Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Search party for missing FOOsters...

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    In a weird (but necessary) stroke of stupidity, I (formerly GA) requested LZIF to delete forever the GA account.

That was like, 10 years ago or so I think.

I do wish I still had that profile-created date + the post count.
    There was a time when it was all about post count! Padding to the walls!
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    In a weird (but necessary) stroke of stupidity, I (formerly GA) requested LZIF to delete forever the GA account.

That was like, 10 years ago or so I think.

I do wish I still had that profile-created date + the post count.
    Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    There was a time when it was all about post count! Padding to the walls!
    The padding was insane…

Irish and Rub were pretty prolific

Ran across this from about a month ago. Sorry if I missed this news elsewhere on the site...I saw some people were asking.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=31202406

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggin' it View Post
    Ran across this from about a month ago. Sorry if I missed this news elsewhere on the site...I saw some people were asking.

God bless and godspeed ZaGranny... RIP
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Thank you for sharing that. She will be greatly missed.
    Bring back the OCC

I definitely thank you for posting this. She was a fixture here and at Zag games. She always had to make sure any visiting forum member made a trip to her seat. I remember meeting up with her at half time of a game several years ago. She was easy to find with her bright red Zags sweatshirt and her pigtails!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Condolences for her friends and family.
    I’ve occasionally wondered how often this happens to posters who stop posting.
    Concerned about a few others.

This makes me really sad. Years ago I posted that I was going to be at a game. She sent me a pm to meet her at her seat. I didn't see it until after the game. I missed my chance to meet her in person. She was often a voice of reason on the board. I also enjoyed pictures of her log cabin remodel and her road trip posts. She will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    This makes me really sad. Years ago I posted that I was going to be at a game. She sent me a pm to meet her at her seat. I didn't see it until after the game. I missed my chance to meet her in person. She was often a voice of reason on the board. I also enjoyed pictures of her log cabin remodel and her road trip posts. She will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Met up with her twice. Sweetest lady on the planet. Sad to hear and will definitely be missed. She was a calming presence on the board.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Met up with her twice. Sweetest lady on the planet. Sad to hear and will definitely be missed. She was a calming presence on the board.
    Shared one of those meet-ups with you at the WCC tourney. We met for breakfast. Wonderful person. Full of optimism. May she RIP.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Ugh. I’m at a loss for words. I always hope that if someone is missing they will return or be found again. It’s a true loss for GUBoards. May she Rest In Peace and giggle at all our Foo-ness for eternity.
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

I saw her at a pregame event for a battle in seattle. I thought about going up and saying hi to her, but felt weird saying hi this is gu03alum from the boards. I regretted not saying hi at the time and I really regret it now.
    Bring back the OCC

Hello Everyone. It's been a while.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Terribly sad news about ZagGranny.

She was definitely the grandmother of the board, especially at its height of fun and engagement.

Those that know Nate better than I, please keep this thread updated with any info you have. I’m very concerned and am praying for him fervently.

Welcome back JL!

Quote Originally Posted by JLGutrocks View Post
    Hello Everyone. It's been a while.
    Hey! It’s been a minute. Welcome back.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Add me to the list. My posts are thanked and allowed by one mod, and then deleted by another. There's no sense in continuing. Not wasting my time at the keyboard any longer when all factual exposition is summarily deleted without any explanation. I said I was done if this continues. My covid posts have been only to inform, to keep my friends here safe, and to hopefully save a life or two. I've done that for nearly two years now. Apparently that's too much for some. The heroes of the pandemic are now the shunned because so many can't handle reality. I'm done. I know of multiple board members who are now dead, recovering, or slowly dying in intensive care due to this pandemic. It's tragic, but apparently this is not the place to talk about our own members' suffering. Good luck everybody, here's my exit.

This is my last post. I feel sorry for those that are a casualty of their beliefs. To my detractors, please continue advocating against the vaccines, masking, or other interventions, and please do practice what you preach. And lick a few doorknobs while you're at it. It's all a hoax, so you'll be fiiiiiine! The armchair analysts will be undoubtedly happy I'm not around anymore.

This will probably get deleted too.

Thanks for all the memories, and thanks to all the good friends I've encountered over the years here.

=cad=

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Add me to the list. My posts are thanked and allowed by one mod, and then deleted by another. There's no sense in continuing. Not wasting my time at the keyboard any longer when all factual exposition is summarily deleted without any explanation. I said I was done if this continues. My covid posts have been only to inform, to keep my friends here safe, and to hopefully save a life or two. I've done that for nearly two years now. Apparently that's too much for some. The heroes of the pandemic are now the shunned because so many can't handle reality. I'm done. I know of multiple board members who are now dead, recovering, or slowly dying in intensive care due to this pandemic. It's tragic, but apparently this is not the place to talk about our own members' suffering. Good luck everybody, here's my exit.

This is my last post. I feel sorry for those that are a casualty of their beliefs. To my detractors, please continue advocating against the vaccines, masking, or other interventions, and please do practice what you preach. And lick a few doorknobs while you're at it. It's all a hoax, so you'll be fiiiiiine! The armchair analysts will be undoubtedly happy I'm not around anymore.

Thanks for all the memories, and thanks to all the good friends I've encountered over the years here.

=cad=
    I'm sorry to read this. I always like your posts.

It really is sad that a pandemic has become a political issue and divided us. I thought it had a chance of uniting our country in the fight of a common enemy.
    Bring back the OCC

Sorry to see cad depart. . .

Fact has become opinion and opinion has become fact. Crazy times.

Take a hiatus Cad and check back in. Your intelligence is needed on here.

=cad=
    Please reconsider Caduceus. Don't let a small handful of people (a few posters and one ignorant moderator) defeat you.

All of your posts are of the highest quality. I really like a lot of your gifs.

Perhaps a vacation from the board will allow you to regain some peace.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.

=cad=
    Cad, please realize that we mods are walking a tightrope trying to keep the forum civil. We want to try to focus on Gonzaga basketball and our fandom, things that are agreed on. We want to build the community on that and let people try, through getting to know each other through our common love oft the Zags, to knit the community tighter. We mods are really trying to keep the community together. There are too many other influences in our society that intend to drive us apart. We don't want to fall victim to those agendas.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

=cad=

As a lurker and someone who is seldom interested in posting anymore, this post got me fired up and made me want to reply right away.

I'm glad I didn't as my instinct was to post something very different than the other replies.

In the spirit of Christmas and especially inspired by WooHoo's recovery I wish you well Cad and I send my love and Christmas greetings to you and everyone else.

God Bless.

Cad... please check your PMs

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Cad... please check your PMs
    OK, having been further informed (thanks LIZF), I now realize there was a misunderstanding that led me to flee the board. Now I'm...un-fleeing? Santa told me I was going to get a lump of coal if I didn't reconsider and count my blessings.

It's all good...I'm back. A moment of just a bit too much frustration. My BP is back to normal.

Thanks for all the encouragement, advice, and support, both publicly and privately. It's nice to feel appreciated and know those that took the time and effort to reach out.

Carry on...FOOsters and beyond.

Happy Holidays with Peace, safety, and many blessings.

=cad=

OK, having been further informed (thanks LIZF), I now realize there was a misunderstanding that led me to flee the board. Now I'm...un-fleeing? Santa told me I was going to get a lump of coal if I didn't reconsider and count my blessings.

It's all good...I'm back. A moment of just a bit too much frustration. My BP is back to normal.

Thanks for all the encouragement, advice, and support, both publicly and privately. It's nice to feel appreciated and know those that took the time and effort to reach out.

Carry on...FOOsters and beyond.

Happy Holidays with Peace, safety, and many blessings.

=cad=

Christmas came early !! Glad you'll continue your contributions.