• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Therunner
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

Bouldin's back?

BZ mentioned in an earlier post that Bouldin was "hurting" and I presumed he was referring to his hurt fingers from earlier this year.

However, during every single timeout and/or FT, Matt has been holding his lower back and even massaging himself in this area throughout the first half.

I had no idea he was suffering from a lower back injury or soreness. This is the first year where we really could use the fiull 9 days to heal before the 1st Round of NCAA Tourney.
  • Therunner
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

Bouldin refuses to run the fast break, laterally move against his defender, take it strong to the hoop, or jump for rebounds.

I don't care what anyone says, that is NOT a healthy Matt Bouldin on the court tonight.

Has anyone heard what happened to him?

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2008

Too many minutes over the season when he didn't need to be in at the end of certain games had to be part of it. Hope 9 days of rest makes a difference.
      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Therunner View Post
        I don't care what anyone says, that is NOT a healthy Matt Bouldin on the court tonight.
        That's what I've been saying. He's not saying anything but it's obvious he's beat to hell.
        History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• btzag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Yes, I saw the back massaging on the sideline and even saw one play where he visibly grabbed it after a whistle/foul in the second half. Definitely playing hurt but you just have to hope he can heal up and rest up over the next week and a half or we are toast, especially with Arop out also.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

He's not healthy. It's not just the back, but his fingers. He can't dribble, shoot or pass right now because of the hand injury. I have no idea how he's making it thru these games.

The good news is that it's 9-10 days until his next game.

Comment

• lothar98zag
              PostPadder General
              • Feb 2007

One thing I've noticed over the past 4 years going to away games is that if any player is going to getting worked on by the trainer before a game or just before the 2nd half, it's going to be Matt. Usually he's getting stretched. Sometimes it's more. But when the game starts, I don't see a thing wrong with him. Whatever bumps, tightness, etc he's feeling - it doesn't affect his game - except it has the past few weeks. Not sure what all the issues are, but it ain't good.

Like others have said, I hope 10 days rest will help.

(this isn't why GU lost tonight)
              youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Zag79
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

One thing I've noticed over the past 4 years going to away games is that if any player is going to getting worked on by the trainer before a game or just before the 2nd half, it's going to be Matt. Usually he's getting stretched. Sometimes it's more. But when the game starts, I don't see a thing wrong with him. Whatever bumps, tightness, etc he's feeling - it doesn't affect his game - except it has the past few weeks. Not sure what all the issues are, but it ain't good.

Like others have said, I hope 10 days rest will help.

(this isn't why GU lost tonight)
                i think it has alot to do with it. he couldnt keep up on defense, he really hurt us with allowing the SMC guards to penetrate and kick out. he isnt going to the hole, missing open threes, and is our go to guy. he was non existent in the second half. i sure hope he gets healthy, if not it could be a quick march. i have to say i was completely shocked by the outcome tonight.

Comment

• GUinSTL
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

ouch

this is good insight. i didn't catch MB massaging his back or anything, but it makes sense because i was calling him out last night for getting burned on D, and not going up for rebounds. it's safe to say that his ability to knock down his bread-and-butter lay-in has been hampered over the last couple games, and his handles are diminished. those fingers must be hurting him, because he's usually much stronger with the ball when splitting the double-team, or catching a ball in traffic.
                  i hope he take some to heal, and comes back healthy and fired up.
                  ~B

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2008

Wonder how MB made the All Tournament team? Had to be sentimental voting on that one. It was not his shining moment, whatever the reason.
                    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Zagnailler
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

Back, hands, concussion, turf toe and tweeked ankles, the season has taken it's toll on our leader. Hopefully rest in the next week + will allow him to show his true skills in the big dance.
                      "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Comment

• Ezag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Something has to be wrong, that was the worst, most lack luster play I had ever seen from Bouldin outside the Duke game.

Comment

• ZagMania
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

This is what happens when every WCC teams gameplan is to physically beat the crap out of MB throughout the season. It didn't work most of the season but its kept accumulating into now possibly ruining the end of his senior season. This crap pisses me off so much.

Hopefully he can heal up quickly.

Comment

• NontradZag
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Apr 2008

I read another post somewhere on the world wide web this morning that said that Matty had the flu last night. Can anyone confirm?
                            If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Comment

• Robzagnut
                              Zag for Life
                              • Apr 2007

I was listening to Dennis Patchin on the way home from work before the game. He said he knows that Matt is hurting and asked him about his hand. Matt said that it will never be the same.

This looks like a one and done team.

Matt is hurting.
                              Elias just isn't the same.
                              Stephen's got two torn finger nails on his shooting hand. Ever try and put touch on the ball without finger nails?
                              Manny is out.

That's 4 out of the top 5 players that aren't doing well.

With Matt's and Stephen's shooting hands all messed up, you could tell they were both trying to drive with limited success and aren't looking to shoot the 3. They aren't 3 point threats any more. Goodsen can't shoot the 3, so they're extremely limited from outside and St Marys exploited it.

It's a recipe for a one and done.

Comment

Working...
                              X