Thread: Should Few follow Pat Summits ...

Default Should Few follow Pat Summits ...

approach on offense? I heard during the Women's Final Four from one of Pat Summits former point guards that Coach Summit approched her and asked her what offense she wanted to run.

How cool would that be if Pargo could choose what offense he wanted to run. Not saying that it would be the best choice, but that to me is a great players coach.

Default just what College BB needs....

More programs that have players coaches. They are always sooooooo successful!

Let's leave the Players coach crap to the NBA.
    Bob Knight, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, John Wooden, and even Mark Few, aren't where they are in the history of College Hoops cause they let a 19 YO take over the reigns of the program and call the shots when it comes to offenses and defenses.

Also, calling Pat Summit a players coach is laughable. She shames all of the above in running a tight ship. She may have been soliciting input, but don't confuse that with the direction of that program and how she runs it.

Default re:

To be honest, if you asked Pargo which type of offense he'd like to run, he would probably say Mark Few's offense. Their vision of things is aligned. An example of this was that S-R article where Jeremy revealed that someone had come up to him and advised him to play at a slower pace. Jeremy said no way. If you have ever seen Few on the sidelines, you will see him regularly waving his arms, trying to his guys down the floor. He wants the ball to pushed down people's throats, and the offense run in a north/south direction. Pargo does this.

I agree with Md, its hard for me to believe with all the success pat summit has had is by turning her offense over to the players and say run what you want. That mighta worked in 6th grade rec leagues but not in NCAA basketball. The coaches are there for a reason to get the players to buy into their theories, and get everyone on the same page. I feel these zags have done just that and Few has had most of his success with players that havent quite been as all around talented as a lot of teams. Now that he is getting players to buy into his system and have just as much all around talent its scary how good this program could be. Sky is the limit

"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer." -Rick Pitino

Although I have admired Pat Summit's program for a long time, and I believe I am actually scared of her, I was expecting this thread to go in a different direction. For some reason, I thought it would be a request for Mark Few to sing in a cheerleading outfit. This is clearly a sign that I am sleep deprived.

I thought you were going to say, "dress up like a cheerleader and top the pyramid at a womens game" like Pat did at a mens game this year in response to Bruce Pearl going shirtless with body paint at a womens game. Too many possible scenarios here.

Sorry Liz, I didn't read you post before I wrote mine. Great minds, or should I say demented ones think alike.