Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraziness in the Kennel!!!

Default Kraziness in the Kennel!!!

Does anyone know if it's going to be televised on ESPNU like last year??

man that pisses me off. surely they'll switch off between GU and UW, cause they'll both be high-profile teams for a while and of course they're both in WA state, right??

Default Kraziness in the Kennel Info!

Kraziness in the Kennel will be taking place on Saturday October 24th at 5pm. As always it is open to the general public and all seating is on a first come first serve basis.

GO ZAGS!
    -A 4 Zag

Default Awwwww Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it begins. Here's some bunnies, anyone working on an 8.2 version?
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Can't wait. It's totally worth standing out in the cold for 3 hours! Thanks for the heads up.

could it be because our midnight madness is a week later than all the other school's? were we originally not scheduled to have one this year, and then made a late decision to make it fall family weekend? its a little bit of a stab to the heart to see the huskies picked up the coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by HOOTER View Post
    Can't wait. It's totally worth standing out in the cold for 3 hours! Thanks for the heads up.
    I got there last year right before game time and got pretty decent seats. At least they were a lot better than the ones I get during the season.

Default Official Release

Basketball fans will get their first look at the 2010 Gonzaga University men’s basketball team when Kraziness in the Kennel presented by Pizza Hut returns to the McCarthey Athletic Center Oct. 24.

The event is part of Fall Family Weekend on the Gonzaga campus and is free to the public. The festivities start at 5 p.m. The doors open at 4 p.m. and seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The Bulldog cheerleaders, dance team, band and Bomb Squad will perform, and one student and one fan will each have a chance to win $10,000 compliments of Pizza Hut. Other special surprises will also be offered by Pizza Hut. One of the highlights will be the delivery of the EA Sports Maui Invitational surfboard to the Bulldogs. The surfboard is traditionally presented to each of the participating teams in Maui, but for the first time the surfboards are being delivered to the campuses of the eight competing teams. The Bulldogs will make their third appearance in the event Nov. 23-25.

DVD copies of the “Decade of Excellence” highlighting Gonzaga’s recent string of NCAA Tournament appearances will also be available for sale at the event. The 100-minute chronicle of Gonzaga’s rise to excellence was produced and narrated by Greg Heister, the KHQ/FSN television voice of the Bulldogs, in conjunction with KHQ-TV and IMG College, Gonzaga’s multi-media rights holder.

Fans will have their first look at seven newcomers on this year’s Bulldogs in the planned scrimmage. Returnees Matt Bouldin, Steven Gray, Demetri Goodson and Robert Sacre form the nucleus of a solid group of letterwinners. The Bulldogs open the season Nov. 2 second with an exhibition against the University of Alberta of Edmonton, Canada, then open the regular season at home Nov. 14 against Mississippi Valley State University. The Bulldogs will play two more games – including at 2009 NCAA runner-up Michigan State University – prior to heading to Maui for the Nov. 23-25 showcase event.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I got there last year right before game time and got pretty decent seats. At least they were a lot better than the ones I get during the season.
    True. I've noticed there are usually good seats available for quite a while after the doors open. Call me crazy but I enjoy the whole experience of standing in line, BS'ing with other Zag fans and meeting the players as they walk by. It's the only chance I'll get to watch the Zags in McCarthey so I make the most of it.

Default I'm confused

Ok, so what about "Midnight Madness" that is supposed to be their first practice on Oct 16 at 7:00p.m.? Is that open to the public? Or is it just this practice on the 24th or both? If someone could tell me for absolute certain which one or both are open to the public, that would be great! It's about the only chance I get to see them all year except for the game in the arena, so I look forward to it.

So give me a recommendation on this.

If I were to make the 2 1/2 hour drive from the Tri Cities, would you suggest that I would need to "camp out" in line for about 3-4 hours? Longer?

I wouldn't have a problem pulling out the lawn chair and sending my wife and daughter out in the town to see a movie or something.

Any suggestions?
    I miss Mike Hart

Mick:

Check out last year's thread on the KIK; I seem to recall folks were able to get in without camping out for 3-4 hours. . .

Last year's thread
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-08-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Found It !

Depending on how close you want to be to the floor will depict how early you want to show up.

Normally doesn't fill up--but it is not normally parents weekend either.

Great event --get an autograph or two and spend some quality time with the Zag family!

Maybe I'll wear a big hat with "MickMick" on it so I can meet some the posters here

Nahhh nevermind
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    So give me a recommendation on this.

If I were to make the 2 1/2 hour drive from the Tri Cities, would you suggest that I would need to "camp out" in line for about 3-4 hours? Longer?

I wouldn't have a problem pulling out the lawn chair and sending my wife and daughter out in the town to see a movie or something.

Any suggestions?
    I've driven across the state from Seattle to see Kraziness the past few years and, because of when we are able to leave, haven't gotten to Spokane until about 4-4:30 in the past. We were still able to get good seats - the 2 years we got there at 4, my wife and I got to sit 5 or 6 rows up from the court, which was really cool. Even if you get there at 5, you should still get a seat, I'd imagine. Even last year, the place wasn't totally full and I imagine this season, with considerably less hype, it will be even less full.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Ok, so what about "Midnight Madness" that is supposed to be their first practice on Oct 16 at 7:00p.m.? Is that open to the public? Or is it just this practice on the 24th or both? If someone could tell me for absolute certain which one or both are open to the public, that would be great! It's about the only chance I get to see them all year except for the game in the arena, so I look forward to it.
    I too am wondering if the Oct 16th practice is open to the public. I'll be in town from the Bay Area that weekend visiting the family and I would really like to see the Zags in their native environs for once (i.e. not War Memorial Gym)....

Cheers!

I doubt that the practice on the 16th is open to the public, but i'm not sure on that.
    March Madness: Another reason not to work

I took my kids and didn't get there until 4:20 and we were behind the bucket but still a great view. The boys were able to get autographs and all the other goodies. So getting there too early isn't necessary.

Default GU Fans Are Fortunate

A friend whose daughter is a student at Kentucky said that his daughter and her friends camped out for two days last week just to be able to pick up 2 free tickets (each) to Big Blue Madness which happens on Oct. 16th. The fact that GU fans can just walk up and see the team at an open practice is very fortunate indeed.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thanks to all that responded about arrival time. I'll still get there an hour early...just in case.

Now the wife is talking about getting to Spokane early to spend the afternoon. Any suggestions on where we can take an 11 year old girl?
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by d2zag View Post
    man that pisses me off. surely they'll switch off between GU and UW, cause they'll both be high-profile teams for a while and of course they're both in WA state, right??
    GU isn't listed as one of the covered sites, so probably not.

I've gone to the last two with my 3 boys. They love it and can't wait to do it again this year. Last year as an added bonus they put 'Midnight Madness' hand towels on each of the seats. My boys stood in line and got them autographed by each of the players. (Of course I 'borrowed' one and it is hanging on my wall at work).

There is no need to get there too early. We usually get there about 30 minutes early and that was plenty of time to get the seats right above the students.

Side note - I wonder if Will Foster will be the leading man in the 'Pargo Dance' this year?

Unfortunately won't be able to make it this year, a friend (and GU Grad, nonetheless) is getting married on that same date north of Seattle.....perhaps I'll just have to have a few too many drinks at the reception to exact my revenge
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I won't make it this year, either. I'm attending the Georgia Tech @ UVA football game. The AD gave my cousin and me his tickets! Still, I'd trade them gladly to be able to be in K2 if I were going to be on the West Coast. We stood in line for about an hour. We were able to see many of the players come by the line and sign autographs. A radio station was set up next to the line and interviewed Sorenson and Chris P. Everyone in line was having a great time. I talked to Matt B. Saw BobZag. Fun time.
    Oregon Zag