X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

Rubaddub (rest his soul...wherever it may be) told me once that he will defecate into a toilet, and then not flush it for the entire basketball game. Every timeout or pause in play, he will go into the bathroom to breathe the smell of hard work and persperation.

Odd...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• mnzag24
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
      Rubaddub (rest his soul...wherever it may be) told me once that he will defecate into a toilet, and then not flush it for the entire basketball game. Every timeout or pause in play, he will go into the bathroom to breathe the smell of hard work and persperation.

Odd...
      this might be the greatest thing i've ever heard.

i just stick to lots of beer, and Early Times whiskey for the big games

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

I am superstitious about betting on them. When I first moved to Nevada, I laid a few bucks on them and cashed a few tickets. Nothing to really get worked up about, and no compelling need to go out of my way to visit the Sports Book either. From time to time, in the intervening years if I happened to be in the right place at the right time, I made a casual wager and as before won a few, lost a few.

The next to last time I wagered on the Zags was against Wyoming, Round one of the NCAA tourney ( Dickau's senior year ? )

The very last time I wagered on the Zags was Yew See El Lay .

So, I don't bet 'em any more. Clearly, I bring them bad karma.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• TheZagPhish
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

1. The beverage must be an excellent craft beer. Or world class martini.
          2. I should not be on an airplane or in an airport boardroom. (I've got guilt here.)
          3. It's gotta be the ultra-faded gray T. No matter how else goes the gameday ensemble, gray T is on.
          4. If I absolutely have to watch from a hotel room, I call MoJoZag to share in realtime ref bashing. I think this helps... in a most infinitesimal and obscure way, naturally.
          Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• Tmac5360
            Kennel Club Material
            • Oct 2007

I don't have any pregame superstitions. But if things don't start well I will change tv's that I am viewing on and can not go back. If I start on the smaller (non hdtv) upstairs and the zags are doing well. I watch the entire thing there.
            As for the UCLA game I cried like a second grader who just peed his pants on the playground!!

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

When I was 12-15, I used to do some crazy stuff during a Seahawks game, chanting the same phrase over and over before a play started (watching the game alone of course), but now I've only got one little superstition for a Zags game. I've got a jacket with a zipper down the front that's got a giant Bulldog logo which is cut in half if the zipper is down. So if I'm wearing the jacket that day for the game it must be zipped up no matter how hot and sweaty I get. Sorry, I can't top the crap in the toilet bit.
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• pbriz
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by dnj116 View Post
                NEVER EVER EVER watch a tournament game while at a ski hill...3 years running I watched our team lose while at a bar on a ski hill. I stay in the confines of a town or city bar for March.
                so true.
                It's F4 or bust.

Comment

• NorthwestsFinest
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009

I don't have any real superstitions, But I WILL move from where I am watching a game if it isn't going well. last year against Akron, I had to move away from the High Def Plasma, and move to a 25 inch 90's Sanyo.. But they dominiated while I watched on the Sanyo.. So I stayed.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

I get on the floor, on my knees, wringing my hands, and donate exhortations to the players and refs

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

I agree with the drinking beer part, but almost always at home...no dui. I also start the drinking early. In April.
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• DoggieDogpound
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

woohoo

Rumor has it that woohoo pinches his nipple whenever a Zag is shooting a free throw, to help coax the ball in. Not sure if he alternates nipples or whether it depends on if it is a left or right handed shooter.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching"
                        Yogi Berra

Comment

• JohnOGU
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2008

I'm glad that we all share a mutual love for boozing before/during/after (especially after a loss) the game. GO ZAGS!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                            Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DoggieDogpound View Post
                            Rumor has it that woohoo pinches his nipple whenever a Zag is shooting a free throw, to help coax the ball in. Not sure if he alternates nipples or whether it depends on if it is a left or right handed shooter.
                            I do switch nipples...especially after Raivio and then Daye's freshmen seasons...the ole nips would get quite raw cuz those guys never missed. Here I thought I was helping them...turns out they were just good freethrow shooters...
                            Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• zagamatic
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2009

I have a hat thing

Of course, I always wear one of my many Zags shirts, but never the white or black ones anymore. (never won when I've worn one of those) But when I think we need to have a change of tempo or get out of a shooting slump, I turn my hat to either the back or front and slap the ground like I'm digging in for defense. Oh, and I will not watch at someone else's house who's not into the Zags. It tends to go better when I can just stay home and YELL loudly! I am SO looking forward to doing that some more.

Comment

• Das Zagger
                                Bleeds GU Blue
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                                I am superstitious about betting on them. When I first moved to Nevada, I laid a few bucks on them and cashed a few tickets. Nothing to really get worked up about, and no compelling need to go out of my way to visit the Sports Book either. From time to time, in the intervening years if I happened to be in the right place at the right time, I made a casual wager and as before won a few, lost a few.

The next to last time I wagered on the Zags was against Wyoming, Round one of the NCAA tourney ( Dickau's senior year ? )

The very last time I wagered on the Zags was Yew See El Lay .

So, I don't bet 'em any more. Clearly, I bring them bad karma.
                                Not to tear open old wounds but they had to have covered that game.

Glass half full?

Comment

Working...
                                X