Thread: Irish vs Huskies was a great game.

Default Irish vs Huskies was a great game.

Clausson & Locke each put on a show that kept me on my feet and out of my seat the entire game.Washingtons runners , especially the Polk kid were just plain nasty and that #9 Tight end of Notre Dames will be playing on Sundays for sure, hes only a freshman too. And Golden Tate ain't chopped liver either. Defensively that freshman defensive back #6, of the Huskies, is going to be awsome and if I were going to name Notre Dames player of the game, it would have to be #28, Kyle McCarthy, that boy is is throwback to the old Notre Dame teams, for a safety he flat hits some folks! Both Teams can be proud of this game. The Huskies have served notice on the PAC-10, that there's a new Sheriff in town, and for the first time in years, I think the Irish actually did "win one for the Gipper"!. My Pastor as a kid , the Rev. Fr. Joseph P. McKernan , Notre Dame, Class of 1918, would have anounced from the pulpit ; "Once again the boyo's wearing our Lady's Blue have turned back the pagan hordes from the Godless West Coast who have dared set foot on Irish soil!" I'm afraid Fr. Mac actually thought than any Catholic boy who played football and and did'nt want to wear the Blue & Gold should be ex-communicated, or at the very least turned over the Jesuits for remedial
    Catechism.! I'm that way about Zag Basketball though!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

That was an awesome game. We started out flipping channels between ND and Penn State on another channel, but we watched the entire last half of ND (thanks to me hiding the remote control!). ND's goal line stands were just amazing! BTW, I love "Rudy" such a great sports movie. I wish they'd have had the Knute statue up last month when we stopped in South Bend (we did get to see their band playing the fight song though so that was pretty cool)!

great game until Huskies got jobed. Only goal line camera angle available was 3 yards into the endzone. If you understand how optics work you realize this is unacceptable. Here is a link to a website showing you why.

http://www.950kjr.com/pages/mitch_in...ning_page.html

Not saying that the touchdown reversal was the only reason the Huskies lost the game. But it always makes me mad when a great game is ruined but horrible officiating.

Actually, it was not a reversal, as no official signaled a score. But, you're right, it was darn close. Anothr thing with Clausson& Locke throwing to the receivers each had, I thought it would come down to a matter of who had the ball last, which is luck in a way also.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

I beg to differ it was ruled a touchdown and it was overturned. The official even said the ruling on the field was overturned and the ball will be placed at the one yard line. Every article I have read today also says the touchdown was overturned. The only people saying it was never called a touchdown are Notre Dame fans. The only reason they are saying this is because the rule book says there has to be indisputable evidence to overturn a call on the field. The evidence clearly was not indisputable so it should have been a touchdown. Doesn't really matter it was another great game ruined by horrible officiating. You would think with instant replay they would be able to get it right.

I actually agree that Washington's TD shouldn't have been taken away. I was going to ask about that in my above post but erased it since I couldn't find a replay online (to either confirm or deny what I remembered). It seems like this year has been really bad with blown calls for a few teams.

Default Lucky to attend in person

I was lucky enough to visit ND this past weekend with my 16 year old son to do an admissions visit and see the game. It was our first visit and was a real thrill. Now he just has to get admitted and come up with 50k a year to pay for tuition, room and board.

As for the game, it was sloppy but exciting to watch. The Huskies could never quite take control and ND never could get the Husky offense stopped until the later stages. The Polk non-touchdown occurred in the end zone believed to be haunted by Knute Rockne. Many are saying that both Clausen and Locker will be Heisman candidates next year.

We were entertained throughout the game by 2 ND fans behind us keeping up a constant litany of why Charlie Weis stinks. His use of the Wildcat formation on 3 occasions (for loss of yardage) was thought by them to be a demonstration of showing off what an offensive genius he is.

If you ever get a chance to go see a game there, it is one of the great places in America to see a college game. The atmosphere is really something special.