Big Rob's post game quote. . . ( And other stuff )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Big Rob's post game quote. . . ( And other stuff )

. . .pretty much sums things up for Saturday:

``We don't want to share the title with anybody,'' Sacre said. ``We have to get back at San Francisco.''
    AP Story Link
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

From Jim Meehan's S-R story

It was Gonzaga’s defense that paved the way for the blowout. Santa Clara (11-19, 3-10) made just six field goals in the first half. The Broncos’ shooting percentage was in the 20s most of the night before they finished at 34 percent. Santa Clara had 15 turnovers, which GU converted into 22 points.
    LINK
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Big Rob was giving me some Casey flash backs last night-- "Anything close to the hoop and I'm gonna dunk it on you."

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

I thought for sure you were talking about this quote:

“It’s the puzzle,” center Robert Sacre said of Gray’s torrid shooting. “He’s working on like a 1,000-piece puzzle. It must be stimulating his mind.”
        Last edited by Thomas_Sutpen; 02-26-2010, 06:26 AM. Reason: just saw the other thread--sorry for the duplication

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Rob needs to score when Steven doesn't.

I have come to the conclusion that when Steven doesn't have to work extremely hard on the defensive end, his offense flourishes. The Zags have been using him as a second "lock down" defender frequently this season (Meech being the primary) and Gray's offense has suffered on occasion.

Hopefully, next season, the Zags will use Gray as a primary offensive weapon and Arop can assume that secondary "lock down" role.

As for post season this year, the opposing teams will be to good for Gray to be a great offensive threat. In other words, Steven will be called upon again to concentrate on defensively mitigating a great offensive player. For the offense, Matt will need to play his usual game and Rob/Elias need to consistently play at the level we saw against Michigan State.

Especially Rob. Zags really need him to be an offense threat that teams must spend time game planning on.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
          X