Thread: Next year the Zags need...

Default Next year the Zags need...

New uniforms. I like the uniforms the zags have now, but its time for a change. Fresh start for 07-08!! Who’s with me??

Please not red!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GU32 View Post
    New uniforms. I like the uniforms the zags have now, but its time for a change. Fresh start for 07-08!! Who’s with me??
    I say...don't change a thing. I love the look and so does the rest of America...except for that ugly red!

RebornZag Guest

Default Next year the Zags need

NO INJURIES. IF WE STAY HEALTHY NEXT SEASON WILL BE AWESOME, I THINK!!!!

Default Next year the Zags need...

No major off-court dramas and, as Reborn stated, no injuries.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The manpower ingrediants are all there. Beyond what was discussed above, we need good coaching decisions, chemistry, and yes a little bit of luck. It seems to me when you get into the rareified air of Sweet 16+, luck plays a little part.

A corny line from the old Rocky movies, we need "eye of the tiger". The team has got to want to make it happen and make the sacrafices that entails. "Eye of the tiger" won't prevent injuries but should curtail the off court drama that lead to the "poor chemistry". Let's skip the diving for the ball drill this year and save a sholder.

Love the blue and white unis, strongly dislike the reds.

SWZag

What we need is for our big men to work their butts off and get into d-1 bball form. Right now we have some real wildcards.
    JH- Wasn't playing or practicing with the team for quite awhile.
    Theo- By Nov, won't have played organized basketball for about a year and a half.
    Sacre- Probably hasn't had to play against very many d-1 quality centers yet. He's probably going to be a little raw offensively at first as well.
    Will- At the end of last season he showed alot of promise. Still needs to gain weight and improve his skill set.
    Kuso- MUST work on offense.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Another PG.
    A Batista-like big.

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

My major concern about next season would be the zags overall speed defensively. Other than Gurganious (who knows how healthy he is) and Pargo, I don’t see much quickness on the perimeter. But on the other hand good luck to anyone who gets into the lane and has to score over Heytvelt, Davis, Sacre, Kuso, Foster.

What's wrong with red? I like red. I like squares. I like red squares.

What GUBoards needs next year is more posters who blame the uniform color on losses. BZ, are there any such recruits on the horizon?
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Another PG.
    A Batista-like big.

spoken like a recruiter.

Edited to add: eye of the tiger is a great response. impossible to prevent injuries totally, but totally possible to have the right mentality... totally.
    Agent provocateur

Default We we need for next you

Everyone to take the next step in their development and a player or two to develop a Morrison/Dickau/Santangelo like Killer Instinct.

I like all the uniforms, blue and red. But i really think we should go back to the royal blue old school unis from the 1998-1999 season when we went to the elite 8. Those we kind of low budget looking unis and they keep our players from being prima donnas and they keep em hungry.
    Ive had enough of these fancy uniforms take it back to the blue collar look!

RebornZag Guest

Default Next year the Zags need to...

Get back to basics: defense, rebounding, and fewer turnovers. These 3 areas killed us last year. I just don't remember a Zag guard corps turning the ball over as much as we did last year, and often in very criticle times of the game. I think that part of our problem with turnovers is that we didn't have a "go-to guy." We need that next year. In close games we just didn't know what to do at the end of the game.....and Pargo would end up at the top of the key looking "stunned" as if he hadn't a clue what needed to be run.

I'll take some solid perimeter defense and go from there