• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HillBillyZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

What a Baseball game.

HBZ was in attendance as thE Zags rolled over LMU 14-3 to win their first WCC Baseball Title. In all of my 70 yrs I have never been treated to a three homer game such as that enjoyed by Zag 1B Ryan (Papi) Wiegand.One was a titanic blast that was last seen rolling east on Trent toward Hamilton.My personal favorite was a laser shot to right tha barely cleared the wall, but it was still smoking when it went over. The crowd was into it, Wiegant received a standing "O" every time he reached the plate.Even old farts like HBZ were on their feet. And as frugal (tight) as I am I am proud to say I purchased the last XXL GONZAGA UNIVERSITY 2009 WCC BASEBALL CHAMPIONS Tee on hand at the WCC gear booth and you will see me wearing it proudly. Mark Machtolf has done a great job with this program and this season will only help recruiting. A proud LMU nine could only watch in chagrin as the individual awards and the Championship Trophy were awarded.It was a great start to the Memorial Day weekend. And for my fellow Vets both liviing & deceased, and especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice. THANKS!
    and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen
Working...
X