Thread: Does anyone remember Dick Totusek?

Default Does anyone remember Dick Totusek?

Obviously, this question is for the old geezers among us, since Mr. Totusek attended GU back before the dawn of recorded history, in the late 50's. In addition to being a musician, he was a really smart guy. Apparently there were those on the staff of the GU paper who resented the fact that he was brighter than they and who published a thinly disguised satire about him in which he was called--if I remember rightly--Pilchard Q. Totalizer, or something like that.

Having departed early for other continents (California among them), I wasn't aware of his career in Spokane or elsewhere during the sixties and afterward. However, there was a nice little blurb in the St. Aloysius bulletin today. He is now deceased, and his wife has lent the church a really gorgeous grand piano on a long term basis.

Default yes,

I remember him as a driver/collector of rolls royces & I believe he owned something like H & R Block, in addition to his considerable musical skills.

a bearded monk-like character who marched to his own beat (pun intended).

I don't remember him, but a Google found this.
    http://www.afm.org/public/press/memoriam.php

Birddog

I remember Dick Totusek when he attended Rogers high school in Spokane. He entered as a freshman when I was a senior. I think he was only 12 years old when he started high school. He was very immature compared to the rest of us and was resented because of his superior intellect. I didn't realize he followed me to Gonzaga. Apparently he received the same ill treatment from some at Gonzaga that he had suffered in high school. I'm glad to hear had a successful and productive life. "Living well is the best revenge."