far Away Eyes … the Rolling Stones tribute to the Bakersfield country music sound
    A legitimate case can be made that the Stones have amassed a nice catalogue of Country songs in their portfolio. Here's a link to someone who's given some thought to that proposition:

https://mickandtheboys.weebly.com/be...try-songs.html

Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-20-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    A legitimate case can be made that the Stones have amassed a nice catalogue of Country songs in their portfolio

Sent via mobile device
    That got me thinking a bit about country-ish songs by bands that are not considered country. GNR's "Patience" is one that leaps immediately to mind. I could never figure out if the Gin Blossom's "Cheatin'" is meant to be parody or earnest, but it's a darn fine country tune either way.

There was a time when music was just music and genres and labels weren't important. Probably about half of the Eagles songs are pretty much country.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    That got me thinking a bit about country-ish songs by bands that are not considered country. GNR's "Patience" is one that leaps immediately to mind. I could never figure out if the Gin Blossom's "Cheatin'" is meant to be parody or earnest, but it's a darn fine country tune either way.

There was a time when music was just music and genres and labels weren't important. Probably about half of the Eagles songs are pretty much country.
    Wasn't that time the 70s? I feel like soft rock leaned towards country and most of the country I'm familiar with from that era (Don Williams, Kenny Rogers) leaned towards soft rock type of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Wasn't that time the 70s? I feel like soft rock leaned towards country and most of the country I'm familiar with from that era (Don Williams, Kenny Rogers) leaned towards soft rock type of songs.
    yeah I was definitely thinking of that era

Too hard to link to a video early in the am on my phone....

Drunk Driver/Killer Whales - Car Seat Headrest
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I'm pretty sure I've heard the name Molly Tuttle, but I hadn't checked her music out before. Some nice guitar pickin'. Apparently this is clawhammer style, which is usually used w/ banjo rather than guitar.

She's playing a sold out show in Seattle tonight, I'm going. Funny video that is a nod to Michael Jackson's Thriller, combined with a drinking binge gone badly, and maybe a Lynda Carter/Wonder Woman spin?

The opener for the above concert I had not heard of before, so I checked out a few of her songs. Sounds much better than most of the openers I've gotten stuck w/ in recent years, actually looking forward to hearing her.

I'd stumbled onto this before, forgot about it, then it popped up again when I was messing around on You Tube. Really catchy. Some insane dance moves, looks like CGI but I seriously doubt they had any kind of budget for that so it's probably real.

Got Eilen Jewell's latest cd from the library. A bit hit and miss, but several I really like.

Peace - O.A.R.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death