• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianZagFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jul 2008

Gonzaga ranked 10th best back court Nbadraft.net

They ranked the top 12 back courts and the Zags were 10th. They mentioned that Bouldin and Gray will start...I guess in a 3 guard set with Goodson.
  • HOOTER
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Funny that Meech gets no mention at all. He's going to be a crucial part of this teams success, IMO. Still, good to see the backcourt getting some well deserved love.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

Gotta wonder about how much homework they did for this piece...it lists Justin Dentmon as a member of UW's backcourt...
      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

That #1 backcourt concerns me. Sparty's guards will really test the Zag's guards. It'll be interesting. I can't begin to stress how much the Texas scrimmage could help in this regard.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I am less concerned about our guards then I am of our "bigs." We have a lot of experience in the backcourt, and a #10 ranking for our backcourt says a lot about the strength of the Zags this year. I think our guards will match up just fine against Lucus and Suimmers for Michigan St. We know that Meech is a great defender, and I felt he did a pretty decent job against Ty Lawson last year who was clearly the best point guard in America last year, imo. Lucus' strength is his speed, and so is Meech's. And when Meech rests GJ will provide equal speed. I think that Gray will match up well with the 6'4" 205 lbs Summers. Steven is a better defender than some may think. I am way more excited to see how good our guards do against Mich St than I am concerned.

Fortunately for the Zags Mich St. will have a void to fill at center and will be inexperienced there. If we can rebound with Mich St., we will be in the game I think.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
          X