Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zags@Waves Game Thread 2/20/10

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    Not a fan of the clock killing stuff. Just play your game. Throws off the mojo or something. We seem to do this alot and teams creap back in.
    its defeatist attitude.......says we arent sure we're good enough....this game will be 10 soon

Default think I saw one of EH's problems that last

shot that drew a foul.

Notice how low he is off the ground when he's releasing, instead of at the top of his incredible hop. without that upper body follow through he wouldn't have gotten it in. But too often lately, it seems he's getting blocks.

He needs to get back to getting up above those smaller players, or the ones he clearly can outjump.

He, like RS, is giving his opponents a second chance at stopping him or his shot.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    its defeatist attitude.......says we arent sure we're good enough....this game will be 10 soon
    Yup. We should be getting our EASIEST baskets of the night. Alley oops and back door plays.

Even E and H are commenting on the killer mentality... or our lack thereof.

Rob is looking better but the defender is as about as potent as me out there.

Default THAT is the shot BOBBY

the poor sap had no chance to do anything cept foul
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Default pepp may win the 2nd half

pepp may win the 2nd half....GU has been SLOPPY all half!!!!!

they are playing a zone to slow down the tempo, inviting early bad jacks

good to be patient and explore the paint in all ways vs. that, or beat it down the floor and score

especially up 20 on the road! come on fellas

Sacre needs to flush those point blank shots and learn the art of the "fake"

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    they are playing a zone to slow down the tempo, inviting early bad jacks

good to be patient and explore the paint in all ways vs. that, or beat it down the floor and score
    True but regardless, you have to beat the zone before the clock runs out. It seems that we were getting it down to 10 seconds then starting something.

Default Couple of great plays

save by EH going outta bounds and then a great pass by MB (I think) and Bobby muffs it. Again, he's gotta stuff stuff stuff that pill. Not shoot that little JH trademark dink.

Go for the highest percentage shot his great big huge body affords him.
    Go TEAM Zags !

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    save by EH going outta bounds and then a great pass by MB (I think) and Bobby muffs it. Again, he's gotta stuff stuff stuff that pill. Not shoot that little JH trademark dink.

Go for the highest percentage shot his great big huge body affords him.
    +1

But I am thinking that maybe he just can't do it. He is not going to be Micah coming down the lane. I think Rob dunks if he is sure... but a missed dunk is no worse than a simple hook that might be 50/50 anyway.

man this has turned into one boring a** game

love the Grant sub to help bust up this 2nd half zone...playing well

Default okay, instead of a stuff

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    +1

But I am thinking that maybe he just can't do it. He is not going to be Micah coming down the lane. I think Rob dunks if he is sure... but a missed dunk is no worse than a simple hook that might be 50/50 anyway.
    just drop it in . . .
    Go TEAM Zags !

Default ur wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGonzaga View Post
    No sarcasm at all. I find your comments very negative and wrong. Pepperdine may have a low RPI, but they are not a bad team. Especially with Bell.
    but your
    no, your wrong. i never said Pep was bad I said GU is/was sloppy all half...in fact, Pep will prob win this half.....but your right about something, im not a Polly

Good win. Played much better. It is hard to get up for an oppenent everytime and I think once we got up here that feeling came back. Wish we would have gotten more boards and that Rob would have went up stronger a few times but overall a great game for him.