• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

-Greatest "zags" memory you have, that you witnessed IN PERSON-

What is the most memorable experience you've ever had that deals with Gonzaga?

Something you saw IN PERSON.

I'll post mine in a little bit....though I'm sure a few of you already have an idea as to what mine is, haha.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • ezcure17
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2009

2009 Maui

My wife and I have seen the Zags play in...Hawaii..Seattle..Las Vegas...but unfortunately NEVER in Spokane...yet!!!

So...I would say seeing the Zags win in Hawaii at the Maui Invitational last year...down 16 to Colorado....beating Wisconsin...and in a backyard brawl with Cincinnati in OT to win the title...We were down in front for the games...and after each win...we stood and high fived the team as they left the floor...each win was more exciting then the day before..
    ZAG 4 LIFE

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
      What is the most memorable experience you've ever had that deals with Gonzaga?

Something you saw IN PERSON.

I'll post mine in a little bit....though I'm sure a few of you already have an idea as to what mine is, haha.
      Josh turning Tyler Hansborough into a whimpering little school girl while the Zags ran the Tar Heels off the floor. It was enhanced by the fact that I was able to get a luxury box at MSG for free.... that night totally rocked.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• zagfan24
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2008

Top 3

1) Zags crushing UW in their last game (to this point) in the Kennel
        2) College Gameday comes to GU complete with win over Stanford
        3) Zags OT win over Illinois in United Center, surrounded by screaming Illini fans

/Will forever regret not going to Battle in Seattle when Ammo hit "the shot"

Comment

• former1dog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

1 - Watching Gonzaga play Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble and LMU in the old Kennel. It was an event and even though we lost, it was truly exciting. Jim McPhee had 40+ in the game. Although I'm sure I attended games prior to that, it seemed like my first real college basketball experience that has obviously left a lasting impression.
          2a - College Gameday vs. Stanford in the new kennel (Thanks again GoZags!)
          2b - Watching my buddy and childhood friend Felix McGowan come off the bench to help Gonzaga beat St. Mary's, must have been 91 or 92. I think he made the bucket to send it into overtime and then had the hot hand and Fitz spread the court and let him go to work playground style.
          3 - Giving Father Tony a ride to the airport in my (very) beat up and messy old truck after one of the WCC tourney games at Santa Clara.

Comment

• stevet75
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

I've only seen a couple of games in person, in the last twenty years, but I used to see a lot when I lived in Spokane. However, one of the best games I have ever seen , was when I was on a business trip to Seattle, in I think, 1982. The Zags with John Stockton were playing the Huskies, and actually lost a very low scoring game by one point. Husky fans had a thousand reasons why the mighty Huskies only beat the lowly Zags by one point, but the real reason was John Stockton.
            I read on this board, sometimes, how John was a great pro who was only a very good college player, but I'm here to tell you that John Stockton was something else everytime I saw him play. If he had played at UCLA he would have been a top five draft pick.
            Anyway, hearing Huskies making excuses for a game they expected to win by 30 always makes me feel good.
            “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
              1 - Watching Gonzaga play Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble and LMU in the old Kennel.
              2a - College Gameday vs. Stanford in the new kennel (Thanks again GoZags!)
              2b - Watching my buddy and childhood friend Felix McGowan come off the bench to help Gonzaga beat St. Mary's, must have been 91 or 92. I think he made the bucket to send it into overtime and then had the hot hand and Fitz spread the court and let him go to work playground style.
              3 - Giving Father Tony a ride to the airport in my (very) beat up and messy old truck after one of the WCC tourney games at Santa Clara.
              Oh wow

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                • Feb 2007

I have two, my greatest zags memory (and it's not a very old one!) is and I can promise WILL ALWAYS be:

My "Woohoo at GU" trip. The things I saw and experienced on this trip is beyond words. I always think back on how lucky I was to get to do what I did, and meet all the incredible GU fans I got to meet. (I feel like I've said this all before) :-) Well, get used to it! I'll never stop talking about it.

Second, was the moment Elias Harris hit his patented "German step into the lane" shot in Illinois to put the zags in the lead over Illinois (which we went on to when shortly after) with my dad and brother. What REALLY made it special, was that it was the first game that my dad came with me to see the zags play. Very special.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                  • Feb 2007

Graduation and commissioning.
                  Search.
                  Road-tripping to Stateline with Ft Tony.
                  Beers at the Bulldog with Fr Meehan.
                  Throwing snowballs through open windows at DeSmet late at night during finals week.
                  My first cross-country race in which Don Kardong ran.

list could go on.
                  'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                  - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                    Graduation and commissioning.
                    Search.
                    Road-tripping to Stateline with Ft Tony.
                    Beers at the Bulldog with Fr Meehan.
                    Throwing snowballs through open windows at DeSmet late at night during finals week.
                    My first cross-country race in which Don Kardong ran.

list could go on.
                    What is search?

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

That is cold hearted and cold.

BTW - You're cheating. Although opening up this thread, I think the LMU home game would still be toward the top of my list. It was pretty fun.

PS - Used to run every Sunday morning with Don Kardong my Junior and Senior years. Very nice guy.

Comment

• a13coach
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                        That is cold hearted and cold.
                        As opposed to all those DeSmet residents pelting their fellow students with whatever (water balloons, snowballs, etc.) from the upper south-end balconies?

Good on you Kitz!
                        There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
                        Those who understand binary and those who do not.
                        "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
                        sigpic
                        E .· ` ' / ·. F
                        The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• Larryzag
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

1. Ammo's bank shot in Seattle to beat OSU. Loudest I have ever heard any crowd.

2. The second loudest crowd I was ever a part of was when we ran Brandon Roy & Co out of the gym at K2. I remember the look of total shock on the Huskie's faces when GU out ran them down the court for an easy basket on the Zag's first possession. However, I'll always remember the most exciting play was a breakaway dunk by Nate Robinson. Man he could fly!

Comment

• Salsageek
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                            What is search?
                            Who is Fred?
                            2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
                            2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Comment

• cjm720
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

Ammo banking in the 3PT shot against OSU at Key Arena

Steve Nash upending our nation-leading home winning streak in the Kennel in 1992/1993 season.
                              Go Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X