Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: --Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU-- UPDATE: Complete

Hybrid View

Default --Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU-- UPDATE: Complete

If you wanna keep track of me during my trip, this thread is the place to be. I was trying to think of the best method of posting pictures and descriptions of my trip, and this blog seemed like the easiest. With it, I will be able to send text messages and pictures (also via text) to a special phone number, and it will automatically post it to this blog. So, throughout my trip, I will post random thoughts and pictures at many times during the day. Seems like it will work pretty well. I can also take video from my cell now, so I'll stop by this thread and post links directly to the video on YouTube (my phone also lets me take video, and instantly put it on YouTube...crazy, huh).

So...stick with this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gonzaga is a university like no other. I've always people talk like that, but over these last few years, I've seen proof of it. The generosity of some of you guys is unheard of. This story is even further proof of that.

I really felt compelled to tell everyone what exactly has taken place with this trip...it's pretty amazing, to say the least. About 6 weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a poster on this board (we're going to keep him or her anonymous, but we are going to refer to them as Ghostzag), asking if it was true that I'd never been to a game in the MAC. Ghostzag then told me they'd followed my posts and things over the last few years, and said they thought it would be cool to make my dream come true. Ghostzag then offered to provide me and a friend, roundtrip airfare to and from Spokane, and also provide tickets to the St. Mary's game. At first...I thought surely it was some kind of joke, really mean hoax, etc. But...it wasn't. After many, many e-mails with Ghostzag....it's actually happening. This poster has already booked and sent me and my bro our flight itenerary for the trip, and as most of you know, I'll be arriving at the Spokane airport this Wednesday night, and flying back home Sunday morning. Have you EVER heard of anyone doing something like this?? I thought it was only in movies, haha. And I never thought anything so amazing like this would happen to me. Ghostzag, I know you're reading this, and I know I've told you this 1000 times already, but thank you. You will never really know what this trip means to me.

So, flights are booked, we needed to find some tickets! W searched and searched for tickets to St. Marys, and it seemed there NONE for sale. I made a request on the forum for some game tickets, and within 24 hours, there were 5 different people from this board offering me free tickets (that were selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay!!) to this game.

First off, thank you to everyone who sent those ticket offers to me. I won't give any of their names out, for fear that they'll be blasted with 30 PM's about game tickets :-). But thank you guys, really. Also, I had 3 or 4 PM's from posters offering me a place to stay at their home!!! That's just incredible. (The word I use to describe it is incredible, the word my WIFE used to describe it...is 'wierd', but she just doesn't understand, haha!)

Also, over the last few years, there have been probably 5 different people from this board (again, don't want to list their names, but if you want to speak up and say who you are, feel free!) who have sent me random zags items, for no reason. I have literally received hundreds of dollars worth of zags memorabilia and autographs....just because, and many times just out of the blue! When I look around my zags room...I have probably only purchased or obtained HALF of the items in their myself. The rest were given to me. You guys will never know what that means to me. This would all be different if it was just one person that sent me an item one time...but I've received multiple packages from half a dozen people, just at random times!! That says something about Gonzaga. Everyone always says that the players are 'different', and they are 'zag material'. But I think the fans are different too. I first became a die-hard zags fan because of the generosity of the first zags fan I ever met, but that's a whole other story...

Also, and I can say his name because he's been posting about it, but El Voce sent me a PM out of the blue, offering to drive me all around Spokane and the surrounding area, giving me a personal tour of the campus and any other thing I wanted to see. I never even asked or posted about this, he just offered...

So...sorry to be so long winded, but I just wanted everyone know how special this university is, and how much it means to me. And I'm not just saying that because you guys have sent me free stuff. I also received dozens of PM's when my mother was in the hospital, dozens of messages when my son was born, dozens of messages when I was stressing about a job change...just to name a few of the instances.

Thank you to all of you guys. But ESPECIALLY to Ghostzag, for making my dream come true. I KNOW for a fact, that I'll be telling my grandkids about this trip. It WILL be one of the highlights of my life. I just hope I can slow down long enough to take it all in this week.

And thank you to any of you guys that have ever gotten an autograph for me, or sent me a t-shirt or towel in the mail, ticket stubs, or sent me any other zag item. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

When I try to describe to friends and family how and why I'm getting to go on this trip, I get some really odd looks. It's really hard to explain to them, but I feel like I REALLY do have some really good, genuine friends on this forum. And I'm really excited to meet you guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! So, now that I have made what feels like a Grammy acceptance speech, haha, let me give you this blog link.

As the title of the thread says, my blog is called "Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU" (I will have to credit that to Ghostzag, she....or he.... :-) ....thought of that.

The newest posts will always be at the top. You can also leave comments on anything I post. As soon as I take my first YouTube video, I'll come back to this thread, and link you to that, so stay tuned.

---Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU Blog---
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha

Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.

See ya in a couple of days!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Default thats a pretty cool story.....

U got to love the Zags

Have a great time in town and

GoZAGsMang

Oh, man, Woohoo! How awesome for you. You found a sugar momma or sugar daddy! Hey, in these times, I won't judge! j/k

I'm so excited to see what you think of my hometown...to see it through the eyes of Woohoo! Have a safe trip & update often! I love seeing pics of home.

very happy for you woohoo. I (and many others, I'm sure) will live vicariously through you this week. Have a triple blast for all of us who are unlikely to ever watch a game in the Kennel ourselves.

A month back, you were in that group with us... now you are getting ready for the VIP treatment... nothing more than your just desserts for all the joy and fun you've brought to the Gonzaga community on these message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.
    Seconded.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

El Voce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha
    WooHoo - That is great news! You SO belong in row 1 on the floor, and on the floor for the player intros!

GhostZag and the folks who offered you tickets are truly awesome! I offered to drive you around because I was pretty much sure you would have done the same for me if I was visiting St. Louis. I will have as much fun, or more, showing you around as you guys have seeing the sights. We Zag alums are proud of our school and proud of our community. It is a pleasure to share that with you guys.

it is going to be awesome when everyone finds out that "Woohoo" is actually a 9 year old kid who used his dads credit card to book a flight to Spokane to find this chick that mailed Woohoo's dad after she heard him on a nationally broadcast radio show, where he was talking about the loneliness of being a single father

wait...I'm thinking of "Sleepless in Seattle"
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    it is going to be awesome when everyone finds out that "Woohoo" is actually a 9 year old kid
    i'm not thinking so!

Let's see, LynetteG. You posted at 9:10 pm. It's now 10:41 pm.

I suppose WooHoo is now enjoying a brew at Jack and Dans, or The Bulldog. What you all think?

Default not sure, but...

i know my dad picked them up at the airport. i'm pretty sure they were wiped out from travelling all day. Plus, woohoo hasn't slept in days because of his excitement level. i think they were going to crack open a Kokanee in the confines of our humble abode, and get ready to rest up for the weekend full of adventures.
    ~B

The foo is descending on Spokane, will it survive? Here I come (3.5 hrs out) in my old rattle trap chitty chitty bang bang Grand Caravan (better milage than the Big 8-cyl Chevy). Wish me luck!
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post
    Welcome indeed! Here's to hoping this trip is capped by a couple of
    ZAG WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thumbs up Woohoo made it to campus!

He posted this in his blog, sitting in tent #1

btw, his blog is here: http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com

Very cool. I'm impressed. Welcome WooHoo.

I must say El Voce is looking fit and trim.

You been working out?

That's funny.

I was just thinking, "I hope whohoo tours the tents outside the Mac today."

...and there he is
    A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

He's already getting into trouble!

from the blog:
    Yeah....so I TOTALLY just pulled Bol Kong out of class! Sorry man! Haha, but I shook his hand and saw Elias across the way. Awesome. PS- I feel short
    posted by gozagswoohoo at 12:06 PM

How cool is that? I am so excited for Woohoo as I know he must be on cloud nine. Hope he can get up front with the KC tonight!

Default Woohoo at Swinging Doors Saloon at 9 tonight

If you've missed him thus far, here's a chance.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Swinging Doors Saloon....sounds like country music. Have fun Zag fans.

Did anyone watching on ESPN notice when Foster was waiting to shoot FTs that there was a camera shot from above and one of the fans put their hands in front of the camera and made a W for WooHoo?

ID ZAGFAN Guest

Default Yep!

Very cool!

I was doing the same thing at home with my hands in front of my face---so I saw the shots through my hands and their hands. Fun!

ID ZAGFAN
    Last edited by ID ZAGFAN; 02-12-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typos

Swinging Doors will be about 9:15, MAYBE 9:30, absolutely NO LATER. We'll hurry! Be there or be square

It's like 2 minutes from my house up on the 5 mile prairie, but unfortunately, it's zombieland with the wife tonight.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003