Thread: Sam Dower Tabbed for Reebok All-American Game

Default Sam Dower Tabbed for Reebok All-American Game

At American University in Washington, D.C. April 18, 2009.

Per Scout:

Reebok has an impressive list of prospects competing in their All-American Game in Washington, D.C. Their rosters were released on Monday.

The McDonald’s All-American game, Jordan Classic and Derby Festival Classic have been recognized as the top all-star games the past few, and now we have one more event to add to the equation, the Reebok All-American Game.

Reebok’s event will feature a number of highly touted prospects that will play in a pair of all-star games. The National game includes a pair of McDonald’s All-Americans – Dante Taylor and Dexter Strickland – to go with a number of highly touted prospects.

Both games will be played on April, 18th at American University's Bender Arena. The Preview game will tip at 5:30, while the National Game is set to begin at 7:00.

I notice some of the names on those teams as players we were recruiting as well. I suppose I assumed wrong that Joe Burton was in the class of '10...guess not.
    Regardless, congrats Sam!! From everything I've read, you certainly deserve the honors.

I thought I saw where this event was on TV.

Anybody know?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Bump. I hope this on T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by 810Suited View Post
    ill be at this. does anyone know if dower is playing in the preview game?? i dont see his name on the rosters for the national game. ill try to write up a recap for it afterwords.
    Yes, he is. It's called the "Futures" game, I believe.

We'd all enjoy reading your report.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    I thought I saw where this event was on TV.

Anybody know?
    I do not see it on Dish even locally here in the DC area.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Anyone able to find a box score? I've seen a few articles on the Net but no mention of Dower.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Anyone able to find a box score? I've seen a few articles on the Net but no mention of Dower.
    Here you go.

Default hmmmm

hmmmmm....

Lowest scorer in the game......... don't know what to make of that

Its a meaningless all-star game....there is nothing to make of it. These guys probably practiced together once or twice, and lt was likely a glorified street ball game.

Keep in mind that some UW fans have come away unimpressed by Abdul Gaddy because of his play in the McD's game, which is utterly ridiculous. Don't base your thoughts on Sam because of this game, instead remember that he averaged 25 and 12 and led his team to the Minnesota state championship game

How many minutes did he get? That answer will help with other questions.
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

The stats don't show minutes either. Dower contributed to almost every statistical category, which in itself is a good indication to me.

go sam and go zags!!

and thanks to ZagNative
    Last edited by cjm720; 04-20-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: props to ZN

Games like this really favor the guards. The art of feeding a low post player is diminishing year by year. Nothing more frustrating than working hard to pin your opponent and call for the ball - the wing gives a quick glance and then passes the rock back around the perimeter. I would'nt read to much into this. He did get 6 boards and got to the free-throw line, two things we really need next year.

The sage.

2 points for Kansas-bound G Elijah Johnson tells me all I need to know about these games. But it does make fans feel good if their guy scores big. I like the rebounds, tho.

After this year, I care very little about the 5 guy scoring. For example, what a guy like Kuso could have provided for this year's squad...

The loneliest guy in the world is a post player in a HS all-star game. The rebounding figures tell me he was working hard.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by GUZagDenver View Post
    Lowest scorer in the game......... don't know what to make of that
    Probably no need to get wrapped to tight about it.