Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ichiro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    ichiro is a HOF'r no doubt. best hitter to play the game, hes so consistent.
    Kiddwell's almost afraid to ask what "HOF'r" means. (If required, how 'bout the G-rated definition?)

:]

lol, im polite this time. HOF'er: hall of famer

D'oh!

its ok kidd, i wanted to say HALL OF FAMER in this post anyway.

I have said it before I am not a huge Ichiro fan. Ichiro getting ejected was pretty lame. All he did was draw a line in the dirt with his bat. It's not like he went all Lou Piniella. I kind of wish he would have.

Default Ichiro the phenom...

Ichiro does it again! From the Tacoma New Tribune:
    Ichiro won’t win the batting title this season or score 100 runs, but he’s added another of those shake-your-head marks to his considerable résumé.

When he led off the Seattle Mariners’ first inning Thursday with an infield single, he went where no one in baseball history had gone before. The hit was his 220th, and he added No. 221 a little later.

No player in big-league history had ever had five seasons in which he had at least 220 hits until Ichiro did it with that single.

Two players – Rogers Hornsby and Jesse Burkett, who made his run in the late 1890s – had at least 220 hits in a year four times.

Seven others – Bill Terry, Chuck Klein, George Sisler, Joe Medwick, Lloyd Waner, Stan Musial and Ty Cobb – had done it in three different seasons.

Why publish such a long list of names? Each of those players is in the Hall of Fame.

Ichiro seems destined to join them in due time.

The man can play.