• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjm720
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    What is search?
    Search relates to the spirtuality mission of the university.

Search Retreats: The Search program has been at Gonzaga since the late 1960's. Thousands of Gonzaga students, mostly Juniors and Seniors, have "searched" on one of the four programs offered annually at Gonzaga's Bozarth Retreat Center.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
      Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
      Search relates to the spirtuality mission of the university.

Search Retreats: The Search program has been at Gonzaga since the late 1960's. Thousands of Gonzaga students, mostly Juniors and Seniors, have "searched" on one of the four programs offered annually at Gonzaga's Bozarth Retreat Center.

http://www.gonzaga.edu/Student-Life/...rituality1.asp
      Very cool. Thanks for the explanation
      Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
        What is search?
        Was going to reply, got sidetracked and noticed that others filled you in. I'm with Kitz... was one of my fondest moments at GU.

Kitz, did we ever work/attend Search at the same time?
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Watching the Zags thump GA Tech @ Vegas in the company of fellow Class of 79 grads

Watched the Zags beat SMC with the same group of grads+ a few more at the 08-09 WCC Tourney Final

Attending the SMC @ GU game in K2 on 3/1/08. . .first & possibly the only time I'll see the team @ home. . .this one gave me chills.

The non-basketball stuff:

Getting married in the Jesuit House chapel with Fr. Costello presiding

Was an RA in DeSmet Senior Year

Working on the GU Bulletin six of 8 semesters.

And the life-long friendships that started in Catherine-Monica, Alliance House, and Roncalli. . .
          Last edited by RenoZag; 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• former1dog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            Watching the Zags thump GA Tech @ Vegas in the company of fellow Class of 79 grads
            I was at this game also with a good friend and fellow GU Alum of 1992.

Comment

• mnzag24
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Either Morrison hitting "the shot", or my first experience with UW at home my freshmen year in 2004. its a toss up, and i'd re-live either many, many times.

Comment

• Fonebone
                Kennel Club
                • Feb 2007

1. Ammo's bank shot in Seattle to beat OSU. Loudest I have ever heard any crowd.

2. The second loudest crowd I was ever a part of was when we ran Brandon Roy & Co out of the gym at K2. I remember the look of total shock on the Huskie's faces when GU out ran them down the court for an easy basket on the Zag's first possession. However, I'll always remember the most exciting play was a breakaway dunk by Nate Robinson. Man he could fly!
                I have copied Larry Zags two favorites, because I was going to say the same thing. He is right that after Ammo's shot was the loudest I have ever heard a crowd.

Regarding # 2 - The Husky game - the thing i remember most about that game was just as it ended. I was a big Nate Robinson fan even back then. Our seats are about 10 rows up right behind the visitors bench. I will never forget that at the final buzzer Nate walked balk to the bench, and he actually did look stunned - he kind of just was looking up and arround into the crowd with this look of disbelief. At the time, in spite of being so happy, I actually felt bad for him. Such a great athelete and competitor - I hated to see that look on his face.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by a13coach View Post
                  As opposed to all those DeSmet residents pelting their fellow students with whatever (water balloons, snowballs, etc.) from the upper south-end balconies?

Good on you Kitz!
                  Oh, I did that, too. Especially targeting unsuspecting students going into the Crosby library! I had the south-east corner room on the third floor my soph year.
                  'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                  - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

1. Sitting with Jud and Beverly Heathcote and listening to his non-stop crusty commentary as the Zags defeated Maryland and George Washington at the BB and T in Washington, DC

2. Reed Schifferman's game ending, season ending dunk punctuating an upset win over dreaded Idaho State in March of '75. Hondo (and I) believe Schiff's technical foul for dunking may have been the last one ever called in NCAA hoops -- as that rule was changed the following year.

3. "Shot clock turned off.....Calvary.......Hall........8 to shoot........Hall...the runnerrrr......loose ball .....ITS GOOD!!!!.........4.4 to go............Shannon...'Don't want to foul'............Shannon..from the cornerrrrrrrrrr........AND IT'S OVER!!!!!......GONZAGA!!!, THE SLIPPER STILL FITS!!!.....THEY WIN IT 73-72........HOLY COW!!!!" Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner3/99

4. Any number of Senior Nights over the years -- watching special kids share their moment with parents/siblings/girlfriends ----- saying good bye while the Kennel Club chants "Thank you Seniors" clap clap clap clap clap... "Thank you Seniors" clap clap clap clap clap. Watching the hugs with Fewie, Munse, Fitz, Adrian.

Those are but a few of the highlights I've been fortunate enough to enjoy.
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Was going to reply, got sidetracked and noticed that others filled you in. I'm with Kitz... was one of my fondest moments at GU.

Kitz, did we ever work/attend Search at the same time?
                      Wow, you are going to make me go to the way back machine.

Did Search spring my Jr year (88-89) and then worked a fall search and a spring search my Sr year (89-90), back on both.
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• kitzbuel
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                        1 - Watching Gonzaga play Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble and LMU in the old Kennel. It was an event and even though we lost, it was truly exciting. Jim McPhee had 40+ in the game. Although I'm sure I attended games prior to that, it seemed like my first real college basketball experience that has obviously left a lasting impression.
                        That was an awesome game. The Martin Centre was packed, standing room only, call the fire-marshal full.
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post

3. "Shot clock turned off.....Calvary.......Hall........8 to shoot........Hall...the runnerrrr......loose ball .....ITS GOOD!!!!.........4.4 to go............Shannon...'Don't want to foul'............Shannon..from the cornerrrrrrrrrr........AND IT'S OVER!!!!!......GONZAGA!!!, THE SLIPPER STILL FITS!!!.....THEY WIN IT 73-72........HOLY COW!!!!" Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner3/9

Wow, so you KNOW it was special when it gives you chills just READING the text about it! So you were actually THERE for the game??
                          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• IdahoTJR
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Feb 2007

1981 over USF

Stockton's freshman year, a ranked USF comes into Kennedy and gets run out of the gym. The place was packed to the rafters

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Two weekends....

The first one: Introducing my wife (a Husky) to the madness that was the old Kennel. We got tickets to the last game in the old Kennel, a typical win over Pepperdine. She was amazed at the small size of the arena and how loud it was. Also, she couldn't believe that the players were walking around before the game (she still comments on how tall Ronny was standing next to her). We went to Jack & Dans before the game and met Jud Heathcote at the alumni pre-game, she had no idea who he was.

The second one: Two years ago at Portland for the first round of the Dance. I met Matt Santangelo on the MAXX on the way home from the first win and ran into him again after Meech's shot to send us to the Sweet 16. A great weekend with my Dad.

Honorable Mention: Ammo's shot against OSU, Key Arena was the loudest ever, and Pendo kept everyone focused for the final few seconds after OSU got the ball back. My Dad was the only person in the arena sitting down as the shot went in, he had given up...............Yes, I still tease him about that.

Fun Tidbit: John Stockton dropping off my Mom's Avon order on his way to the gym during the summer after his first year with the Utah Jazz (his Mom was my Mom's Avon lady).

Too many to recall here.................

Go ZAGS

Comment

• sittingon50
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Each of my 2 oldest graduating.

The beatdown on the huskies (12-1-04). Got my last speeding ticket on the way home that night.
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X