Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If u could add a Zag to this team...who?

Default If u could add a Zag to this team...who?

If u could add one Zag of the past 10 yrs to this team, who wd it be? He wd not displace any particular player but bring something valuable to this squad.....Some of the most obvious first thoughts may not be the best in this case......My choice is so clear, I will hold off and assume most of u will agree.................

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

JP Batista.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Any one of Cory, Casey, or J.P. an inside enforcer to mix in with the more athletic JH, grabbin rebounds and playing excellent defense.

Had this talk with a friend the other day and it was for sure J.P.

Any time he caught the ball in the post and just put that little hook up there i expected it to go in

It's gotta be a post player, so either JP, Casey or Çory.

JP Batista at the 5. Although I would worry a little about his defense since that is such a advantage for us this year.

Imagine JP at the 5, Josh at the 4, Austin/Downs 3, Bouldin/Gray 2, and Pargo/Goodson 1
    Unreal lineup
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

jp or ronny. ammo's competitive streak would be great, but scorers are the only commodity the team has in abundance. a rebounder/post presence = national championship, in my opinion.

Hard to pick against a guy who is a captain of an NBA Team and a $17Million Dollar Man!!!

1st choice- Ronny Turiaf- good post up moves, great at drawing fouls (and making FT's) We need a strong rebounding presence and a tough energy guy!

Very close 2nd-CORY VIOLETTE!!!

Big, thick, Tough- remember when Michigan State beat us, he was the ONE guy who fought his butt off and never seemed intimidated. Good FT shooter, good touch, great on the boards.

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Uber says a rebounding enforcer is needed most, but that changes a lot of other complexities on this team, so Uber says he is fine with what GU has right now. He prefers to dance with the girl he brought (well, her and her friends).
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

JP - big body, FTs are no problem, soft hands.

GO ZAGS!!

Default JP

JP would have to be pick if we could add any Zag. He could provide post up offense on anyone and allow Josh to play more of the 4, which he probably is a little better at. Although he has shown signs of being able to post up lately. Also JP could shoot FT's like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by theirishzag03 View Post
    Hard to pick against a guy who is a captain of an NBA Team and a $17Million Dollar Man!!!

1st choice- Ronny Turiaf- good post up moves, great at drawing fouls (and making FT's) We need a strong rebounding presence and a tough energy guy!

Very close 2nd-CORY VIOLETTE!!!

Big, thick, Tough- remember when Michigan State beat us, he was the ONE guy who fought his butt off and never seemed intimidated. Good FT shooter, good touch, great on the boards.
    I'm with you. We need an enforcer who can get out and run and board and that would be Turiaf, Violette or Cavalry. Sacre would have filled this role nicely but alas, it wasn't meant to be this year.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Default Bingo!!!!

Gotta be JP....the least likely to detract from the current team and the most likely to add a major plus

Tough call... but based on our needs... Ronny or JP... or if I could truly have it my way.. J.P. Turiaf... a mix of size, great post skills and pure unadulterated energy.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Ronny or JP
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Ronny

Mine would be Erroll Knight.

Brings Athleticism, Attitude, FIRE, and his AWESOME DEFENSE.

All without altering the team characteristics.

Default still JP

all good choices....but standouts like Ammo and DD might polarize the current team; besides, as was said, we dont need scorers.............down to Cory, RT and JP, i stay w JP.......Cory's inside skills were not quite up to JP's and RT might be too emotional for this button down team............

Ronny very slightly over JP...because Ronny was a better interior defender and a shot blocking presence...

Casey Calvary, thats it, thats the list as Tony Kornheiser might say. He would simply stare at the Tar Heels and Ty Lawson's toe would hurt, TH would get the "flu" and CC would tip in the winner.

I saw up close and personal the effect JP could have on a game at Maui. Boone begged for the ball against Pendo, and all but dissapeared when JP got back in. Case is a very close second.

Casey would be my first choice. Attitude, skills, and massive athleticism.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Casey.

They would have better interior defense and rebounding.
    Another big that the other team would have to worry about guarding the top of the key 3-line. Man how that would really really open up the inside. If you could draw the other teams 2 bigs down low that much more away from the hoop, Micah thrives by being able to slash which then sets him up latter to knock down 3's. Jeremy thrives by getting to the hoop (more room to work his magic), Matt thrives by either making his stop and go move or posting his defender up. Oh the possibilities.
    The toughness that would always be there. Never a night off in that department.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

I still love Ravio!!!

I gotta say

1. Turiaf
    2. J.P