Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maui Bracket

Default Maui Bracket

Pairings and bracket to be announced later today:

Tune in to ESPN NEWS this afternoon for a live unveiling of the 2009 EA SPORTS Maui Invitational bracket. Between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. (central), ESPN's Andy Katz will announce the official bracket and match-ups for the first round of the tournament, which will be played Nov. 23-25. Be the first to find out who Wisconsin draws among this talented field.
    http://www.uwbadgers.com/mobile/mobi...&storyID=18530
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

I'll take a guess.

Chaminade
    vs.
    Maryland

Wisconsin
    vs.
    Arizona

Colorado
    vs.
    Gonzaga

Cincinnati
    vs.
    Vanderbilt

Default Official Maui Brackets Announced

Round 1: Maryland vs Chaminade
    Round 1: Cincy vs Vandy
    Round 1: Gonzaga vs Colorado
    Round 1: Arizona vs Wisconsin

Zags will play the winner/loser of Arizona/Wisconsin in Round 2.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Gonzaga Vs. Colorado will be the first round matchup that was just announced. Also coach Few is going to talk about the matchups in a couple minutes on ESPN news.

Maryland vs. Chaminade
    Cincinnati vs. Vandy

Gonzaga vs. Colorado
    Arizona vs. Wisconsin
    March Madness: Another reason not to work

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    I'll take a guess.

Chaminade
    vs.
    Maryland

Wisconsin
    vs.
    Arizona

Colorado
    vs.
    Gonzaga

Cincinnati
    vs.
    Vanderbilt
    Very good, SDZ. Only one miss on the brackets. Impressive.

I have no confirmation of this, but I would be willing to guess that the Gonzaga/Colorado game will be played at night, with Arizona/Wisconsin as the 2nd night game. The team that plays Chaminade in the 1st round always does so in the day time. I can't recall an instance in recent years where this hasn't happened. Needless to say, if Gonzaga beats the Buffs, they'll get another night game the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I have no confirmation of this, but I would be willing to guess that the Gonzaga/Colorado game will be played at night, with Arizona/Wisconsin as the 2nd night game. The team that plays Chaminade in the 1st round always does so in the day time. I can't recall an instance in recent years where this hasn't happened. Needless to say, if Gonzaga beats the Buffs, they'll get another night game the following day.
    I think I saw 3pm for Zags-Buffs. I think. The AZ-Wisky game is last.

I picked this up off of ESPN's website. It's a pretty much totally exclusive bracket release to me, since it's not even suppost to have been released yet. But, anyways, I had access, so here you go.

Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I picked this up off of ESPN's website. It's a pretty much totally exclusive bracket release to me, since it's not even suppost to have been released yet. But, anyways, I had access, so here you go.

Your MS Paint skillz are outstanding.

Are individual game tickets on sale yet? I see you can get golf and full-tournament tickets but no individual games.

Game times (also has St. Mary's info for Diamondhead tourney):

Also announced today were the first-round pairings for the EA Sports Maui Invitational.

Maui Invitational schedule for Nov. 23: Colorado vs. Gonzaga, 10 a.m.; Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt, 12:30 p.m.; Chaminade vs. Maryland, 4:30 p.m.; Arizona vs. Wisconsin, 7 p.m.

All games in the Maui Invitational will be played at the Lahaina Civic Center. The second day is Nov. 24, with the final day on Nov. 25.
    This has Woohoo ramifications. The times in the article are Hawaii Standard Time--which means that the GU game will be at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time and 2:00 PM Woohoo time in Missouri.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...hups+announced
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Default Tickets

This is on their website about tickets...

Starting today, Aug. 4, at 3 p.m. Eastern time (9 a.m. Hawaiian Standard Time) there will be a limited selection of presale tickets available for one day only or until sold out via the official Tournament Web site, www.mauiinvitational.com. Remaining game tickets including school specific Booster Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, Aug. 20 at 3 p.m. Eastern time (9 a.m. Hawaiian Standard Time) via www.mauiinvitational.com.
    There is lots of other information there too!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

This is a link to the official bracket which shows times and what station is showing the games. It shows that Gonzaga is playing at 12:00 our time on ESPN2.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    This has Woohoo ramifications. The times in the article are Hawaii Standard Time--which means that the GU game will be at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time and 2:00 PM Woohoo time in Missouri.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...hups+announced
    THANKS Angelo. I wasn't even about to try and figure out what the heck Hawaii time was.

2pm...interesting...

Default Ensiminated?

WooHoo, are you expecting again?

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    This is a link to the official bracket which shows times and what station is showing the games. It shows that Gonzaga is playing at 12:00 our time on ESPN2.
    the turn around time for the losers of the Ch-Mary & AZ-WI games are crazy short!

For GU: 3-0 w/ wins over CO, AZ & Vandy works for me.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Why ESPN elected to go with Maryland/Chaminade as one of their prime time games is beyond me. Blow out city.

I was hoping to get Billy Raff and Bilas for the GU/Colorado contest, but those two guys usally don't work the day games in Maui.

Thanks for the link. I'm noting:
    The semifinals will take place Tuesday, Nov. 24 with the winner of the Chaminade – Maryland game tipping off against the Cincinnati – Vanderbilt winner in the first semifinal game scheduled at 7 p.m. Eastern time, followed by the second semifinal game between the Colorado – Gonzaga winner and the Arizona – Wisconsin winner scheduled at 9:30 p.m. Eastern time on ESPN. Winners of the semifinals will advance to the championship game Wednesday, Nov. 25 scheduled at 10 p.m. Eastern time (also on ESPN).
    So if the Zags beat Colorado, the second-day game will be on ESPN at 6:30 p.m. Spokane time.

bracket in non-pdf form:

youtube - "The Runner"

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    WooHoo, are you expecting again?
    No, but ESPN used that term in this case because this bracket was carefully removed from their website (after waiting about 3-4 days of nobody using this particular bracket), and then the bracket was carefully placed inside this thread.

Lothar...I suppose you think your bracket is "nicer" than mine, huh? Well, I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Lothar...I suppose you think your bracket is "nicer" than mine, huh? Well, I disagree!
    Mine has more words but is NOT "nicer".
    youtube - "The Runner"

alaskazagnut Guest

Default Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Why ESPN elected to go with Maryland/Chaminade as one of their prime time games is beyond me. Blow out city.
    Because Chaminade is the host. Probably in the contract.

Default Tickets

Money cannot buy happiness, but I assume it can buy tickets to the Maui Invitational. I would like to purchase five (5) SETS of tickets to all games. Better seats = more love from my wallet. We have a condo in Maui and I am therefore not interested in the Chamber of Commerce BS package deals. Scalping is illegal and a violation of the Jesuit code of conduct, so let's not talk about this here, but PM me if you have something I might like.

PS - This is my first post and first day back from vacationing in the Rockies. I assume while I was gone GU has signed Josh Smith? Or his evil larger twin brother? Here's hoping. Probably just more guards. Another guard or two and GU can open a ballet school to complement its recent featherweight twittering recruits.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

It is obvious that Lothar is trying to show up Woohoo.

Because Chaminade is the host. Probably in the contract.
    I can't recall the last time I saw Chaminade play a prime time game in Maui. Did it happen last year? It didn't happen the last time Gonzaga was in Maui. The first game on the first day was Michigan State versus Chaminade followed by Gonzaga vs. Maryland.