• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagAddict
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Observations from Game

1. The Kennel Club was awesome... definitely a 6th man for the Zags tonight.

2. The MAC was blistering hot... felt like a hot summer Hoopfest game. Were the Zags trying to sweat the life out of Samhan... it may have worked

3. Samhan was exhausted tonight... the Zags drove him into the ground literally. He was so tired he didn't participate in the 2nd half warmups and exited the game quitely with over 3 minutes to play... not the "fight to the end" mentality that everyone wants to give Samhan credit for.

4. Matt Bouldin was simply brilliant after he hit the 3 points shot to end the 1st half... he is just some calm and is a master at kissing shots off the glass.

5. Best home defensive effort I've seen the Zags play this season... and may have been the best I've seen in a long time. They are a very dangerous team when playing this level of defense... the players are taking pride in their defense. Great off the ball and on the ball defense tonight... holding McConnell to 1 3pt shot was amazing.

6. Delladova's uniform looks more like a wrestling singlet... his v-neck comes down near his waist. My wife was disgusted by his appearance for the majority of the game... not looking forward to 3 more years of this mess

7. At the end of the game the Zags all huddled at mid-court and celebrated a true team effort... I think the pressure of a 10th straight WCC Title was weighing on the team a little bit. You could tell they really wanted this win...

8. Finally, was that Woohoo who air balled the halfcourt shot challenge?

Go Zags!
  • alaskazagnut

I was there too!!!

One of the greatest games Ive seen. The crowd was all in red and the oldies but goodies were even standing and clapping. I saw a cute little old lady dancing to to AC/DC Thunderstruck!!!

Rock on Grandma!! The Zags make everyone rock. Young and old, rich and poor, pretty and ugly, we all look good in a red Zags "6th man" T-shirt!!!

Comment

• Akzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Yes ... that was WooHoo with the airball
      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• seasontixholder
        Banned
        • Nov 2007

1. It was 130 degrees in the shade in the Kennel. El Nino has made the place feel like the old Kennel. Not sure how much of a factor it was on the floor, but Omar spit out the bit and became passive fairly early in the 2nd half.

2. The key tonight was physicality. Dimon Simpson was no longer around to even the score. The Zags put their road experiences to use and beat the tar out of a group of inferior athletes. Skill wasn't enough.

3. With production like that from the 1 and 5 spots appearing more regularly, the team is a different animal. The defense is key, but that extra offensive production takes things up another notch. Meech completely took the starch out of one position, and got a big reaction from Few when subbed out the last time.

Comment

• ZagAddict
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Favorite chants by the Kennel Club last night:

1. N-I-T... with about 3 minutes left and GU up by 19 points
          2. Where is Omar... with about 3 minutes left and Omar on the bench

I was hoping to hear M-V-P from the Kennel Club when Few took Bouldin off the court. What have been nice to plant that seed, but oh well. Bouldin definitely got the better of Omar on the court.

Comment

• thickman1
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

It was nice to see Mr. Harris in the audience having a good time. What an atmosphere to be in to watch your son for the first time in college.

Comment

• kyle dixon
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

Observation-No taint on this win

11 turnovers for the Zags with only two coming in the second half. I love that statistic. Samhan had 14 points at the half and finished with only 7 second half points. Great win and great all around game sans the first 5 minutes of the game...

The Gaels really missed McConnell. I don't think those guards have played any team that played them as physical as the Zags did on defense. Even the Gael fan behind me during the game was calling for McConnell (who is averaging 13ppg) to the bench for the Aussie frosh (Page).

Comment

• Zagpower
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Great game!

I'd like to thank the Gaels for not doubling Robert in the post all game.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

I don't think Page did any better than McConnell.

Thanks for the posts, guys. It's always neat for me to hear how it was in K2. I was hoping that sweat would be dripping down the walls, and it seems like it was. I noticed that after Will Foster blocked Samhan's shot and knocked him to the ground that it was over for him. The picture in my avatar reminds me of how Will must have felt as he knocked Samhan down to the ground. Speaking of Will Foster, two more made free throws in a row. I am so happy for him, and to see how the crowd loves him says so much about GU. GU is awesome.
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• GUinSTL
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

Yes!

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

Thanks for the posts, guys. It's always neat for me to hear how it was in K2. I was hoping that sweat would be dripping down the walls, and it seems like it was. I noticed that after Will Foster blocked Samhan's shot and knocked him to the ground that it was over for him. The picture in my avatar reminds me of how Will must have felt as he knocked Samhan down to the ground. Speaking of Will Foster, two more made free throws in a row. I am so happy for him, and to see how the crowd loves him says so much about GU. GU is awesome.
                    you're right! Big Will did bear an uncanny resemblance to Ali last night. In fact, can somebody who's crafty with the digital media, hook up some kind of side-by-side comparison.
                    Man, I'm so happy for Will and the team, it's not even funny. Hell, I gave him a Standing-0 in my living room at 11:30 last night.
                    ~B

Comment

• Psychozag
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Feb 2007

6. Delladova's uniform looks more like a wrestling singlet... his v-neck comes down near his waist. My wife was disgusted by his appearance for the majority of the game... not looking forward to 3 more years of this mess

My wife made the same observation. The guy is a hard worker, and great shooter, and I think he will develop into a really good player, so it's too bad that he disgusts women. He also looks greasy after just a few minutes on the court. I think getting him a uniform that fit would make a lot of difference. It can't help your game to always be putting your uniform back on your shoulder after its slid off.

Comment

• sullyzag66
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thickman1 View Post
                        It was nice to see Mr. Harris in the audience having a good time. What an atmosphere to be in to watch your son for the first time in college.
                        I think his father was in the house for the Wake Forest game. This was certainly a better experience.

Comment

• zagzealot
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagAddict View Post

Go Zags!
                          OMG, I'm LMAO with this observation. I was saying the same thing to my hubby at the game! It seems like with every passing minute the vneck would creep closer and closer to his navel. I was glad we weren't facing overtime...who knows how far down that thing would go!

I'm betting his wardrobe consists of many of these...

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
                          f∞

Comment

• gamagin
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Delladova is & looks like the consummate

Originally posted by Psychozag View Post

My wife made the same observation. The guy is a hard worker, and great shooter, and I think he will develop into a really good player, so it's too bad that he disgusts women. He also looks greasy after just a few minutes on the court. I think getting him a uniform that fit would make a lot of difference. It can't help your game to always be putting your uniform back on your shoulder after its slid off.
                            gym rat. I agree he shouldn't be able to put on his uni top by stepping in through the neck. lol.
                            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

....so many stories this year...but to see Will having a impact and feeling good about himself and hopefully feeling good about his time at Gonzaga is something that just makes me feel good...yes, that is it... makes me feel good...we have all been in that situation at some point in our lives and kept our heads down and kept trying and I'll be damned if things didn't get better just like mom said they would... I am very happy for him..

Comment

Working...
                              X