View Poll Results: How many Zag players will average double figures in scoring this year?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • three. Concentrated scoring from the big three!

45 45.00%
  • four

42 42.00%
  • five

3 3.00%
  • six. spread out like the pt.

2 2.00%
  • lots! FF here we come!

3 3.00%
  • two

5 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double figures!

Default Double figures!

In the expectation thread I stated that we needed more contribution from the bench this year, both in minutes and points. Given that only four players averaged in double figure scoring last year I would like to think that the team might have as many as six this year.

Gray
    Harris
    Sacre
    Manny
    Kelly
    Sam/Marquise/Meech.

Some of my fellow Zagfanatics might disagree and wish for four again and higher averages......

I'm attaching a poll to this and would be interested in hearing anyone else's ideas/opinions. Please let us not make it into a negative thread about any one player, but a positive one about how many we will have.
    Last edited by OZZY; 09-23-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Gray
    Harris
    Sacre
    Olynyk

All double figures.

W/ Carter pushing near that 10/pts a game mark

3 (Gray, Sacre and Harris) getting big points. Many others making solid contributions though.

more cow bell
    Bring back the OCC

I envision Gray, Harris, and Sacre as the only players to average double figures, but this is not because the other players aren't good enough. I just envision a lot more balance with K.O., Carter, Arop, Dower, and Monninghoff taking turns as the fourth and fifth scorers on any given night. I foresee a lot of nights where the big three combine for 45-50 and the rest of the team combines for 35-40.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

The minimum option is 3? I'm going to say 2.

So I didn't vote.

I think Harris and Gray average double figures and I think those two will score in bunches. KO and Dower steal points from Rob. Fouls will keep Rob from averaging more than a dozen but that is ok. I want him aggressive and the other bigs will fill in nicely. A couple of players will emerge (ie. Monninghoff, Hyland, Carter, etc.) that are more of a pure scorer than Manny and will likewise steal points. I still want Manny on the floor alot because he can contribute in many ways to include scoring.

Zags will probably average in the high 70's - low 80's, but after Harris and Gray take a big chunk, I look for the scoring to be spread out over the remaining players. Any one remaining player could pop off for 15+ but I think it rotates around.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Fouls will keep Rob from averaging more than a dozen
    You can average a dozen or less and still be in double figures. Just sayin'

Default double figures

If Rob can average double figures on the boards, he will have fulfilled his mission as the man in the middle. I expect double figure points from Gray, Harris and Kelly, with an occasional double-double from Kelly, assuming he has gotten rid of last year's timidity and plays the game with passion and fearlessness.

Sorry MM I didn't even think of the possibility of two, but I don't know how to edit the poll........

I can't see Manny not scoring in double figures this year.....

Ozzy, I added "two" in there for you. . .

I hope we have at least 4. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Too late Reno. I would have voted for 2 but chose 3 figuring it was 3 or less. I'm sure others did too.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOTER View Post
    You can average a dozen or less and still be in double figures. Just sayin'
    Yep. I think a dozen is optimistic. If you count Dower, KO, and Sacre combined, I think the position averages 25-30. I think Dower will end up being the biggest point producer of the three by season's end and the combined tally could gradually increase.
    I miss Mike Hart

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Ozzy, I added "two" in there for you. . .

I hope we have at least 4. . .
    Thanks for that Reno,appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Yep. I think a dozen is optimistic. If you count Dower, KO, and Sacre combined, I think the position averages 25-30. I think Dower will end up being the biggest point producer of the three by season's end and the combined tally could gradually increase.
    That's fair. I could see Sacre averaging more rebounds than points. If he could average double digit rebounds and maybe around 8 points a game it would be a very successful season for him. I'm going to be optimistic (as I am every year at this time) and say he averages a double-double.

Funny how many people are down on Rob and his scoring potential. He had a very normal season last year and put up 10.3 ppg. I know Dower and Olynyk will be contributing more, but we did loose a total of 26.5 ppg with Matt, Will and the transfers gone, I did not include Poling in that total as he only played 6 games.

I don't see Robs minutes dipping any, they should go up a bit if any and there is no reason his production should change. With the emergence of Kelly this summer and the addition of Dower this could actually help out Rob as he will get to play with real bigs more often and we see Harris and one of Kelly/Dower lined up as forwards with Rob in the middle. I think this will bring more offensive rebounding opportunities and some easy buckets.

To me Harris, Gray and Rob are locks to score in double figures, I feel either Kelly or Manny can get there as well. Carter could prove to be a surprise getting 10 plus ppg as well, I will vote for 4, but it could easily be 5 and I will not be surprised.

Before Fiba, I would have said three, but Kelly O is getting better and better. Four.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Gray
    Harris
    Sacre
    Manny - Looking for an amazing year!
    Kelly

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Stockton
    Hyland
    Dower

I think leave Big Rob in the mix. Without their pt guard in his breadbasket all night (and that WON'T happen again this year) Rob becomes much more of a threat and our inside out game should really improve. I like the balance on this years team.

I'd say 4: Harris, Gray, Sacre, and Carter.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOOTER View Post
    3 (Gray, Sacre and Harris) getting big points. Many others making solid contributions though.
    +1

Two.......three maybe .......if Rob can learn to stay in the game... to many questions about the others...

Gray, Harris, Rob, Kelly. Unlike many others on the board, I think Kelly is a lock for double figures. He averaged 4 points in 12 minutes last year. He will be playing 20 + this year with a much larger scoring role. The Kelly I watched the last few games of the summer tournament was a completely different player than we saw for the Zags. Much more assertive and confident, and got to the line consistantly. Don't see any problem with Kelly getting 3 buckets and 4 free throws a game with the new found confidence and scoring role. He will create much more of a matchup problem this year than last with a more reliable and confident outside shot too.

This team won't have a problem scoring

I put up 3 players in the poll but need to ammend it to four. I think GUFAN has it right, Steven, Rob, Kelley, and Elias. I would be willing to put money on that group- if nobody gets hurt! (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by Gufan View Post
    This team won't have a problem scoring
    I agree. I just hope it's a different story for their opponents.