Thread: A Pep Talk from Gregg Doyle

Thumbs up A Pep Talk from Gregg Doyle

Doyle wrote an article on the Zags today. Even if you don't like Doyle, I think you'll enjoy this story:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11542904

The last few paragraphs are more like a pregame speech for us fans than an article. Now I'm upset that the game is still three days away.

Default Wow ...

Loved it!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Thanks -- Very nice.

I like this: "And that's what I'd say to you, too, Gonzaga. Enough is enough. Stop teasing us with March greatness. You're no longer the little engine that just might. You're a runaway freight train. Time to steamroll the No. 1 seed in the South Regional. "
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

You're no longer the little engine that just might. You're a runaway freight train.

Great line I love it and it's true.
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

"Wow!" is right.

I'd be happier if I'd ever read anything Doyel wrote that I agreed with before that piece, but still ...

If you've followed Doyle, he hates everything.just everything! So why now he sheds love? Beware.......somethin's up. He NEVER does this! DeCourcey's fair. Doyle isn't.

All of this pre-game hype and attention from national media underscores the point that the UNC vs. GU match-up is the "sexiest" of the 8 S-16 games. Will the other tilts be as compelling ? Sure. There should be some great games played on Thursday / Friday and I hope I get to see 'em all. But none have the sizzle to go with the steak that the Tar Heels vs. the Bulldogs has.

Just this zag nut's $.02

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Just this zag nut's $.02

Isn't it sad there is no 'cents' symbol on the keyboard anymore...

UNC opened as an 8 1/2 point favorite. Just sayin'... I agree with Doyel for the first time since about 2003, but Vegas doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDrivel View Post
    UNC opened as an 8 1/2 point favorite. Just sayin'... I agree with Doyel for the first time since about 2003, but Vegas doesn't.
    Vegas made a lot of bad lines last weekend too. I'm hoping we're looking at another one here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

That was awesome. The Pendo reference made me laugh, but I still think he was a great Zag!

"Anyway, the Zags burst onto the NCAA tournament scene in 1999 ... and haven't done much since. They've been to the tournament every year since then, but in those nine appearances the Zags have won a grand total of nine games. No regional finals since the first one in 1999, and this is a program that has had great talent: Dan Dickau, Ronny Turiaf, Blake Stepp, J.P. Batista, Adam Morrison, Derek Raivio. I could go on. Not far enough to include David Pendergraft, but still I could go on."

GO ZAGS! Beat UNC!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post
    like this ¢??

¢¢¢¢

Default "If Heytvelt had Hansbrough's motor, he'd be the No. 1 pick"

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post
    There's one on my old Underwood. . .but it lacks an ethernet port

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson