Thread: Pargo's Blog

Default Pargo's Blog

It looks like Jeremy is going to be blogging during his time in Israel: http://pargo2israel.blogspot.com/

Default Nice find, MB

thanks !

I love Pargo. He's one of my favorite Zags, because of his determination and spirit, but I gotta call him out here - he graduated from the University of Gonzaga? Really? Dude, Pargo, you have to say the name right after you get your degree, too. *sigh*

Haha, yeah, I saw that, too, but I figured I'd let it slide considering all he's done on and off the court.

Wow that is just wrong, plus does every word have to be capitalized? Come on now.

Default Someone help him, please.

With all due respect to Jeremy, would one of his friends please suggest to him that he change his blog to state the CORRECT name of the school for which he played basketball for 4 years?

That is just embarrassing.

You know, overall, it's the content of the message that counts, not how it's written. And I've always been a fan of Mr. Pargo. BUT, that having been said, I find the spelling, capitalization, and so forth used by a Gonzaga grad so disappointing, but not surprising. As one involved for years in the newspaper business, one of my responsibilities was hiring reporters and ad designers. I would give them a questionnaire they would have to answer in longhand writing. Nine out of 10 times, these journalism or English major college grads would misspell words, and on the English basics test, forget it. I know spellcheck and computers is part of it, but c'mon. When I was at GU, one wrong spelled word or poor use of the English language could knock down a grade a full point. And I know one can't judge an entire institution from what one person does or doesn't do. But has it all changed that much? In any case, still love GU. Just disappointing. Go Zags!

Give me a break you guys. It's a blog. If he doesn't know that the school is called Gonzaga University then he's an idiot, I don't think idiots graduate from Gonzaga University. Also, it's a blog and he's entitled to write however he wants on there.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    ...it's a blog and he's entitled to write however he wants on there.
    Agreed, we all have our way...

Seems to all fit.

I hope Mr. Pargo has a fantastic time.

Go ZAGS!

Beyond all the criticisms Pargo has suffered on this board (mostly petty IMO), he is a true feel good story -- an academically at risk kid who earned a GU degree in 4 years. His blog says he appreciates everyone who supported his efforts. It's time for some others to lay off him and maybe just enjoy his blog. It will be fun to see how he does.

Default Sun Devil

Well said Sun Devil GF. This board can get so damn petty somethimes, give the guy a break--give us all a break. We all need it now and then.

Default I hope JP keeps blogging

and telling us any way he choses what's happening with him in Israel both on and off the court.

As for his need to fill all of your desires, perhaps one or more of you critics could offer to help him learn how to perfect his blog, if you know.

It looks like he is just getting started in the blogosphere, at least running a blog and likely would be receptive.

Writing all caps is usually a rookie mistake. Spelling errors are usually there because the writer failed to check before posting. I do it all the tiem.

Finally, with texting and twittering, it seems breaking all the rules is not only the norm, but the only way to complete a post.