View Poll Results: Who's your GUnit?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gray (shut down Thompson!)

9 5.26%
  • Harris (insane line in the 2nd half)

68 39.77%
  • Bouldin (career high!! Dickau-esque!!)

72 42.11%
  • Olynyk

9 5.26%
  • The team/coach

12 7.02%
  • Someone else

1 0.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game--- WSU 12-2-09

Default GUnit of the Game--- WSU 12-2-09

Wow wow wow....as DISGUSTING as the first 30 minutes were, the last 10 were that good.

Wow, just wow....what a ridiculous game on so many levels.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Gray all day. His defense was amazing, won that game.

Unbelievable game by Bouldin and Harris. Bouldin gets the nod, but Harris was a beast! Olynyk gets an honorable mention.

We can survive Gray having a bad offensive night, because of his great defense, but he needs to control the dumb, unforced turnovers.

I am very pleased right now.

Voted for Matty but it could go to Gray or Harris. But IMHO the turning point in the second half (albeit I was at a wake for the first half so I was spared the ugliness) was the dagger 3s that Matt made that just chipped and chipped away at the lead. Editing to add that Kelly O is going to be a stud later this season and next year. He is another steal.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Great Performances by Harris and Bouldin offensively, and Gray defensively - but I give GUnit to Kelly.

Really put in a heavy duty performance filling in for Rob Sacre - and got perceptibly better as the game progressed.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

I have to go with Matt over Elias only because if Matt hadn't kept us somewhat close (yeah behind by 15 I guess is in the game), then Elias's amazing effort would have been for nothing. I won't argue with anyone who gives it to Elias as he was absolutely amazing in the 2nd half. WOW! MB though really was hot and without his play we would have been blown out in the first half.

For those who were saying it should be KO red-shirting over Sam, I think we saw tonight a great example of why KO isn't red-shirting. He had a great 2nd half too!

Now if we can just not come out flat against Wake Forest on Saturday. We can't keep spotting teams 15 points and expect to win.

Harris.....

My lord
    I miss Mike Hart

Default Harris

I agree it should go to both Bouldin and Harris. Without both their efforts and sparks, we lose. In the end I say Harris . Special props also to Kelly Olynk- solid defense, boards, steals,- really looking better each game by leaps and bounds!!!

Default They listened to you Bob Zag

I'd wrestle with a lion and a, grizzly bear
    it's my life baby but, I don't care

ain't that tuff enough?
    ain't that tuff enough?
    ain't that tuff enough?
    Harris, Bouldin, Kelly, Gray, Gibbs, Id say that's tuff enough!

how can you go anyone else elias harris. single handly killed wazzu in second half

Default Herr Energizer

Very tough call, but I'm going with Harris. I think the comeback never happens without him coming out in the second half with his hair on fire. He secured all loose balls, made all FTs and finished at the hoop - strong. That set the tone and that made the difference for a team that needed a shot in the arm. Way to go, Big E!
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

so torn on this one--but going with MB

Huge D by SG

huge plays by Harris

kudos to coaches---- winning game with a group that didn't resemble much of the starting lineup

WOW
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! !!!!!!!!

Don't make me pick between Bouldin and Harris! I guess I'll go Matty for the carreer high and keeping us in it in the first half but...Harris baby! And the awesome D by Gray! When we were down by 13 or so in the with about 12 minutes left in the game and it looked like we were going to blow it, I put the TIVO on pause and made a stiff Captain and Coke...I think it was the difference maker. And Mal, it's time to start eating crow about Kelly (although I saw where you were coming from). I'm on the Olynyk band wagon now! Anyway I'll vote for Bouldin. But Bouldin/Harris should have been an option.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

That was crazy. KO is starting to play the way he played every game I have ever seen him play and Harris is definitely a beast, but once again, Bouldin leads by example and puts the team on his shouders FTW!

Matt

It may seem like a copout, but I can't make my mind up between Matty and Elias. The contributions from several others really made it a team win in the second half. That game was hard on my blood pressure.

Boldin gets the vote only because we would have been down 25 in the first if it wasn't for him. Harris was the difference in the 2nd, but it's a mute point if Boldin doesn't keep it close.

Dan Dickau.....The game turned after he sat in.
    Speak softly, but carry a big Foo stick.

I gotta fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!!

Matt looked like he was even picking up Dickau's relaxed stance out on the court. I give it to Matt with the career high 28 pts mainly because he is a Senior and Elias is gonna win lots and lots of G-Units! Great job by both to pick the team up and reassert Zag effort and focus.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Voted for Bouldin. He is this team's undisputed leader, and is a proven winner.

I voted Harris because of the double-double and the attitude in the second half. Bouldin was awesome. Kelly-O stepped up big time.

Gray played great defense, but had 6 turnovers.

Bouldin, Harris, and KO were the only double-digit scorers. The three of them combined for 62 of the 74 points.

My big question is why Sacre didn't come back into the game. Did Few feel like we were on a roll, was Sacre hurting, or was he sat down for an attitude/learning issue? I hope it was just that we were on a roll without him.

Gonzaga is tough. Take away gray and sacre's turnover party and this would have been the blowout it should have been.

HARRIS (slightly over bouldin) FOR THE WIN, because honestly I expect bouldin to have career days when gray, sacre and goodson can't seem to pick it up.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I voted for Matt because it is his team and he led the charge.

But I thought that it was interesting that on the post-game show Matt said that he considered Steven to be the MVP for the game.

This is an impressive team.

I wish I would learn not to make my decision too quickly in voting for GUNIT, because every darned time that I do, I end up with second thoughts after reading everyone else's takes. Also tonight, I listened to HuddyBuddy and the Big Sexy interview Matt Bouldin, who said that Steven Gray deserved to be named MVP of the game, especially for his defense against Tompson, without much help from the rest of the team.

I voted for Elias, but could as easily have given it to Matty, but after Matty's assessment, probably would have given it to Steven for his defense.

Default I was torn, so I voted

for Elias Bouldin and Matt Harris. There was NO question we'd have had our clocks cleaned without them this night.

Instead we took a hard lesson from a very, very scrappy, well coached team and emerged with a win from the gut.

We also unveiled a new, tall version of a starting five that really looked good when it counted in this game. great adjustment for the mismatches they presented.

Go TEAM Zags !
    Last edited by gamagin; 12-03-2009 at 11:19 AM.