Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dower lighting up the nights

Glad you went MDABE. Thank you and everyone else for all the reports from last night. It's like eating a hot fudge sundae this hot summer. Delicious! It's good to know these guys are playing together. I think there was something positive said about every Zag player, which was nice. What sticks out most to me was what was said about Matt, Gibbs, Pouling, and Stockton. Great stuff. I think it would be so great if Matt just really dominates this year, and makes the All-American tean. I think he has a good chance. Matt made a huge splash his Freshman year in that North Carolina game on Natiolnal TV. It's time for him to really show all he has.

I like the report on Gibbs, and from the beginning I've believed that Grant is tough, and he will compete well, and I think he's ready to play. I'm glad he's there this summer. Poling could really be a big surprise. At least from what I'm reading. The more I read the more I feel we will perhaps be better at the four spot then we have been for a long time. Fe, in the past has had trouble recruit elite 4's. I'm anxious to see them play.

And Stockton. What can I say? I've seen him play on TV several times. I think he can play, and will play. Perhaps not this year. I'm so glad to hear what the coaches are saying about him. Dang. That would just be so sweet. I also got on board very early on as a big supporter of Stockton. And I will continue to be.

Great job guys. Thanks.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I always love these reports. I appreciate all those who post them. I also take them all with a grain of salt. If I remember Tyler Amaya was also "tearing it up" one summer in similar scrimmages.

Default David

for those who saw, how did he matchup defensively vs. Meech, GJ or whoever? could he stay in front of them at least sometimes? just curious...if he can, lots of possibilities if he keeps working hard, growing his body, his mind

thank you all again for the first hand eyeball reports

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

Sam had just finished an upper body weight workout before playing last night and basically had no shot left. Josh took it to him.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

He looked pretty gassed BZ. DId ok though. I wonder if there's more late night fun tonight? Anyone?

I talked to Meech today and he said he wasn't sure if they were playing tonight or not. He said most of the they find out sometime that day if they are.
    March Madness: Another reason not to work

Just a reminder: All of these first-hand pick-up game reports don't mean squat when it comes time to tip it off for real in November.

If you have folllowed this board ( and its predecessors) for the last four or five years, you have been subject to plenty of summer time "oohs" and "aahs" that amounted to nada once the season began.

While it sounds like there's some exciting talent on the squad that will wear the "Zags" name on the front of their uniforms come November, like stocks and bonds, there's no assurance that current performance equals future success.

This has been a public service announcement. . .

P.S. Hope you're having a great Summer !!

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Just a reminder: All of these first-hand pick-up game reports don't mean squat when it comes time to tip it off for real in November.

If you have folllowed this board ( and its predecessors) for the last four or five years, you have been subject to plenty of summer time "oohs" and "aahs" that amounted to nada once the season began.

While it sounds like there's some exciting talent on the squad that will wear the "Zags" name on the front of their uniforms come November, like stocks and bonds, there's no assurance that current performance equals future success.

maybe later you can come over to my house and kick my dog and crap in my cheerios

I am working on being a more all around square.

Default Summer Light

Realizing that everyone looks good in the summer runs, it is hard not to feel a real sense of anticipation in this group, the sheer number of new faces alone will be exciting, plus a guy named Stockton might make the team. Additionally, I see that Lunardi has us as an 11 seed and needing to win the WCC, PERFECT!!!

This group is raw and young, but the expectations are low. They "might" not even be picked to win the WCC (Portland presents a real good case on paper) and I actually am kind of rooting for that because I think the kids we recruit are so competitive and are bringing the program to a new level, Manny throws in 27 in an international tournament, Polling looks like the kid in high school that was so highly touted, Meech and GV flashing everywhere AND as has been noted, we are not even talking about Gray (who could breakout) or Harris (who may be most ready to step in). Its all so exciting, when is November again?

Plenty of talent to win all games..... A TEAM they must be young Luke

With them, the Force will be.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    maybe later you can come over to my house and kick my dog and crap in my cheerios

LOL that'd be an optimistic result in comparison to what he is thinking.

Every silver lining has a gray cloud, huh Reno. Sheesh, what a killjoy.

Don't worry about being responsible for attempting a realistic view, Reno.

The morning afters are not nearly as drastic
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Every silver lining has a gray cloud, huh Reno. Sheesh, what a killjoy.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I love the summer evals during pick up games, if only folks could ratchet their expectations down some once the actual season starts, when, after the first loss, a thundering mob comes screaming in here on two wheels, dragging a sack of feathers and kettle of tar. The pre-season hyperbole, followed by the dramatic overreactions to kids turning out to be human once real competition starts leave me a sadder but wiser girl....well, I'm still here, so maybe not all that much wiser.

Default Keep the evaluations comings

It is a long time between March and November and infomation about the "new" team is appreciated. Having all these first hand viewings I feel I get to know a little more about each player before the season begins. When they come out onto the floor in the first broadcasted game I can put a name with the face. So keep reporting and thanks.

I agree with Oregon. It is going to be a long time before we get to truely find out what we have, but at least hearing how they are doing against each other, may give us some insite into who might be playing more (and notice I said "MIGHT"). I also like to believe that the glass is half full and is going to get some more. Thanks again to all of you that are in Spokane, we really do appreciate anything during this time.

Based on these evaluations I think it is safe to declare... Final Four or Bust

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    I love the summer evals during pick up games, if only folks could ratchet their expectations down some once the actual season starts, when, after the first loss, a thundering mob comes screaming in here on two wheels, dragging a sack of feathers and kettle of tar. The pre-season hyperbole, followed by the dramatic overreactions to kids turning out to be human once real competition starts leave me a sadder but wiser girl....well, I'm still here, so maybe not all that much wiser.
    ZagNative, you're expectation of fans will never be realized, I'm afraid. You are, indeed, a deeply loving member of ZagNation and of this Board. But the fact that fans will, at times be irrrational is just part of the nature of sports. And I have come to appreciate all fans with all the different perspectives that we each bring to the board. The greatest times of all for me are the day before the game, the day of the game,and the day after every game. Win or lose, I love our fans' perspectives on the games. I think of all the sports basketball is the most passionate, and at times brings out the worst in us. But, I think most fans understand that there is a type of insanity which begins the day before each game and ends the day after. I think if anyone studying to get a Masters in psych that this would be an excellent thesis topic LOL. I, for one, have had my moments, and have sinned on too many occasions. This year may be an exceptional year for this type of insanity because the team is going to be young, and may be forgiven. And yet, Few is not new, and when we lose, there is that segment of fans that will want his job. LOL LOL LOL. I'm sure he understands that the team may be forgiven, but that he won't be. With so many untried players and as it seems, talented, fans will constantly say "bench so and so and that so and so should be playing more." I know that you won't be part of that choir, and I know a few others who won't be either, and one day I am sure you will all be remembered as the Saints of GUBoard. Me, we all know Im a sinner, and my hope is that in the end I will be forgiven........

Peace......as it is ssummer
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!