#14 Houston

#6 Gonzaga
    #11 Old Dominion

In Buffalo

#1 Syracuse
    #16 East Tennessee

#8 St. Mary's
    #9 Georgia Teck
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • zagar
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Who knows if this will come to pass, but I think both WCC teams could do something with these draws. Frankly I would not want to match up against ODU--they are legit--but I think the Zags are better. Temple is also good, but beatable.

I would also love to see Samhan and SMC shooters go up against both GT and Syracuse. The second game in particular would not be easy, but SMC has some shooters to make the Syracuse zone open up (if only a little) on the inside for Samhan.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

I think the seed is appropriate, but don't like being that close to Old Dominion's home. Smacks of another Davidson game.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Das Zagger
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
        I think the seed is appropriate, but don't like being that close to Old Dominion's home. Smacks of another Davidson game.
        Bingo, except the "Davidson" part, I don't think ODU has a Steph Curry type player.

That is going to be a looooong trip though.

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Only distance is to the TV. I wish I could afford to go to the games, but alas, Ah' lack.

OD doesn't have a single player like Curry, but are a good team, and the drive from Virginia isn't that far, so they should have more fan base. It is a game we should win, and we should be able to win the second as well.
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• BlueVoodoo07

As long as Gray plays like its the Davidson game I think we would be okay.

Comment

• cbbfanatic
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Aug 2007

i wonder how often, if ever, you see a 4 team pod consisting entirely of mid majors?

would be a very doable draw for the zags (though temple would create some tough matchups), but i cant see it lining up like this...

Comment

• 23dpg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I hate when they put all the mid majors together.
                I'm watching with passive attention to the selection. Not a lot of drama this year.
                Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• BobZag
                  Dark Lord of the Zag
                  • Jan 2007

It's like the BCS putting Boise State against TCU.
                  The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                  X