Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Please give us UW in the first round!!!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    20,971

    Default

    Das - Be careful what you wish for. I say, NO WAY!! I don't want to see the UW..... except maybe....... until the final game.

    As much as I'm still recovering from Dollar's shenanigans and Romar's chickenitis, congrats are in order.

    Congrats, UW. For pulling yourself out of the hell hole you were in about a month ago to end up winning the Pac-10 Tourney.

    There. I said it. I hope there fortune does not hurt GU's destiny.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,443

    Default

    We'd eat them for breakfast I've seen at least eight games on the tube and they have nothing in the paint and Pondexter. Their guards are puny and inconsistent fast yes but gimme a break Matt ,Steven, Meech, Bol, Gj & GG can handle them.

    Don't overrate the Pac-10 it sucks this year. Can anybody say one and done.

    Go!! Zags!!!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    438

    Default

    One of the better coaching jobs of the year. Or at least the latter half of the season. They did three things. They kept a better defender on the floor longer, reducing guard penetration that was exposing their bigs (The defense is actually a decent asset instead of a liability.). They learned how to cope with a zone, and are no longer baffled by it. And they learned how to win.

    Congratulations to them ... from one who is not obsessed about not playing them. They do their thing, we do ours.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wedge-hood
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post

    Don't overrate the Pac-10 it sucks this year. Can anybody say one and done.

    Go!! Zags!!!
    Pac10 is 8th in RPI

    WCC is 13th in RPI

    Don't use the quality of the league to prove that GU is better than UW. Make the argument if you believe it, but at least make a good case to back up your argument.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,067

    Default Dogs

    Congratulations to the Dogs on making the dance. I thought the 2nd half of the UW - CAL game was one of the more enjoyable (non GU) halves of basketball I have watched in a while. Romar called a couple good plays coming out of time outs and the team executed them well against Cal's inside defense.

    If UW ever meets GU I will cheer for GU but otherwise I want both teams to do well in the NCAA tournament. This is good for college basketball in the State of Washington.

    Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,300

    Default No way...

    Huskies are scary....Romar did very good job....

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Wisconsin gets a tough 1st round match up against Montana if this is correct....if i was Wisconsin i would not be happy to be against Montana first round even though they will 90% will win. It will just be an exausting game that might get them knocked out the second round.....esspecially for the guy that needs to guard Anthoney Johnson. Double team?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    231

    Default Pac-10

    All of a sudden the Pac-10 became scary because they final game was on CBS? The league, including Cal and UW are not good. Nothing in that game proved otherwise.

    To say UW is scary is a huge stretch. What's next, insisting they are a Top 10 team?

    They are short, weak and overconfident... bring them on!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpouley View Post
    Pac10 is 8th in RPI

    WCC is 13th in RPI

    Don't use the quality of the league to prove that GU is better than UW. Make the argument if you believe it, but at least make a good case to back up your argument.
    Dude they're your team you've seen them. Can they beat the Zags? Sure, anyone can beat anyone on a given day, It's not about stats it's the eye test.

    I'm not into the Huskies or their fans so don't expect the slightest respect from me for Chicken Romar and his Pullets.

    If LMU or those pirates from Moraga played your Pulletts I'd bet the bank on the lads from the WCC.


    Go!! Zags!!!

  10. #35

    Default Not Now

    There's been a lot of talking smack against the Huskies throughout the year and I generally agree with it. That said, no way I want to be near them right now. They would present huge match up problems with their length, quickness and athleticism - it hurts to say, all qualities we seem to have lost or simply don't possess. Meech could probably keep up on D and then things drop off fast. I'm surprised how effective their kid from London is under the basket. Also they bring a huge bench. Hope our coaches see what we need to get to the next level.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wedge-hood
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaginLaw View Post
    All of a sudden the Pac-10 became scary because they final game was on CBS? The league, including Cal and UW are not good.
    And the league in which the Zags play is weaker than the league in which UW and Cal play.

    You can denigrate the Pac10 all you want, but in doing so you should be aware that as a Gonzaga fan you are kind in a glass house.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wedge-hood
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Dude they're your team you've seen them. Can they beat the Zags? Sure, anyone can beat anyone on a given day, It's not about stats it's the eye test.
    I think that right now, given how the Dawgs are playing, on a neutral court, out of 10 games it would be around an even split. However, given the total year and the inconstancy of the Huskies, I would say that the Zags would probably win 6 out of 10.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpouley View Post
    And the league in which the Zags play is weaker than the league in which UW and Cal play.You can denigrate the Pac10 all you want, but in doing so you should be aware that as a Gonzaga fan you are kind in a glass house.
    Nope that's Dawgman, nothing glass about our house where you by the way are a guest.

    10 conference titles in a row.

    3-7 Huskies vs Zags 3 up 7 down or should we just look at the last ten games played between our respective teams.

    When your team has the balls to schedule a home and home at that time I'll consider your teams qualities but right now all I hear is cluck, cluck, cluck.

    Go!! Zags!!!

  14. #39
    Drew Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    agreed. uw is one of the hottest teams in college hoops right now, and i for one could think of some other teams i would rather play at this moment. i wouldnt be surprised to see both teams make a run at the sweet 16 to be completely honest.
    They are the hottest teams in the Pac 10 . . . This is not the same thing as being the hottest team in college basketball.

  15. #40
    BlueVoodoo07 Guest

    Default

    So when did this turn into a UW good job board. The only good job I will tell the Huskies is good job ducking playing us for another year. I can't believe how many people are scared to play the Huskies, it's like of course they looked good playing in the pac 10 tourny cuz it's so weak. Cal was the only okay team they played. Stanford, Beavers? those teams don't make me think wow you had a tough tourny. What was the heads up record for the wcc vs pac10 anyone know?

  16. #41
    BlueVoodoo07 Guest

    Default

    Looks like 5 wins for WCC vs. 6 wins for Pac10, pretty close I would say.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    It is sad that it comes down to the fact that we got walloped in our conference final and the Dawgs took care of business

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Well, I'm pretty sure the bottom of the Pac-10 is better than the bottom of the WCC, but I'd put the top two teams against the top two in the Pac-10 and say we're pretty even.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,711

    Default You're all missing the point

    All that's really important is when that next great Tuxedo shot shows up!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,835

    Default

    UW is legit right now and will a tough draw for whatever higher ranked team they draw.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,658

    Default

    Lunardi had the #7 Zags playing #10 Clemson in his hypothetical field of 65 over on ESPN about half an hour ago.

    The waiting's nearly over.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •