Thread: GJ v. Syracuse

Default GJ v. Syracuse

I couldn't find this discussed anywhere...

So, GJ plays the most he's ever played in the last game of the season. Quite the head-scratcher IMO. It's almost like Few was putting him out on audition or that he promised him he'd play in the tournament. Or did things just recently start to "click" for Ill Vill?

Any thoughts?

I think he played great and he's an off-season away from stealing major minutes from Meech (although I see Meech improving considerably next year).

Go Zags!!!

Bump.

Anyone? This was a very peculiar move and didn't see it addressed in the various threads.

Meech's shoulder and it was a lost cause anyway....

GJ played with poise. He was fearless out there. He wanted to shoot a few times but bit his tongue probably instructed not to chuck it up there... would have liked to see a 3 fly though...

Default snow

few was giving vilarino snow in the winter, coals in newcastle...bfd, basically...game was a blow out and few was hedging his bets w respect to gj leaving, imo......few shld have given gj a thorough trial in the ooc...thats what those games are for, not for burnishing the program's resume and filling the coffers.....whatever, same old tune...inverted schedule.

My impression:

Few knew at halftime that the season was over. He was taking a look at our next starting point guard against an elite team on the biggest stage. Just to get an idea of how he would hold up.

GJ passed the test.
    I miss Mike Hart