Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: --Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU-- UPDATE: Complete

Default --Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU-- UPDATE: Complete

If you wanna keep track of me during my trip, this thread is the place to be. I was trying to think of the best method of posting pictures and descriptions of my trip, and this blog seemed like the easiest. With it, I will be able to send text messages and pictures (also via text) to a special phone number, and it will automatically post it to this blog. So, throughout my trip, I will post random thoughts and pictures at many times during the day. Seems like it will work pretty well. I can also take video from my cell now, so I'll stop by this thread and post links directly to the video on YouTube (my phone also lets me take video, and instantly put it on YouTube...crazy, huh).

So...stick with this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gonzaga is a university like no other. I've always people talk like that, but over these last few years, I've seen proof of it. The generosity of some of you guys is unheard of. This story is even further proof of that.

I really felt compelled to tell everyone what exactly has taken place with this trip...it's pretty amazing, to say the least. About 6 weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a poster on this board (we're going to keep him or her anonymous, but we are going to refer to them as Ghostzag), asking if it was true that I'd never been to a game in the MAC. Ghostzag then told me they'd followed my posts and things over the last few years, and said they thought it would be cool to make my dream come true. Ghostzag then offered to provide me and a friend, roundtrip airfare to and from Spokane, and also provide tickets to the St. Mary's game. At first...I thought surely it was some kind of joke, really mean hoax, etc. But...it wasn't. After many, many e-mails with Ghostzag....it's actually happening. This poster has already booked and sent me and my bro our flight itenerary for the trip, and as most of you know, I'll be arriving at the Spokane airport this Wednesday night, and flying back home Sunday morning. Have you EVER heard of anyone doing something like this?? I thought it was only in movies, haha. And I never thought anything so amazing like this would happen to me. Ghostzag, I know you're reading this, and I know I've told you this 1000 times already, but thank you. You will never really know what this trip means to me.

So, flights are booked, we needed to find some tickets! W searched and searched for tickets to St. Marys, and it seemed there NONE for sale. I made a request on the forum for some game tickets, and within 24 hours, there were 5 different people from this board offering me free tickets (that were selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay!!) to this game.

First off, thank you to everyone who sent those ticket offers to me. I won't give any of their names out, for fear that they'll be blasted with 30 PM's about game tickets :-). But thank you guys, really. Also, I had 3 or 4 PM's from posters offering me a place to stay at their home!!! That's just incredible. (The word I use to describe it is incredible, the word my WIFE used to describe it...is 'wierd', but she just doesn't understand, haha!)

Also, over the last few years, there have been probably 5 different people from this board (again, don't want to list their names, but if you want to speak up and say who you are, feel free!) who have sent me random zags items, for no reason. I have literally received hundreds of dollars worth of zags memorabilia and autographs....just because, and many times just out of the blue! When I look around my zags room...I have probably only purchased or obtained HALF of the items in their myself. The rest were given to me. You guys will never know what that means to me. This would all be different if it was just one person that sent me an item one time...but I've received multiple packages from half a dozen people, just at random times!! That says something about Gonzaga. Everyone always says that the players are 'different', and they are 'zag material'. But I think the fans are different too. I first became a die-hard zags fan because of the generosity of the first zags fan I ever met, but that's a whole other story...

Also, and I can say his name because he's been posting about it, but El Voce sent me a PM out of the blue, offering to drive me all around Spokane and the surrounding area, giving me a personal tour of the campus and any other thing I wanted to see. I never even asked or posted about this, he just offered...

So...sorry to be so long winded, but I just wanted everyone know how special this university is, and how much it means to me. And I'm not just saying that because you guys have sent me free stuff. I also received dozens of PM's when my mother was in the hospital, dozens of messages when my son was born, dozens of messages when I was stressing about a job change...just to name a few of the instances.

Thank you to all of you guys. But ESPECIALLY to Ghostzag, for making my dream come true. I KNOW for a fact, that I'll be telling my grandkids about this trip. It WILL be one of the highlights of my life. I just hope I can slow down long enough to take it all in this week.

And thank you to any of you guys that have ever gotten an autograph for me, or sent me a t-shirt or towel in the mail, ticket stubs, or sent me any other zag item. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

When I try to describe to friends and family how and why I'm getting to go on this trip, I get some really odd looks. It's really hard to explain to them, but I feel like I REALLY do have some really good, genuine friends on this forum. And I'm really excited to meet you guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! So, now that I have made what feels like a Grammy acceptance speech, haha, let me give you this blog link.

As the title of the thread says, my blog is called "Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU" (I will have to credit that to Ghostzag, she....or he.... :-) ....thought of that.

The newest posts will always be at the top. You can also leave comments on anything I post. As soon as I take my first YouTube video, I'll come back to this thread, and link you to that, so stay tuned.

---Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU Blog---
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha

Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.

See ya in a couple of days!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Default thats a pretty cool story.....

U got to love the Zags

Have a great time in town and

GoZAGsMang

El Voce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha
    WooHoo - That is great news! You SO belong in row 1 on the floor, and on the floor for the player intros!

GhostZag and the folks who offered you tickets are truly awesome! I offered to drive you around because I was pretty much sure you would have done the same for me if I was visiting St. Louis. I will have as much fun, or more, showing you around as you guys have seeing the sights. We Zag alums are proud of our school and proud of our community. It is a pleasure to share that with you guys.

Oh, man, Woohoo! How awesome for you. You found a sugar momma or sugar daddy! Hey, in these times, I won't judge! j/k

I'm so excited to see what you think of my hometown...to see it through the eyes of Woohoo! Have a safe trip & update often! I love seeing pics of home.

very happy for you woohoo. I (and many others, I'm sure) will live vicariously through you this week. Have a triple blast for all of us who are unlikely to ever watch a game in the Kennel ourselves.

A month back, you were in that group with us... now you are getting ready for the VIP treatment... nothing more than your just desserts for all the joy and fun you've brought to the Gonzaga community on these message boards.

WooHoo:

El Voce won't steer you wrong. And if Hondo offers to take you uptown, don't be a putz like I was, go for it.

Wishing you a great memorable experience in Spokane ,

Reno

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Can't wait to meet you Woo! BTW, the 'this way to a woohoo moment' sign is gone. Seems the man bought that bank and now there's all new signage. Sorry about that.

Default Wishing you the best trip ever ....

............... with all the trimmings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.
    Seconded.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

This trip is awesome. I have been waiting for you to actually get to see the Zags live and hear about the trip ever since you first started posting (I remember when you first started posting; you were really weird). But you proved yourself to be a true diehard fan over time. The thing I find so amazing is that you have no connection to Gonzaga or the Spokane community, but still follow the Zags with a passion. And for me, this validates my belief that there is something appealing about the Zags beyond living in Spokane or being alumni. The Zags are the Cinderella that crashed the big boy's party, and kept on doing it despite everybody's belief that this is the year that they will go away. Still hasn't happened. It's the true underdog story. And now you get the red carpet rolled out to welcome you as if you've been away. I really hope you do have the time of your life, and that the thing you've built up in your mind fits the reality of it. I think for a hardcore fan such as yourself, that won't be too difficult.

You seem like a really cool guy and I would love to meet you, but unfortunately I am going to be in Vancouver for the Olympics (did I just say that?). My wife is a Wash U grad, so we are in St. Louis all of the time. Maybe that's where we will have to meet up for a beer.

Make many nasty comments about Samhan's breast size, and I hope you get to see two Zags victories.

That is truly amazing! I'm so glad to be a part of a university that is so special.

Have a great trip! Props to ghostzag

Woohoo, that is just freaking awesome. Is it ok that I'm just a tiny bit jealous?

Also, I expect at least a 7.3% increase in crowd enthusiasm just due to your presence.

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychozag View Post
    This trip is awesome. I have been waiting for you to actually get to see the Zags live and hear about the trip ever since you first started posting (I remember when you first started posting; you were really weird). But you proved yourself to be a true diehard fan over time. The thing I find so amazing is that you have no connection to Gonzaga or the Spokane community, but still follow the Zags with a passion. And for me, this validates my belief that there is something appealing about the Zags beyond living in Spokane or being alumni. The Zags are the Cinderella that crashed the big boy's party, and kept on doing it despite everybody's belief that this is the year that they will go away. Still hasn't happened. It's the true underdog story. And now you get the red carpet rolled out to welcome you as if you've been away. I really hope you do have the time of your life, and that the thing you've built up in your mind fits the reality of it. I think for a hardcore fan such as yourself, that won't be too difficult.

You seem like a really cool guy and I would love to meet you, but unfortunately I am going to be in Vancouver for the Olympics (did I just say that?). My wife is a Wash U grad, so we are in St. Louis all of the time. Maybe that's where we will have to meet up for a beer.

Make many nasty comments about Samhan's breast size, and I hope you get to see two Zags victories.

Hahaha, I actually commented on this the other day. And let me know next time you're in the StL, maybe we can catch a Cardinals game or something, if you haven't been to the new Busch Stadium, ya gotta see it. Beautiful.

23dpg- Wow...I had figured on an increase of around 6.4%....but I guess I've got a little more work to do!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Hahaha, I actually commented on this the other day. And let me know next time you're in the StL, maybe we can catch a Cardinals game or something, if you haven't been to the new Busch Stadium, ya gotta see it. Beautiful.

23dpg- Wow...I had figured on an increase of around 6.4%....but I guess I've got a little more work to do!
    Have you considered crowd surfing?

WooHoo I'm so excited for you. I was REALLY looking forward to meeting you, but I can't take the time off from work. Apparently my boss didn't get the memo that you were a big deal. I know you're going to enjoy every minute of your time in Spokane. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Default Not to hijack, but

Did someone say Cardinals game?

I've been a huge Card fan since the days of Gibson, Brock, Torre through the Vince Coleman, ET McGhee, Jack Clark, Tom Herr era gang to the new crop with Pujols, Ludwig, Rasmus.

That's one thing on my Bucket List...see a game at Busch Stadium.

Looks like I may have a tour guide if I ever make it to StL.

Default re hondo

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    WooHoo:

El Voce won't steer you wrong. And if Hondo offers to take you uptown, don't be a putz like I was, go for it.

Wishing you a great memorable experience in Spokane ,

Reno
    He was last spotted going 120 mph in the eastbound lane of I90, heading towards Idaho-Montana in his new Prius. What a jokester. Claimed he couldn't stop . . . but he was also getting great mileage !
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

WooHoo I am so excited for you, not sure if I will be able to make it to David's but I may at least be able to get a glimpse of you on TV at the game. You will have the best time, I was able to see the Zags for the first time in the Kennel this year also. I had a GhostZag too! I felt like I won the lottery-still do. It was just amazing. Have a wondeful time in Spokane.

After the game on Thursday hit "The Star" on Hamilton next to the Bulldog for a victory beverage and a GU experience of a different kind.

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagpower View Post
    Did someone say Cardinals game?

I've been a huge Card fan since the days of Gibson, Brock, Torre through the Vince Coleman, ET McGhee, Jack Clark, Tom Herr era gang to the new crop with Pujols, Ludwig, Rasmus.

That's one thing on my Bucket List...see a game at Busch Stadium.

Looks like I may have a tour guide if I ever make it to StL.
    WooHoo is correct in that Busch III is a great place for a game. I was there for the first time last year, and am going again this year. My GF bought us commisioner's box seats for one of the Mariners game, which allow us onto the field for BP and pregame, as WooHoo would say is PMTA. Anyway if you get the chance, go.

Also, WooHoo we'll have to meet up in June for a cocktail.
    Speak softly, but carry a big Foo stick.

I gotta fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by outrunu View Post

Also, WooHoo we'll have to meet up in June for a cocktail.
    For sure! Just let me know when and where, I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurknomore View Post
    WooHoo I am so excited for you, not sure if I will be able to make it to David's but I may at least be able to get a glimpse of you on TV at the game. You will have the best time, I was able to see the Zags for the first time in the Kennel this year also. I had a GhostZag too! I felt like I won the lottery-still do. It was just amazing. Have a wondeful time in Spokane.
    Maybe Bardo and Gannon will interview WooHoo at halftime.
    Have a great time WooHoo. I always enjoy reading your posts. I also do not have a direct connection to GU as an alumni, and I don't live in Spokane. I'm not even Catholic. I have seen the Zags 3 times in Socal in recent years so that is good.

I followed GU in print when Stockton played, and then I followed the John Rillie team when they made it on ESPN during tournament play. My real connection to the Zags began with the Vancouver, WA area Zags; Frahm (Battle Ground HS) and Santagelo (Portland). When they made the run to the EE in 99 I was hooked. Vancouver, WA area players Gourde (Prairie HS), Dickau (Prairie HS) and Raivio (Mt View HS) followed and strengthened my connection. Today, Vancouver BC Zags stock the roster.

I tried going to the GU-UP games at the Chiles Center in 00 and 01 when I lived in Vancouver, but I did not plan ahead and the games were sold out on game day.

WooHoo you are living the dream. Soak it all in at Jack and Dans and at David's and especially at the Kennel. And don't forget to set your watch back an hour, or is it two?