Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fr. Hightower

Default Fr. Hightower

I'm a first time poster, but read frequently. I love hearing all the opinions and links y'all post. On a non-basketball related note, please pray for Fr. Craig Hightower, who sits at the end of the bench for every game. His niece, Molly, works in an orphanage in Haiti. She has not yet been accounted for. Please keep Fr. and his family in your prayers.

Yes, God's blessings and miracles for that whole situation. May God be with the rescuers, those trapped in rubble, the seriously injured, those displaced from their homes.

:]

I pray that the Lord shows himself strong and merciful in this ugly situation. I pray that they turn to his care and trust in Him. And that he strenthens those who have suffered lose or those awaiting news. Amen

Molly Hightower is a recent graduate of the University of Portland. The campus has been holding prayer vigils all day, and, according to local news there is still no word on her whereabouts.

Prayers and best wishes for her and her family and friends.

For 12 years from 1992 to 2004, my work required me to spend over 25% of my time in the Caribbean and Central America on trips ranging from 2 to 4 weeks each. (Not in resorts, but with the blue collar workers.) In that time I have found that underneath the burden of poverty and the publicity of crime and violence, there is a substantial base of wonderful, faithfilled, beautiful people. As such, I have been praying for them since I first heard of the earthquake.

And now we find out that this disaster has hit closer to home than geography would first lead us to believe.

My prayers will continue.

Thoughts and prayers continue for Molly, and everyone else touched by this tragedy.

Here is the related thread/information on PilotNation: http://pilotfans.users-board.net/gen...aiti-t2929.htm

Here is a picture of Molly from the Oregonian:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...1/post_85.html
    Go Pilots!

For Fr. Hightower, Molly and her family, and everyone else in Haiti.

PiliotNut... would you mind crossposting any news you get over here?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    For 12 years from 1992 to 2004, my work required me to spend over 25% of my time in the Caribbean and Central America on trips ranging from 2 to 4 weeks each. (Not in resorts, but with the blue collar workers.) In that time I have found that underneath the burden of poverty and the publicity of crime and violence, there is a substantial base of wonderful, faithfilled, beautiful people. As such, I have been praying for them since I first heard of the earthquake.

And now we find out that this disaster has hit closer to home than geography would first lead us to believe. My prayers will continue.
    there but for the grace of god . . .

thank you for the info...

prayers for all who are in Haiti now and their friends and relatives.
    A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Prayers to all those who are affected by this.

For those who wish to donate you can text "Haiti" to 90999
    This goes to the Red Cross and you will see $10 on your next phone bill.

American Airlines is handing out bonus miles for every $50 donation so you might able to score extra bonus miles.

http://american.redcross.org/site/Pa...anairlines-pub

No matter who you go through just beware of scams.

youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Sadly, Molly Hightower did not survive this tragic ordeal. Oregonian article here.

Rest in peace Molly, you are a true hero.

RIP Molly... my prayers to the Hightower family and the UP community as well.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Default Peace

Peace to the extended family. Molly Hightower sacrificed her life to help orphans.

What can we do today to help the poor and suffering of the world?
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Rest in peace, Molly Hightower. You are an inspiration.

FWIW, it is the Urban Search and Rescue team from my county, Fairfax County, that is searching the school. They are one thing that I do not mind my county taxes going to, they are the best in the world.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

So sad. RIP.

Our prayers are for her family & friends. SERVICE & LOVE are the key words here.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    What can we do today to help the poor and suffering of the world?
    http://www.up.edu/shownews.aspx?id=3937

University establishes Haiti Relief Fund to assist those affected by earthquake

The University of Portland community’s response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti this week has been one of prayerful solidarity, hopeful petitions for the safety of our alumnae and all others there, and offers to provide financial assistance. The University is accepting donations for relief efforts and will split all money received evenly between Catholic Relief Services and the Holy Cross Community.

“We pray for the people of Haiti and those whose lives were devastated by the earthquake,” said University President, Rev. E. William Beauchamp, C.S.C. “We pray for those who have lost their lives and for those who grieve their loss, we pray for the injured and for those who have lost everything. This is a people who will need our prayers and our assistance for months, if not years, to come.”

Catholic Relief Services has been excellent at providing immediate, short term assistance in disaster situations overseas. CRS staff is already in place in Haiti providing food and relief supplies . For over 60 years, Holy Cross Priests, Brothers and Sisters have been ministering, teaching and caring for the people of Haiti. Many of their buildings have been destroyed in the earthquake.

To donate to the Haiti Relief Fund , please make checks payable to the University of Portland and note “Haiti Relief Fund” in the memo. Checks can be sent to the Development Office, which will collect funds until Jan. 22, 2010. In addition, donations can be given online on the secure University website. Please follow this link and look for the fourth category listed, “Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund”: https://webster.up.edu/giveonline/

The University will also be celebrating a special Mass on Saturday, January 16 at noon in prayer for the safe recovery of 2009 graduate Molly Hightower, who was working in Haiti at an orphanage and who has been missing since the earthquake struck. All members of the community, especially young alumni of the University, are invited to attend.

In addition to the work already being done in Haiti, Catholic Relief Services is helping coordinate efforts to collect additional necessities such as plastic sheeting, hygiene kits, mosquito nets and water purification tablets. These supplies are being loaded in the Dominican Republic for distribution in Haiti.

"Search and rescue will have to find people in the rubble, treat people who are injured, secure food and water, and set up shelter for the homeless," said Bill Canny, CRS director of emergency operations. "We will be working hard to bring help to these people who have suffered so much."

Holy Cross missionaries first came to Haiti in 1944 to direct an existing secondary school in Cap Haitien. That initial mission, now called College Notre-Dame, sparked the establishment of other Holy Cross educational, social and parochial ministries throughout Haiti, now organized as the Province of Notre-Dame du Perpetual Secours with 70 religious, including two Holy Cross bishops.

“As a University community we pray in a special way for the safety and well-being of members of our community who live and work in Haiti, as well as the Holy Cross religious who make that place their home,” Beauchamp said.
    Go Pilots!

My heart breaks for the family. Peace and prayers.

This is incredibly sad. RIP, Molly, and best thoughts to Fr. Hightower and family.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

The word "superstar" is used way too much in athletics.

Molly was one.

Heaven got a great one. RIP.

Father,

We thank you for gift of Molly. Her life of service humbles us. May peace be with her family. May we never forget her smile, her passion, or her faith. Her life, cut horribly short, blessed us

Amen
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Default Donation......

The UP site is where I think my donation will go.
    I regret that I didn't hear about her before this week.
    I love people who DO SOMETHING.

(The blog and video is powerful stuff.)

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ad.php?t=25683