Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Zags-Orange Round 2 Game Thread 3/21/10

Is Bouldin physically okay? He has been as passive and non-existent on the floor as any all-american I have seen. Time to step up. period.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Sheesh, they're giving the game away. Syracuse is playing well but not great, so why is GU so shook? If they pounded the ball inside on the offense then we'd be down no more than 5 or 7. How frustrating to see them make the same mindless mistakes over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by MississppiZag View Post
    It's a shame Bouldin decided to play somewhat scared in what could be his last game. I don't think he has made an attempt to get in the lane or even a north/south dribble.
    I agree. But, lets think back one game to how matt came alive in the 2nd half. Matt is a competitor and will make adjustments. He is one of the greatest zags of all time. lately he has endured a lot of criticism, but I think we will see the Matt we know and love in the second half.

Remember in Nov when Elias chased a loose ball the length of the court to save to a teammate for an easy score? I'm not sure where that team went, but it's somewhere far away. This team hasn't even attempted to scrap for loose balls and not been strong on the boards, even with the 'Cuse being weak inside. That scrappy attitude was the main thing that made this team good and it has gone AWOL.

It's not something that can be game-planned for or adjusted for at the half. This team lost their fire at some point. I don't think it's coming back. I'm sad because I really enjoyed this squad and I don't want to see their season end, but this game is completely over. The Zags' hearts just aren't in it. If they'd play harder they could be ahead by now.

Turnovers are killing us as well as Stephen not playing his normal "D"...

Second half we need to be patient as there is not "15 point basket"...get the ball inside and let both Elias and Robert do what they do best.

Inside play will open up the outside...we just need to be patient and when the 3ball presents itself, then "step-up" and hit it!

The defense cannot break down like it has the last seven minutes of the first half...maintain good fundamentals!

This match up takes away the MB post up. Run SG at point and have him shot three from the top. Need to pound on Offense after we make a few 3's.

BobZag - when will offense be 5 on 5?

Default Perimeter shots are killing us...

on both ends we're not slowing down their shooters and we're simply cold from the perimeter. If we shoot better we can get back in there, but it's going to be tough

Default this game is over if

this team quits.

I don't believe that will happen. they need to suck it up, remind themselves who they are & who they represent, and get back to their game and play it. and see what happens.

come home with your shields or on them, lads. Just like always.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    identifying that this game is over doesn't make someone any less of a fan.

it also doesn't mean this wasn't a fun year with a lot of good moments.

but don't get mad at people who are willing to point out the truth of the matter that this is the last game we'll ever see matt bouldin play in a zags uni.
    The truth of the matter? The truth of the matter is there are 20 minutes left and we're only down 14. Thanks for your input though.

Also, did anyone else hear that AT&T At The Half talking head saying Goodson, Bouldin, and Gray are our big three?

Default What game are they watching?

I don't understand the announcers in this game talking about the Zags offense.

Cuse are 50% from 3, 60% from the field and on pace to score 94 against a Zags defense that is playing pretty well.

This feels like the same buzzsaw we ran up against in North Carolina.

Attack on offense more and shoot with 100% confidence.

Defend like your life depends on it.

Be aggressive.

That said, Syacuse is playing great; they have great shooters. We knew this was a difficult matchup. Kansas made, what, three or four treys total?

I wish the Zags luck and a great second-half. Try to extend an already very good season.

Go Zags!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

it aint the offense...thy shed the zone when they move it probe it and run the corners

its the defense harris, gray and bouldin seem to lack bounce in step and aggresiveness on defensive end......

pickup d, reduce second chance points and climb back into this

Their hearts arn't in it?

We're playing a great team which is shooting 60%+ with jumpshots.

They are on fire!

I'm sorry but it really annoys the heck out of me that you are questioning their heart.

If you think the game is over, turn it off, go watch Murder She Wrote (It's probobly on this early in the morning)

We have a run in us, we will make the adjustments needed.

We need a half like the first one against FSU!

COME ON MATTY!!! Your team needs you!!!

Keep it up Elias!!!!

Default I disagree here,

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Agreed, now is not the time for Meech to practice his 3 pt shot.

Man, remember when Bouldin was pretty much automatic from outside? Now he's like a ghost.
    he had to shoot. No one else would. Sorry it didn't go in, but at least he tried. Under the board meantime, RS and EH were just watching, out of position, behind Cuse players. another one and done. Ugly. But not Meech's fault, imo.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Ok, down by 15... how do we make our comeback?

I think we have to stop the 3, if Syracuse stays hot from outside, it will be really difficult to get back in this one. Stop the 3 and pound it inside and stop the clock. Time for us to ugly it up..... chip away boys, we're not done yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Their hearts arn't in it?

We're playing a great team which is shooting 60%+ with jumpshots.

They are on fire!

I'm sorry but it really annoys the heck out of me that you are questioning their heart.

If you think the game is over, turn it off, go watch Murder She Wrote (It's probobly on this early in the morning)

We have a run in us, we will make the adjustments needed.
    +1

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

I think we have been too concerned about their transition game and not going after ofensive rebounds. Clearly, we haven't scrapped for loose balls either. We'll have to do these things in order to get back in this game.

The only way back into this game is through the back yard through DE FENSE.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by laszagas View Post
    Ok, down by 15... how do we make our comeback?

I think we have to stop the 3, if Syracuse stays hot from outside, it will be really difficult to get back in this one. Stop the 3 and pound it inside and stop the clock. Time for us to ugly it up..... chip away boys, we're not done yet!
    +10000

get it inside, Sacre was and will get great position, give him the rock.

Other than Matt, I don't think the Zags can play much better.

This Syracuse team is hotter than a pistol. They take the whole tournament with play like this.

The only thing is, I can't pull for a team that continuously jacks up threes. I hope the Zags never adopt that identity. In a single elimination tournament, it is a terrible offense to rely on.

Having said that, Cuse seems to have the horses to pull it off.
    I miss Mike Hart

2nd half gameplace:

#1 Play tough man to man D...throw that zone in the garbage
    #2 Rotate = energetic players
    #3 Work inside and try to chip away, taking 3s now is worthless
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Man 2 years in a row of looking terrible against #1 seeds. Few better make some HUGE adjustments or this one has a fork stuck in it.
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    he had to shoot. No one else would. Sorry it didn't go in, but at least he tried. Under the board meantime, RS and EH were just watching, out of position, behind Cuse players. another one and done. Ugly. But not Meech's fault, imo.
    Agreed, that was a shot that meech needed to take. He had the look and positioning.

We are looking a little lazy on the rebounding, come on. Fight!

Default Calling All Guards

No guard play - still not defending three's, inside wide open but no passes. Coaches look sleepy as players. What's going on?