Heytfelt and Davis arrested ( Tell Me NO )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russell Bevan
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Josh & Theo my thoughts

Friends,

If the drugs belonged to Josh he should sit out the remaining regular season games and possibly the rest of the season. It they belong to Theo he should have to sit out five to ten games at the start of next year.

Young adults make mistakes, but these young men screwed up on many levels:
    Drugs
    Out past midnight the night before a grudge match game.
    Not living up to the programs or the schools code of ethics.
    on and on

I keep hearing about how mature Josh has become since becoming a father, I wonder how he acted before he had a baby.

I am so disappointed in these young men. My first thought was that they need to be removed from the program, but that is a little harsh we all make mistakes. But the leash on them has got to be tight, elevated GPA's, etc. If they even look the wrong way they need to be dismissed.

Every year for the past five years we have had a serious problem and we need to clean up the program. If we have to recruit at a lower level so be it. I want to win, but I want to win clean. I would rather make the dance every other year and be one and done then have my beloved alma mater be tarnished by the basketball team.

All the best,
    Russell Bevan '88

Comment

• wazZag
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

Amen Russell, I agree completely. I like watching the zags win basketball games but there have to be consequences for actions like this, I have no doubt Few and Co. will reach a fair conclusion.
      FOO!

Comment

• Gozags99
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2007

Few's Course of Action?

If you were in coach Few's shoes, what would you do?

I think he has to do whatever it takes to get the team's attention directed toward the game tonight and to the rest of the season.

I realize it is early, but assuming Josh and Theo are in deep trouble, I think it would be best to make an announcement as soon as possible and move on. The quickest and easiest decision for the time being would be to at least suspend the two players for the rest of the year...address the details for the future in April.

We are obviously going to get about 30 minutes per game out of Pendo and Mallon, 20+ from Kuso, and probably 5 minutes per game out of Foster/Burgess. Also, can Downs pick up some rebounding responsibilities? Maybe this will be an opportunity for him to get into a rhythm with more minutes. We still have plenty of scoring abilities, but somebody is going to have to learn how to slash to the bucket

Comment

• bigblahla
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Learning Experience

Life is filled with lessons, this will be a hard one for both of these young men. My hope is that they will learn from it.

As far as the season goes, Looks like Coach will have to play Burgess and Foster but Josh's loss is devastating to this years season.

Home win streak is at risk but the other Zags may step up if not it's a lousy way to end it if that's what happens.

Go!! Zags!!!
          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

Suspended indefinitely by Few, according to ESPN.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• GU69
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Ewwwww

Tough news.

Obviously times are difficult right now for Josh and Theo.

But this is also difficult on the coaches and the rest of the team.

At this point the won-loss record for the rest of the year is not so important to me any more. What is important is how and what these young men learn from this.

What a contrast in the threads on this board: this one about Josh and Theo, and the other one about Sean. It makes me appreciate Sean all the more.

Go Zags.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I am heartsick.

I agree, both players should be punished severely enough that they will learn that Gonzaga University athletics will not tolerate such conduct and/or activities by any player regardless of their skills.
                Last edited by HillBillyZag; 02-10-2007, 09:56 AM. Reason: left out a word
                [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
                ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• bromlecm
                  • Feb 2007

I would note that while driving this morning Andy Katz reported that a point guard at Notre Dame was expelled from school for possession of marijuana. Katz brought up the similarities between GU and ND as institutions and left one to speculate as to what GU might do. A very sad day for Gonzaga.

Comment

Stepping up in times of adversity

Glad to see our guys have pleaded not guilty. In our wonderful society we are innocent until proven guilty. And Few will do the right thing, he's a Classic Zag.....The team will come ready to play.

I think the Zags will do great without Josh today. They'll respond. Many times adversity brings people together, including athletic teams. I think we'll meet this challenge head on, and that it'll bring us together in a way we haven't seen so far this year. Remember that this is a team game, and even without Josh we have tons of talent, and I believe more talent then both St. Mary's and Santa Clara. We are still the Zags!!! We've been underperforming since November, and maybe this very sad and tragic event will pull us together, and that we'll start playing up to the level we should be playing at. I"m with Elvoce. I'll be cheering louder then ever. And believing at a level I've yet to experience....

Comment

• wazZag
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

I would note that while driving this morning Andy Katz reported that a point guard at Notre Dame was expelled from school for possession of marijuana. Katz brought up the similarities between GU and ND as institutions and left one to speculate as to what GU might do. A very sad day for Gonzaga.
                      I wonder if the ND guy had some major prior issues, that seems a little harsh. I would hope GU wouldn't completely abandon the kids. I'm all for punishment, but at a certain level it is counterproductive for the student and the school.
                      FOO!

Comment

• kylasdad
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

The zags that are left and the two who aren't..

need our help today.

Go Zags, you've got something to fight for. Santa Clara really thinks they have a chance now...

Comment

• AllezZags
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Feb 2007

ESPN is on the story now

I flipped on the TV to watch Wisconson, and was treated to Gottlieb talking about both players being suspended "indefinately".

that is the right course of action, and also the minimum coach could have done IMHO.
                          AllezZags!

Comment

• wazZag
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2007

Suspended indefinitely is pretty standard, IMO. He needs to wait for the facts, what a stressful day for the staff, team, and everyone involved.
                            FOO!

Comment

• primal23
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

There goes the home win streak IMWO
                              11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                              "Make it yourself"
                              "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                              "Okay"

Comment

• GaelBaller

Looks like an ugly situation and bad for the WCC in general. Since Theo Davis isn't an American citizen and likely on a student visa, what will happen if he is found guilty of either charges? It seems like the recent illegal immigration and terrorism security debates have created many laws that will deport non-citizens on the most minor of charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X