Thread: Next year tournament

Default Next year tournament

I just read in the USA Today paper today, that next season there will be a tournament featuring Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas St and Marquette. I don't have a link but it was in today's (2-25-10) Sports section in an article about inductees to the College Hoops Hall of Fame.

I dont recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere before. I double checked their online version and it only talked about the inductees.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...hall-of-fame/1

***here it is-

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...s_N.htm?csp=34

The class, which was announced Wednesday, will be inducted Nov. 21 in Kansas City, Mo., as part of a celebration that will include an early-season tournament featuring Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas State and Marquette.
    Last edited by zzzjag; 02-25-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Found it!

I think the pre season tournaments the Zags are in are some of the most fun games to watch. I like the sounds of Marquette, Duke, and K-State... all have solid programs and these are the games/wins that keep Gonzaga on the national scene...

I think it's a tourney where the 4 main teams host a 4 team tourney @ home & then the pre-determined winners all meet in one spot (KC) to play 2 more games.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Two home games in K2 (hopefully), then on to KC. K-State and Duke will almost ensure a packed arena of 18,000+. I love this format, it's similar to the Preseason NIT the Zags were in a few years ago. I'm pumped about this.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

El Voce Guest

It will be like a home game for WooHoo.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzjag View Post
    I just read in the USA Today paper today, that next season there will be a tournament featuring Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas St and Marquette. I don't have a link but it was in today's (2-25-10) Sports section in an article about inductees to the College Hoops Hall of Fame.

I dont recall seeing or hearing about this anywhere before. I double checked their online version and it only talked about the inductees.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...hall-of-fame/1

***here it is-

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...s_N.htm?csp=34

The class, which was announced Wednesday, will be inducted Nov. 21 in Kansas City, Mo., as part of a celebration that will include an early-season tournament featuring Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas State and Marquette.
    ROAD TRIP!!!

Can the Zags PLEASE play Duke...and beat 'em??

:]

No matter which two teams the Zags play, it'll be some huge RPI help and some serious resume' material. Very nice opportunities to shine.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Both KSU and Duke will be top 10 with a chance at a top 5 ranking, especially KSU. Like Bob said both teams will boost our RPI, regardless of the result. It will be a great tourney.
    "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Please Duke at K2, Please Duke at K2, Please Duke at K2, ad infinitum, ad nauseum
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board