Thread: Matt / Bulls vs Sac Kings

Default Matt / Bulls vs Sac Kings

Nice game for Matty: 12 pts
    (also 8 each previous two games)

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/game...#nbaGIboxscore
    Last edited by Zagalicious; 07-17-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    "I haven't been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. Or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either."

Also the game leader in turnovers, that's less than ideal. But it's good to see he's being assertive when he gets big minutes.

Drew Guest

Matt is 2nd in average minutes per game for the Bulls. Matt at 29 to James Johnson at 30. JJ is a forward, so they're not competing for minutes. The next highest is 22.8.

Looks like the bulls are taking a good long look at him. Even if Matt plays well, the Bulls might make a deal to bring in an experienced point guard. The best thing about those extended minutes is that it allows Matt to showcase his game to the entire league. You can't say that Matt isn't being given a good shot.
    I miss Mike Hart

Those guys are getting exhausted with so many games in a row and practices everyday including game days.

DeMarcus Cousins went 3-15 in same game.

Matt's getting a great look. Lots of minutes and playing well.

I noticed the TO's too gopack. Without seeing the game I wonder if his new pro teammates are experiencing the same problems as his new college teammates did in taking an unexpected ball off of the noggin'?

If two rookies are kept, I wonder if Matt's done enough. I do think he'll get an ivite to camp where he might get to show more. That ballhandling MUST be resolved. Scoring, distribute/pass and hang onto the ball are the 3 big things a guard must do (Listen up Meech)...even a scoring guard....!

Mat does have the physical skills to make it in the NBA. Many do. His defense has suffered due to brief lapses of focus. In the NBA, brief lapses can make all the difference....moreso with the rooks. A kid can get away with lapses in college...not so much at the next level.

One thing though...he has this certain "feel" and looks like he "belongs" in these games. He needs to shoot the lights out to make it.

Default Another point in Matt's favor?

Doc Abe,I agree with much of your post , but there is one thing Matt brings to the table that can't be found in the box score . He is a Leader ! In at least three of the Bull's games , when Matt was'nt playing ?, the game degenerated into chao's, with everyone out for themself and the team falling behind or failing to score consistantly. With Matt in there the ball was brought safely up the floor , put into the proper hands , and in my eyes it seemed that the entire team settled down and started to make plays instead of going one on one and trying to impress the cameras? I don't know if he will make the Bull's , but I think he can and will play in the NBA in the end.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

HBZ...exactly what I meant when he looks like he "belongs" and has that certain "feel" for the game. I agree with you. Things just looked tons smoother when Matt was on the court. I suspect that's why he's getting so many minutes. Heck.,...the coaches can't even evaluate the players when chaos reigns.