• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by a13coach View Post
    That be Prof. Gilmore.
    A13 which do you prefer. We'll have to go with mrs. A13 and mrs. Alum before the wake forest game.
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• TheBeast
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagineer View Post
      The last time I went into The Bulldog (about 2 years ago) they didn't even have any Polish Sausgage to sell! So now, it's Joey's... errr.... Jack & Dan's.
      Judging from my most recent visits, I would have to say the food is of a much higher quality than it was about 7 years ago when I was a senior. Which is definitely saying something.
      I wear a helmet while internetting.
      sigpic

Comment

• ZAGLAWQB
        Kennel Club Material
        • Oct 2009

from Mid-seventies Law alum: Bulldog Thursday nights were packed, J&Ds was a little more "local", as was the Biker place 1 block north. Restaurant/bar
        north across parking lot was older mix. Bulldog seemed to attract nursing students and older female Zag undergrads. We won intramural Basketball 3 years in a row and will never forget player/now prominent Spokane attorney putting celebratory cigar in his mouth...wrong end first! Tongued burned so badly he drained 1/2 a pitcher trying to get relief. Hope current kids are having as much fun as we remember.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Does said prominent attorney also win Spokane City golf championships ?
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I was a Bulldog aficionado. During my senior year, I think my evening meal most nights was a pitcher of Lucky and a few bowls of popcorn. I credit that "diet" with allowing me to survive four years in Germany.

Of course, I was able to afford a stromboli the first week of the month...or a Student Stuffer at Paky's.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

From December 1978, GU Bulletin advertisement:

19.5 ounces of the finest wine known to man. . .for only a BUCK !?!

It boggles the mind. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GoZags
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

I clearly remember when they upped the price from $1 pitchers to $1.50 pitchers. I remember thinking "Ouch!!!"
                sigpic
                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                ——-
                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• mtzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

19.5 ounces of the finest wine known to man. . .for only a BUCK !?!

It boggles the mind. . .

That $1.00 wine brought in a lot of women!

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

A lot of women willing to drink a lot of really cheap wine. . .

Comment

• TheBeast
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

!!!
                      I wear a helmet while internetting.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Birddog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I was in Jack and Dan's (Joey's) Friday last week. Stayed for 6.5 hours and didn't get tossed. Probably a personal record, but then I had good handlers.
                        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                        All mimsy were the borogoves,
                        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                          Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                          • Feb 2007

A lot of women willing to drink a lot of really cheap wine. . .
                          You say that like it's a bad thing...
                          You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                            I was in Jack and Dan's (Joey's) Friday last week. Stayed for 6.5 hours and didn't get tossed. Probably a personal record, but then I had good handlers.
                            6.5 hours? Sounds like you may have been employing the Hondo-patented "stick your thumb over the top of the Jagermeister bottle before you chug" technique. I've seen it in action, it's damn effective.
                            You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Birddog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Nope, no Hondo move for me. It was Reunion/Parents weekend. We signed up at the Alumni house around 3PM. As JHoop and I were leaving to meet another alum at Joey's/J&D's, I hollered out "pre-function" and three people turned around and asked if that's where we were headed. I said "of course" and and at about 3:30 we had a table of 6 getting primed for our official start at 5:30. Jack and Dan's was the venue assigned to the class of 69 much to the chagrin of the class of 84 (Stockton's class) that was assigned to the Bulldog.

The "official" Social was scheduled for 5:30 to 7:30, and I figured it was a "no host" bar deal. Wrongo, Bob Finn and the Alumni office had an open tab for beer (pitchers) and wine, and it stayed that way till 1:00 Am when we left. I did have one fried cheese stick and a cup of coffee midway through the action. It was a great event, talked with Jack of J&D and renewed many old acquaintances. As other reunion venues closed down, many headed to Jack and Dans for a nightcap. Our particular area was located in what used to be the Pharmacy, just about exactly where Bill Stephens used to stand when filling prescriptions, pretty appropriate if you think about it.

Between the Alumni functions and JHoops scheduling of other activities, it was a perfect long weekend, and the pre function/social was a good warm up for the next day's "Kennel Kaper" where JHoop and I ran into ICANCAGIN and another prominent Spokane Barrister.
                              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                              All mimsy were the borogoves,
                              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                              X