Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Pargo for Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Default Jeremy Pargo for Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Decided I ought to have just one thread for Jeremy and not be specific to which game.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv plays an Israeli Premier League regular season game Sunday morning at 10:35 AM Pacific (20:35 local time) against Maccabi Rishon LeZion.

I hope to watch live video streaming of the game here on Basket.TV. The last game I watched there was very good quality, and I love watching Jeremy play.

Maccabi Rishon has six Americans on their roster, per Wiki, the one that jumped out at me being 2010 Michigan State alum Raymar Morgan, who went undrafted. Maccabi Rishon's Eurobasket team page here.

Jeremy had a horrible Euroleague game against Caja Laboral (along with everybody else but Chuck Eidson on Electra), and then he came back with a superb game at Partizan Belgrade last Thursday, so it will be interesting to see how he fares in Israeli League play.

(Note: That TV site site says the game will be broadcast Monday, but the date is 11/7, which is Sunday. It's possible the game will actually be broadcast Monday, but I'm betting on Sunday.)

Edited to Add: Well, must be Monday after all. I'm not seeing video or live stats any place.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 11-07-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Jeremy played very well in the game today, beating Rishon 89-68, with 25 points on 70% shooting and 7 assists!

Who is that guy with Jeremy, and why does he make Jeremy look like a dwarf?

I missed the yellow shoes pictured below, which he wore in Belgrade, however ...

I'll be in Tel Aviv on the 18th for his next Euroleague game against Asseco Prokom. I'm hoping to get tickets and I'll be sporting Zags colors so Jeremy knows Zagland still loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by azzagfan View Post
    I'll be in Tel Aviv on the 18th for his next Euroleague game against Asseco Prokom. I'm hoping to get tickets and I'll be sporting Zags colors so Jeremy knows Zagland still loves him.
    Wow. I envy you! That arena, with Maccabi T-A's rabid fans, looks crazy!

Report from Eurobasket on the last game:
    Pargo's 25 points and 7 assists give him Player of the Week award - Nov 9, 2010 (by Eurobasket News)

24-year old guard Jeremy Pargo (188-G-86, agency : Priority Sports) put on an amazing game in the last round for league's best team Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv and receives a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 4.

He had the game-high 25 points adding two rebounds and seven assists for Maccabi T-A in his team's victory, helping them to crush Maccabi Rishon (#7, 2-2) with 21-point margin 89-68. It allowed Maccabi T-A to consolidate first place in the Israeli league. They maintain perfect record without any lost game in the league. The season is still on an early stage, but Maccabi T-A already had a very good start winning all 4 without losing a single one.

In the team's last game Pargo had a remarkable 70.0% from 2-point range. He turned to be Maccabi T-A's top player in his first season with the team. Gonzaga University graduate has very impressive stats this year. Pargo is in league's top in assists (2nd best: 7.3apg) and averages solid 61.5% FGP.

Important Euroleague game Thursday for Pargo and Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the moscow region of Russia, when they meet BC Khimki at 9:00 AM Pacific time (18:00 CET). (Euroleague official game preview)

I've had good luck getting free online video of Maccabi T-A's games on Stream2watch.com but have been unable to see Josh's Virtus Roma games there, so we'll see what happens Thursday. Live stat link will be here.

Been watching the live video stream. Quality not amazing, but it's okay. At the half, Maccabi Tel-Aviv is leading 42-31 (Looks like Chuck Eidson has the hot hand today), and there's a nice photo up of JP, wearing the yellow shoes I love:

Wow! What a game. Maccabi T-A wins it at the buzzer, 78-76. Jeremy had a tough day shooting, with four of his shots blocked, but two steals and six assists, for a total of 9 points on the day.

Just wow for Maccabi T-A.

Jeremy and his Maccabi T-A play Hapoel Holon in an Israel Premier League game Monday morning, Nov. 15, at 10:35 am. Live video should be available here.

Week five of Euroleage play, as Maccabi Electra takes on Asseco Prokom of Poland at 10:00 AM today at home in Tel-Aviv.

I hope that azzagfan was able to get tickets (see above) and that we'll get a first-hand report of the game.

There should be live video streaming here.

Live stat link on the main Euroleague site.

Standings for Group A:

Interesting to note that one of the players on Asseco Prokom is Elias' teammate on the German National team, 7'0" Jan Jagla, who I watched play with Elias often both of the past two summers.

Oops. Mistake in time conversion. The game should be on at 11:00 AM (20:00 CET)

No live video stream for the Maccabi game on the site linked above, but I found one that works here.

After 18 minutes of play, Maccabi leads 44-31, and Jeremy has 9 points on 3-3 three-point shooting, with four assists, a couple of steals, and a couple of turnovers.

Live Stats direct link

Solid game for Jeremy, as Maccabi T-A wins 99-58.

Default Thanks!

Thank you so much for your hard work in keeping track of all the fellas and posting these reports. I appreciate it!

Thanks, Zagfanatic! I just like following these kids, but especially Jeremy! Loved this pic of him from today's game in those fabulous yellow shoes, with Asseco Prokom's Daniel Ewing:

I wasn't able to attend unfortunately (I did have the opportunity presented to me and I, in many ways, am kicking myself for not changing my plans), but I did watch the last 2 1/2 quarters, and this game was an absolute thrashing.

One thing I learned is Tel Aviv can make the world seem like a very small place for Zags and Zag fans; Jeremy is an absolute class act and a great ambassador for Gonzaga.

Maccabi T-A plays Netanya today (Sunday) at 11:00 AM Spokane time, in a regular Israel Premier League game. Game will be live on line on basket.tv.com.

Jeremy scored 16 points, with 9 assists, in today's drubbing of Netanya, 117-69. (Box score in Hebrew isn't much help, so I'm waiting for Eurobasket to post it in English.)

JP was named Player of the Game.

Photo from the game:

Keep it up, JP! Next up: Chance on Thursday to avenge the thrashing Caja Laboral put on Maccabi T-A in Euroleague play.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 11-21-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Sounds like parg is balling it up over there, thanks for the updates ZN!

Maccabi T-A meets Caja Laboral today at Nokio Arena in Tel-Aviv in the second half of Euroleague play. Caja Laboral pretty much dismantled Jeremy's team in their first meeting, so playing in Nokio Arena, they've got to be looking for revenge, but since then, Caja laboral went on a three-game skid and so will be looking to stay alive in Euroleague play.

Maccabi T-A leads Group A with a 4-1 record.

Game Time: 11:45 AM

Live Box Score

Live Video might be available here.

Last edited by ZagNative; 11-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Maccabi T-A rolls on, now 5-1 in Euroleague play. Another good game for Jeremy, with 14 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal, and only one turnover.

My gosh! This Youtube highlight video of Jeremy intheCaja Laboral game is just fun to watch!

Could Electra win it all?

Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv:

Should comfortably win Group A, and in my opinion, are amongst the favourites to win it all. The way David Blatt’s side has gone about its business has been a pleasure to watch, the ball movement, their footwork off the ball and how Blatt manages his bench has been first-class thus far.

It is a question if Maccabi has what it takes to go all the way? They made the Final Four in 2008; they look a good enough side to make a return, after three years away. In players like Jeremy Pargo, Lior Eliyahu, Chuck Eidson and Sofoklis Schortsanitis, they can be match-winners and play with their heart on their sleeve. They want to win and put Maccabi back where they belong.

I wouldn’t bet against them at this moment.
    Pics of Jeremy from the game:

Last edited by ZagNative; 11-26-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Dang, I should have posted it. The last night's game is still available on Espn3. It was the euroleague game of the week and on ESPN3 live. Pargo is looking very good and with Doren, they have the rep of being one of the best backcourts in the euroleague, and the best defensive one.

Also, it is nice to see a d move make its way through GU players. Earl Knight use to love when a player posted him up and bang into him, to back off at the last second, causing the player to lose his balance and lose the ball or travel. Pargo has mastered that and used it twice in last night's game. Gray is also using it.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

that was fun to watch. thanks for the heads up on the espn3 thing titopoet. and ZagNative, thanks for this thread

Another nice game for Jeremy today, although Maccabi T-A lost to Bnei Hasharon 91-88, in their first defeat in a regular Israel League season game. Bnei Hasharon is now one game behind Maccabi T-A in the league standings.

Jeremy scored 21 points, on 7-10 two-point shooting, 2 of 5 from three, with 8 rebounds, a couple of assists, a steal, and just one turnover.

Next up is a Euroleague game against Zalgris, in Kaunas, Lithuania, on Thursday at 9:45 AM Pacific time.