• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asoc
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jul 2007

Sounders trialist Tye Perdido latest in Gonzaga's Hawaiian pipeline

I figured Zag fans would be interested in this article.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

Tye Perdido is the latest Hawaiian to graduate from Gonzaga with pro aspirations. The 6-1 forward for Kula, HI (east Maui) was invited to the Sounders' Las Vegas combine in December. His performance in Vegas lead to an invite to the 2010 Sounders FC training camp.
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by asoc View Post
    I figured Zag fans would be interested in this article.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

I just came here to mention the same article! Nice catch, asoc!

Perdido also got a mention in the Sounders FC blog in the Times:

There is some news to report. Coach Sigi Schmid said rookie second-round draft pick Mike Seamon has been allowed to go back to Villanova to finish school, as is forward Tye Perdido, who'll likely return to Gonzaga after a week-long trial with Sounders FC because he has one more semeser of college to finish.

Seamon also has one more semester. Both are scheduled to graduate in early May. Neither will join the team in Arizona.

My thought: I do think Perdido had some good moments, and so he's someone to keep an eye on down the road.
    Just a thought for any Sounders fans out there: Sounders FC could *really* use a strong target forward who's good in the air, for set pieces if nothing else, and if Perdido could work himself into that kind of role in a couple of seasons, he'd definitely get PT in the regular rotation IMO. I'd guess if they're letting him go back to finish school, he's probably a year or two away, but it's a nice thought.

Comment

Working...
    X