Thread: New Look Coming to the MAC? New Scorer's Tables

Default New Look Coming to the MAC? New Scorer's Tables

Will fans notice this on Saturday?
    Gonzaga University to Add Daktronics Popular Digital Scorer's Tables in Basketball Arena

Gonzaga University in Spokane, Wash., and IMG College recently announced they chose Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq-DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., to design, manufacture and deliver new light emitting diode (LED) scorer’s tables in the McCarthey Athletic Center, home of Bulldog basketball.

Sixty-eight feet of new LED scorer’s tables will line the court for the Zags home opener on Nov. 14. Six of the tables measure approximately three feet high by 10 feet wide, with one of the tables measuring only eight feet wide. Each of the scorer’s tables incorporates Daktronics 10mm LED video technology.

Daktronics LED scorer’s tables recognize student-athletes by showing high resolution headshots and other quality images. They also offer a high level of flexibility in advertising and display graphics and messages, and are able to show real-time statistical information.

“From past experience with Daktronics, we know they are a quality company who supplies state-of-the-art technology for facilities such as ours,” Joel Morgan, the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities, said. “We look forward to the addition of the scorer’s tables to the center, knowing that this technology will allow us to integrate with our other Daktronics products and further enhance the experience for the fans and the corporate partners.”

Daktronics and Gonzaga have a long relationship, with equipment installed in the McCarthey Athletic Center, including basketball scoreboards, shot clocks, a LED video display measuring approximately nine feet high by 12 feet wide and a ribbon display measuring approximately three feet high by over 100 feet wide.

Gonzaga University also has Daktronics equipment at Patterson Baseball Complex, Washington Trust Field and on the new soccer complex.

Other schools represented by IMG College, a premier college marketing, licensing and media company, also have Daktronics scorer’s tables installed at their facilities. These include the University of Connecticut, the University of Florida, the University of Kansas, the University of Kentucky, the University of Tennessee and the University of Texas.

I noticed them against Alberta. They look REALLY good. I loved the way the player profile looked after a player scored.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I wonder if they were there at Kraziness and I was so busy trying to figure out who was who on the floor I didn't notice ....

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    I noticed them against Alberta. They look REALLY good. I loved the way the player profile looked after a player scored.
    Never having been to a "game" in the Kennel before last month's KiK, I assumed the video system had been there from the beginning and thought, "wow, this place is a lot cooler in person and more big time than what you see on TV."

They were in at the Kraziness--looked awsome!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Very nice, but....

I presume the same old Kennel layout will be in play again this year. It is downright sinful that the main game cameras are not opposite the student section. It has been observed again and again what a great recruiting tool it would be to have the GU student section consistently in full view during the game. As I recall, MSU does have it's student section across the floor from the cameras and it provides a great visual effect for those watching the game on TV, you might wish to take note of this next Tuesday. This is doable in the Kennel and I just don't get the seeming indifference from the school administration.

Default Benches

I think the cameras point away from the Kennel Club because they want to be facing the GU and visitor's bench. Also, I think it is undesirable for the administration to have the Kennel Club right behind the benches. This would also push the KC up a few rows, as a few rows behind the benches are typically reserved.

More diodes! I live for diodes. I actually get paid in Republic Diodes.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    More diodes! I live for diodes. I actually get paid in Republic Diodes.
    Republic diodes? Republic diodes are no good out here. I need something more real.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Quote Originally Posted by a13coach View Post
    Republic diodes? Republic diodes are no good out here. I need something more real.
    I've come across a pod racer in a game of chance. Fastest ever built.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagnut View Post
    I think the cameras point away from the Kennel Club because they want to be facing the GU and visitor's bench. Also, I think it is undesirable for the administration to have the Kennel Club right behind the benches. This would also push the KC up a few rows, as a few rows behind the benches are typically reserved.
    You are very right Gonzagnut. Media insists to have cameras facing the bench, plus it's against WCC rules to put your student section behind the visitor's bench.

yeah I saw those at the Alberta game and thought how cool they looked. really increases the elite-ness of the facility.

As for not having the Kennel Club on camera, like they do at Duke, I have a feeling it might have something to do with the university administration being a little wary of what could happen in the student section on live television. imagine how much bigger of a problem this would have been if it had been on live TV.

Assistant AD Joel Morgan is the best. He has done a great job at the MAC.