• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

one more time

ok, one more time, which dish provider offers the best zags coverage? just got a 55" samsung led and my cable op (time warner) sux.....advice pls
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

DirecTV.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

gracias

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
      DirecTV.

gracias, bobbito

Comment

• 229SintoZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        gracias, bobbito
        Seconded. You will not be disappointed in DirecTV. Just get the sports package (gives you all regional Fox/FSN networks, plus Comcast Sports Net, YES Network, etc.). Plus many games that are sometimes on obscure channels will show up on DirecTV's "alternate" channels.

I have had DirecTV since 2003 and I think I have missed fewer than 5 Zags games in that entire time.

Comment

• Virginia Zags Fan
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Nov 2009

Will that work if you live outside the PAC Northwest?

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
            Yes. Birddog (in Oklahoma) is the expert on this.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• madness
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Virginia Zags Fan View Post
              Yes, I switched to DirecTV 3 years ago and it has never been better (especially with ESPNU HD). Also a big plus for the ESPN games that are stacked up together is the ability to watch the games online while the TV games go long. I have ATT for Internet now, and ESPN's online package works with ATT ISPs, but in the past they have not worked with Comcast. I'm not sure if that has changed now.

Just make sure you buy the maintenance on your Dish for the winter months, just like in the commericals..Mayhem can strike and it sucks waiting on the the signal to come back.

Oh, and I'm the Bay Area, CA...so it definitely works for out of towners. I think we only missed a few games a year that KHQ broadcast but not FSN.
              Last edited by madness; 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM. Reason: last para.
              You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
              http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Comment

• Birddog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

It will be 14 years for me with DirecTV in Dec. I rarely miss a Zag game and that was when they simply were not broadcast on Sat. That hasn't happened in a couple of years BTW. Even when there is a conflict and the Zag games are delayed, it is usually available live on an alternate channel on the Fox system. There is always somebody on the board that gives the heads up as to which channel.

If you are going to become a DirecTV subscriber, PM me or some other subscriber for their acct# and we both get a credit for $100
                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  ok, one more time, which dish provider offers the best zags coverage? just got a 55" samsung led and my cable op (time warner) sux.....advice pls
                  About time! lol..now can I come see some games? We could do a "home and home" We only do SONY's at Abe's house.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Why is Directtv better than Dish? I have Dish and only pay $5 extra a month for the sports package and I haven't missed a Zags game in years. Jazz, I think I have the same tv as you.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

gate's open

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                      About time! lol..now can I come see some games? We could do a "home and home" We only do SONY's at Abe's house.

dock-my gate is open anytime..yes i was a sony-ophile all my life....trinitrons all
                      over, even when i had no $$$...but i am persuaded samsung is the call now...led too....whatever....i will take you to jakes or poseidon....

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                        Why is Directtv better than Dish? I have Dish and only pay $5 extra a month for the sports package and I haven't missed a Zags game in years. Jazz, I think I have the same tv as you.
                        its samsung 55 led....best buy, 1900 smackers......got 4 year warranty as led is a new technology......first night it changed brightness w room light....confused us but its a built in econo-something (which i disabled pronto).....sports are perfect, some cable channels not so...lotta commercials are not hd...

Comment

• Birddog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Why is Directtv better than Dish? I have Dish and only pay $5 extra a month for the sports package and I haven't missed a Zags game in years.
                          Since I've never sunscribed to Dish I can't say with certainty, but I've been led to believe that when you want to drop a service or pkg, they charge for it (severance charge). With DirecTV, the Sports Pkg is about $12 a month but you get more sports stuff. Additionally ,I only subscribe during BB season and there is no charge when I drop it. I think they also pro rate it if you drop in the middle of your billing cycle.
                          Lastly, as a DirecTV subscriber, you'll be rubbing elbows with some of this board's more select characters. Any Shmo can be a Dish subscriber.
                          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                          All mimsy were the borogoves,
                          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Lastly, as a DirecTV subscriber, you'll be rubbing elbows with some of this board's more select characters.

Right on!

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                              Since I've never sunscribed to Dish I can't say with certainty, but I've been led to believe that when you want to drop a service or pkg, they charge for it (severance charge). With DirecTV, the Sports Pkg is about $12 a month but you get more sports stuff. Additionally ,I only subscribe during BB season and there is no charge when I drop it. I think they also pro rate it if you drop in the middle of your billing cycle.
                              Lastly, as a DirecTV subscriber, you'll be rubbing elbows with some of this board's more select characters. Any Shmo can be a Dish subscriber.
                              Dish is similar. I have been quite pleased with Dish until recently when the started their tiff with Fox. Several regional sports channels were taken off the air, but not the ones that I watch such as FSNW. However, I just noticed this weekend that when I went to watch the Huskies/ASU game this weekend it was blacked out. Several other football games on regional channels were also blacked out and I could only get Big 10 network games. If this is not fixed very soon, I will be looking for a new provider.

Kinda sucks because it looks like Fox is trying to force Dish out which ultimately reduced competition and increases my price.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X