Thread: What about Brock?

Default What about Brock?

I wonder what might have been, if Brock Osweiler hadn't changed his mind and fulfilled his commitment to GU. Does anyone know who got his spot?
    Looks like the Sun Devils may use him sooner than later.

http://phoenix.fanster.com/sundevils...win-in-athens/

Danny Sullivan doesn’t appear to be a playmaker. Let’s compare him with freshman signal caller Brock Osweiler.

Which QB has the stronger arm? Osweiler. Which QB has the more accurate arm? Osweiler. Which QB is more mobile and able to make plays with his legs? Osweiler. Which QB is older and more experienced? Sullivan.

I like Danny Sullivan, and I think he’ a nice insurance policy for a young quarterback who’s bound to experience growing pains during the rigors of Pac-10 play. I just don’t think patience and experience should determine which quarterback is going to play on Saturdays. Talent should win out. Osweiler’s redshirt season is already burned–might as well play him.

Dower got his spot, possibly Olynyk. One of the two. Both will be great Zags in the future.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I think the real question is Whom would you rather have coach you as a college athlete, or coach your son as a college athlete.
    Dennis Erickson?
    Or
    Mark Few?

NOPE..the basic question is what sport do you want to play. Obviously Brock's good at both. Wish we could have had him but the best thing happens. Most would question a 6 ft 8 kid with exposed knees as a potential damage zone playing QB in the Pac X. But he decided on football. We got Sam, etc to take his place. We did very well. Hope Brock does too.

I hope Brock goes to the NFL and is a success. He needs to rehabilitate the repuation of Montana QBs in the NFL.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I hope Brock goes to the NFL and is a success. He needs to rehabilitate the repuation of Montana QBs in the NFL.
    Help me out Kitz...how many Montana QBs are/were in the NFL?

BTW, the Montana QB named Joe was pretty successful.

But one named Ryan left a little to be desired

So far, Dennis Erickson is burning Brock's redshirt year with mop up duty against Idaho State and La-Monroe. He did not play against UGA.

Default ASU Basketball

With ASU post season play out of the question, there is talk that Brock will be ready Monday, Nov 30th for Basketball practice. Gifford Neilson, BYU and NFL 11 years, would tell Brock that playing basketball his freshman and sophomore years at BYU was invaluable for his Football Agility, Mobility, Quickness, and overall Athleticism.

He looks really tall on a football field. Every time Osweiler got in the game I had flashbacks of Dan McGuire. Actually they were more like nightmares. If ASU losses a few more games I would bet money on Osweiler starting.

Quote Originally Posted by mtzaga View Post
    So far, Dennis Erickson is burning Brock's redshirt year with mop up duty against Idaho State and La-Monroe. He did not play against UGA.
    As best I can tell, though, he is the backup quarterback, a pretty important spot on any team, especially for a true freshman.