Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arop and Keita?

Default Arop and Keita?

Can someone please explain to me why they are nonexistent? With 11 minutes left they havent seen the court at all. Nothing aganist Hoff and Carter but they bring nothing to the table. Does it have to do with Manny missing so many FTs down the stretch aganist SF? But he gets offensive boards and shows a lot of emotion I just dont get what Few is doing with the lineups. Keita could have guarded Micky or Matt. Please someone help me with this question please.

Put a lot of pressure on Gray on defense without that pair getting minutes, and now Gray is in foul trouble down the stretch. The guy is injured and he still plays all 40 minutes.

What's going on with Arop & Keita

If this lineup with Stockton, Carter, and Meech get it done I'd be shocked. I can't believe they are out there at the same time. At this point I think we need to get Sacre back in.

Not only that but KO gets 3 minutes....5 months ago he was playing against France and Spain, now he can't get time on the court against WCC teams

The staff chop and change the players on this team so much I can't see how they are supposed to get any flow.

I am so tired of wccccccccccc offfffffficiatttting offffficicianting.

Default Wtf?!?

Two of our best on ball defenders and McConnell goes off on us and they sit? I am speechless.

Few decided not to go to the NCAA tourney today...I'm beyond pissed
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Dumb move on Fews part not using manny or Kaita on defense for a portion of this game. Meech got torched at the end. Defense and stupid turnovers once again. What a let down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Not only that but KO gets 3 minutes....5 months ago he was playing against France and Spain, now he can't get time on the court against WCC teams

The staff chop and change the players on this team so much I can't see how they are supposed to get any flow.
    AMEN

The lineup with Carter, Meech and Stockton was just terrible. There was no flow on offense, and you had Meech driving from the GU bench to the inside and then senselessly handing the ball off to Dower, where he was now (and not before) double-teamed because Meech's man was now on him...just stupid passing for the purpose of passing. Your point guard needs to create and pass with a purpose, not randomly driving and then passing when nothing presents itself.

If Monninghoff isn't shooting an open 3-ball on offense, then he's looking to immediately hand off to somebody. It kills the offense when a wing player can't put the ball on the deck and create shots going to the basket. Give his minutes to Keita or Manny until Monninghoff develops a more well rounded offensive game.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

had to be a coaching instituted punishment for some minor offense, no way those two would be held from play for anything less.

Abso****inglutely it was some kind of punishment. When Hart comes in for significant minutes to play Defense, and your best rebounder is sitting, your best on the ball defender is sitting - well, I guess we'll never know.

BTW - Anyone think there was merit to the two last fouls picked up by Gray? Sacre charged with a foul clearly committed by Dower to go to the bench with 4? Whatever the reason, it has been decreed that the Zags will get NO benefit of the doubt this year. Seen it two games in a row. I feel aweful for Steven, he played his heart out tonight, he really did.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Abso****inglutely it was some kind of punishment. When Hart comes in for significant minutes to play Defense, and your best rebounder is sitting, your best on the ball defender is sitting - well, I guess we'll never know.

BTW - Anyone think there was merit to the two last fouls picked up by Gray? Sacre charged with a foul clearly committed by Dower to go to the bench with 4? Whatever the reason, it has been decreed that the Zags will get NO benefit of the doubt this year. Seen it two games in a row. I feel aweful for Steven, he played his heart out tonight, he really did.
    evidently, only a few of us GU fans on this board saw this, Dixie. must be we didn't see

Steven laid it all out. love Steven

rise above

Default jumping to conclusions

My guess is that there was some reason those kids didn't play, whether it be injury, illness, disciplinary or something else. We've never in 10 years seen Few just bench kids who have been key contributors like that without there being a good reason.

I can't believe Arop didn't play, hands down he is our best on ball defender and rebounder, he brings energy and heart to the team. I am baffled, I agree Few decided we didn't want to go to the tourney tonight

Of course there is a reason Keita and Manny didn't play tonight, we just don't know what it is. But I am 99% sure it wasn't Few deciding "I don't want to go to the tourney this year." They were either sick, in the dog house, or Few had lost all confidence in them to contribute in this game. While possible, that last one seems the least likely reason, and if it was the case, one could reasonably wonder what the hell happened to the steady eddy, stubborn to a T coach the Zags have been blessed with this decade.

Olynyk is a tougher nut to crack. He committed a pretty stupid foul on a breakaway dunk toward the end of the first half. Was that reason enough to bench him? Was he hurt? Is Few so sick of boneheaded plays that he's instigated a zero-tolerance policy applicable only to some players not named Harris, Gray and Goodson?
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonzag View Post
    I can't believe Arop didn't play, hands down he is our best on ball defender and rebounder, he brings energy and heart to the team. I am baffled, I agree Few decided we didn't want to go to the tourney tonight
    Yeah, all that traveling and such.

At least he hustles and rebounds and creates plays, Mathis M. cant even create his own shot he has to be wide open

man, I hope it's because they're sick

NEED both players. and I like them both, too

zagademic Guest

Not to be an alarmist, or anything but heir absence makes no sense whatsoever because they were on the floor before the game, and at least Keita seemed fine. If just one of them had been playing, it would have made a difference. Steven couldn't get a break. What's going on?

Default Hmmmmm

When key players are mysteriously benched in a key conference game, my twisted little mind thinks back to the cryptic (and I thought at the time somewhat bizarre) BobZag comments a couple weeks ago about the NCAA and Emmert somehow looking to punish the Bulldogs.

Are there eligibility issues? Recruiting issues? Most likely I am just rambling off down a blind alley of paranoia. It would not be the first time. But short of some sort of NCAA investigation (or God forbid another mushroom-type incident), I can't think of another reason to keep healthy players off the floor.

Go Bulldogs! Win in Vegas!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

75 good points, you really do have to wonder...

The thing that blows me away is that nothing is still reported and as far as I can tell the question was not even asked by reporters! You lose your biggest game of the year due in part to the absence of two players and you don't even ask the coach about it? Or don't report his answer? Either way terrible reporting by all involved, meehan is usually better than that. I hope he clears it up this morning in his day after article.

Quote Originally Posted by btzag View Post
    75 good points, you really do have to wonder...

The thing that blows me away is that nothing is still reported and as far as I can tell the question was not even asked by reporters! You lose your biggest game of the year due in part to the absence of two players and you don't even ask the coach about it? Or don't report his answer? Either way terrible reporting by all involved, meehan is usually better than that. I hope he clears it up this morning in his day after article.
    The ESPN announcers didn't say a word about it. Did tbe radio guys? At any rate, I tweeted Meehan asking for an explanation. Also asked if Few ever goes off on the WCC refs.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few