Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Hear Mark on KJR?

Default Anyone Hear Mark on KJR?

He was on Mitch's show, which I find a little amazing.

Did anyone hear it? Report?
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

i tuned in after, when Mitch was making fun of specific sound bytes from the interview and calling Few "The Weasel". Id like to hear the actual interview, but thought the segment I heard was pretty stupid.

Few was on Cowherd this morning. Cowherd ranted about how Mark would be an idiot to leave Spokane/GU. Mark conferred that it's a great place to live and the community is very supportive.

Also mentioned that GU will have to keep shooting well to win and mentioned the '06 win at MSG, saying there's the same cast of players where GU beat UNC.

I caught his interview with Len Elmore but missed the interview with Few. I'm surprised to hear that he was on. Anyways, it will probably be posted up on this site either later today or tomorrow.

http://www.kjram.com/cc-common/podca...themorning.xml

We need something like this is Spokane Radio. Actually, before Seattle grew so much and claimed it's title to what it is today, Spokane had its chances but was held back. Seattle continues to amaze me.

The interview was staged. They took an existing interview by Few and edited his answers to follow whatever questions they would like to ask (if Few ever decided to actually come on). Example: What do you think of our nickname for you: The Weasel?

Really unfunny/juvenile stuff. At one point Mitch said that he felt Few had grown too big for his britches. I sensed a lot of animosity and jealousy seeing as how the Zags advanced and the Huskies were now sitting at home. While the Huskies were once the elite program in the Pacific NW, they can't claim that mantle any more--and Mitch can't mask the fact that he's bitter--and apparently petty.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagHouse View Post
    The interview was staged. They took an existing interview by Few and edited his answers to follow whatever questions they would like to ask (if Few ever decided to actually come on). Example: What do you think of our nickname for you: The Weasel?

Really unfunny/juvenile stuff. At one point Mitch said that he felt Few had grown too big for his britches. I sensed a lot of animosity and jealousy seeing as how the Zags advanced and the Huskies were now sitting at home. While the Huskies were once the elite program in the Pacific NW, they can't claim that mantle any more--and Mitch can't mask the fact that he's bitter--and apparently petty.
    I don't mean this as a slam, but when were the Huskies ever the dominant program in the northwest? They've had some good teams, but I don't think I would ever label them as THE elite team.

Maybe elite was too strong a word, but I was speaking from what Mitch believes in his mind.

Mitch is a tard plain and simple.. I only listened when he had lunardi on but i can't stand the guy. Not funny, boring topics on his show a lot of the time, UW homer, all that along with the literally 15 minute long commercial breaks just made me tune him out.....

I do enjoy listening to that slim guy on spokane sports show though, usually pretty cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    We need something like this is Spokane Radio. Actually, before Seattle grew so much and claimed it's title to what it is today, Spokane had its chances but was held back. Seattle continues to amaze me.
    Seattle sports radio, like all Seattle sports, is a joke.

Mitch Levy and Steve Sandmeyer are the Scut Farkas and Grover Dill of Seattle sports radio.

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

UW has NEVER been Elite in basketball.....or even dominant. It's a graveyard for talent. They get in to the tournament once in a while but this PAC X title they won this year was last won in 1953. Elites normally do better....and this title was won in a year when the PAC X was down.

heh, I guess I did hear the "interview".

I dont get why he hates Few. Because UW had a hand in the cookie jar with JH? Because UW canceled the series with us?

I listened to the staged Few interview on 1510 AM this morning by 'Mitch in the Morning' and I'm surprised to hear such venom and animosity towards coach Few and Gonzaga. Especially, since it airs on 1510 'Home of the Zags' in Spokane. As a Zag fan, it was disgusting.

1510 should drop Mitch and find someone else a little more pro Spokane and less anti-GU. I'm going to boycott that show and listen to ESPN radio in the morning from now on.

didn't catch the KJR interview, but Fewie was on The Herd this morning....

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ad.php?t=19891

Funny that someone mentions the commercial breaks. Out of all shows on KJR, Mitch easily, by far, has the least amount of commercial breaks.

And Uber doesn't know where everyone gets the UW homer stuff from...yes, they pull for UW but it's a Seattle radio show. What's expected? Everyone must not ever hear Softy's show--that is sick UW homer stuff...in fact, Uber heard Softy this morning say that if he had a daughter he would not only want her to date Brockman but he would tell her to sleep with him and have his baby--married or not. Uber actually thinks Softy secretly wants to sleep with Brockman himself and only wishes he had a daughter so he could live vicariously through her.

The Few is a weisel stuff is pretty annoying and stupid and really just shows a lot of immaturity. But the show does have some high points like the Jon Miller interview this morning and regular visits with Lunardi and Beano Cook (Beano is amazing--a walking encyclopedia of college football)
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Default Mitch is a dope

Why is there a battle between the groups???????????????? anyone???? Bueller????

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    1510 should drop Mitch and find someone else a little more pro Spokane and less anti-GU. I'm going to boycott that show and listen to ESPN radio in the morning from now on.
    Uber will agree with that. Don't know why the home of the Zags would want to carry Mitch.

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

As a Seattle resident I am really excited to check out KIROs move into sports. I have larger beefs with KJR, particularly Groz and Gassbag, than just the morning show. The general level of discussion at KJR as whole is just pathetic and lazy with a predisposition towards group think.

Also, if anyone qualifies as a weasel it would be Sandmeyer, so I pay him no heed. But Mitch's antagonism of Few is bizarre and has slowly become the final straw where I just have to seek out an alternative source. Now it's not that I mind dissenting opinions but The Morning Show's bent is to act as crass and juvenile as possible to stir up interest. I guess it is a successful model in a sense but as a sports show it is empty. A person would be no less informed if they just turned the radio off.

Hopefully the new station will provide the incentive for KJRs hosts to raise the quality of the discussion in lieu of being replaced by someone who can.
    We lost, we won; either way we had fun. - Eduardo Galeano

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Funny that someone mentions the commercial breaks. Out of all shows on KJR, Mitch easily, by far, has the least amount of commercial breaks.

And Uber doesn't know where everyone gets the UW homer stuff from...yes, they pull for UW but it's a Seattle radio show. What's expected? Everyone must not ever hear Softy's show--that is sick UW homer stuff...in fact, Uber heard Softy this morning say that if he had a daughter he would not only want her to date Brockman but he would tell her to sleep with him and have his baby--married or not. Uber actually thinks Softy secretly wants to sleep with Brockman himself and only wishes he had a daughter so he could live vicariously through her.

The Few is a weisel stuff is pretty annoying and stupid and really just shows a lot of immaturity. But the show does have some high points like the Jon Miller interview this morning and regular visits with Lunardi and Beano Cook (Beano is amazing--a walking encyclopedia of college football)

you must be kidding about the commercial bs... i left my south hill home for work at about 8:10. They went to a commercial at about 8:13... finally came back after i had gone down freya gotten all the way to mission by SCC and came back with len elmore at about 8:26.. 13 minutes is to long of a commerical imo

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    you must be kidding about the commercial bs... i left my south hill home for work at about 8:10. They went to a commercial at about 8:13... finally came back after i had gone down freya gotten all the way to mission by SCC and came back with len elmore at about 8:26.. 13 minutes is to long of a commerical imo
    Nope. Over the four hour show, Mitch easily and Uber means easily, has the least amount of commercial time compared to all the other shows on KJR.

No Foo for You!

I dont think I've ever heard of this Mitch guy, but he sounds like your typical jealous UW fan.Gonzaga is a more successful program, and that just bugs the hell out of them.

I love being on this side, cheering for the Zags. We are so much more classy

Quote Originally Posted by ZagHouse View Post
    Maybe elite was too strong a word, but I was speaking from what Mitch believes in his mind.
    Wrong again. Mitch is Syracuse man first and foremost and anything he does in regards to the Huskies is simply from a stand point of being an on air personality in Seattle.

Mitch is about as unbiased a radio man when it comes to the Huskies as Seattle has.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagaDynasty View Post
    I dont think I've ever heard of this Mitch guy, but he sounds like your typical jealous UW fan.Gonzaga is a more successful program, and that just bugs the hell out of them.
    Mitch does not have any allegiance to UW. Again he went to Syracuse and is a die hard Orange man.

FYI, Seattle does not = UW

not defending any of that really juvenile sounding stuff but in regards to UW being elite at basketball I have to say at least at one point (maybe one year?) they must have been since they did make a Final Four in the 50's. IMO anyone who has made the Final 4 should be considered elite, at least for that moment in time.

Here's to Gonzaga becoming truly elite in 2009!!