Thread: Gonzaga Runner wins EWU XC Meet

Exclamation Gonzaga Runner wins EWU XC Meet

Although Gonzaga has had many solid runners over the past 25 years it is a rare event for a Gonzaga athlete to outright win a cross country race. The Pacific Northwest has always had strong D1 teams for Gonzaga to compete against and obviously this makes for a very competitive environment for GU athletes to excel in. Off the top of my head, I can't recall to many wins since my teammate Pat Hill won the 1990 Sun Dodger open race.

Anyway, it is pretty special then that junior Chris Boyle won at Eastern on Saturday in impressive fashion. Congratulations to Mr. Boyle and go get em at conference!!

http://www.gozags.com/sports/c-xc/recaps/101610aaa.html

CHENEY, Wash. - Chris Boyle set the pace in winning the men's race and senior captain Laura Volcheff led a strong women's contingent as Gonzaga University's cross country teams got their final tune-ups prior to the West Coast Conference Championships Saturday at the Inland Northwest Challenge.

Boyle covered the 8K Eastern Washington University layout in 24:35.6 for a 9-second victory over Nicol Scott of the University of Calgary. Boyle's effort paced the Bulldog men to a second-place finish behind the Dinos. Calgary scored 32 points with Gonzaga at 62.

Good luck to the Zags running at the WCC conference meet this weekend! It would be great to see Chris Boyle sneak into the top 5 of what has to be the most competitive WCC Championship field to date.