Bouldin - Led Team in Rebounds, Assists, and Points! - Go Matt!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag2000
    Redshirt
    • Aug 2008

Bouldin - Led Team in Rebounds, Assists, and Points! - Go Matt!!!!

Matt is an incredible basketball player, one of the smartest and most rounded in the country.

I was surprised to read on here Friday that people were suggesting the he not get all his minutes because he would be a liabity VS WKU. What are all you naysayers saying now?

Go Meech! I can't wait till you run the show exclusively next year.

Go Pargo! It took most of the season, but your A-Game is here, just in time. Keep ripping it up, nice to have you back.

The team has hit March Madness at full throttle. Both wins so far have been a bit ugly, but they always find a way to step it up in big games...

Look out UNC! The Zags are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Yes, Matt definitely deserves some praise. He has had a great year, and it couldn't have been better yesterday. I did, however, think that last night's game was beautiful. It was a great game in my opinion. We don't have to listen to Digger Phelps and Huey Davis. The reason I have always loved basketball is because of the kind of game that was played last night. Of course we'd prefer an 18 pt victory, where we could relax and feel good. But, in the end, I have to admit, that it is the games like last night's that we will always remember, and it's precisely what makes this NCAA tournament so magical. I know that Goodson has played those last 9 seconds in his mind and on some playgroud back home ever since he was little kid dreaming for that one shining moment. His dream came true last night. Wow!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• NEC26
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

But the problem is he doesn't show up in big games! !

Comment

• TacomaZAG
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Bouldin is $$$$

What a great game Matt played last night. Scoring, rebounding, distributing. His calming influence during crunch time is spectacular and his Baskeball IQ is off the charts. "Guard U" marches on...........

He and JP seem to be playing off each other really well right now, and the timing couldn't be better.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Zerogame
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Oct 2007

From Jeff Goodman blog

Gonzaga’s balance showed against Western Kentucky. Matt Bouldin was once again the best player on the team, but four other guys got into double-figures.
          "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

• DoMieD
            Banned
            • Feb 2009

He played a good game, but I still say he's a little too tense in tourny games..

It seems like he's nervous in the beginning of every tourny game, and then he finally gets into his groove, but he still seems to have a lot of indecisiveness..

And then he took that stupid jumper at the end of the game, that gave them the chance to tie it up..

Not to mention him falling and giving up the turnover... although I will admit that OMV ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball..

besides that..

GOOD GAME MATT!
            Last edited by DoMieD; 03-22-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Zerogame
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Oct 2007

I believe his name is

"He was a scared kid," he said. "But there was something about him. He had a light. He just needed confidence and discipline. He was starving for it. He just needed a change. I was hard on him, and he took to it."

Valdez began giving Orlando rides home, and the boy started spending more time with him. Orlando never had met his biological father. Finally, his mother asked the coach if he would take in her son to get him away from the neighborhood. That was the beginning of his freshman year of high school. Four years later, he surprised Valdez by having his name legally changed to Orlando Mendez-Valdez.
              "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
                Kennel Club
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DoMieD View Post
                that stupid jumper
                Are you serious? That was the only decent shot we took in the last 2 minutes (outside of Meech, of course). He missed, but it was a good shot to take.

Originally posted by DoMieD View Post
                Not to mention him falling and giving up the turnover... although I will admit that the mexican ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball.
                On the turnover, MB was fouled TWICE--tripped by WKU, then body-blocked by OMV (who's from San Antonio, by the way--the son of Mexican immigrants--great player, great story).

If MB plays "nervous" in the NCAA, I hope he stays nervous......

Comment

• scott_fivefour
                  Redshirt
                  • Jan 2008

"although I will admit that the mexican ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball.." Way to keep it classy. If you were to use a racial epithet against a black player you would be crucified, it should be the same for any race.

Comment

• Bring Back John Rillie
                    Redshirt
                    • Mar 2008

Orlando gets my vote for the most dangerous player of the tournmanent. Hansbrough, Griffin, Abrams? We've seen them all season. This kid came out of nowhere and nearly stole our proverbial slipper. He deserves nothing but our respect. Muy impresionante!

Comment

• Nevtelen
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Great SR article about Matt.

PORTLAND – Early in the second half of Saturday’s game between Gonzaga and Western Kentucky, the Bulldogs’ Josh Heytvelt fell to the floor of the Rose Garden, causing a pileup with teammate Matt Bouldin. Bouldin got up and began limping. Coach Mark Few began to show concern, until his junior guard begged off, saying he didn’t need a sub.

I seriously had no idea about the knee until I read this. I really hope his knee is okay for UNC because we will REALLY need him to be a monster in that game.

Comment

• SUSpokanative
                        Redshirt
                        • Feb 2009

Lat's Show Some Respect

DoMieD - how about referring to the WKU defender by his name , rather than his ethnicity, which has absolutely no bearing on the play, and furthermore dosn't belong on these posts.
                        Voice your ignorance elsewhere.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2008

MB does it all. He'll be a handful for UNC
                          "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• DoMieD
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SUSpokanative View Post
                            DoMieD - how about referring to the WKU defender by his name , rather than his ethnicity, which has absolutely no bearing on the play, and furthermore dosn't belong on these posts.
                            Voice your ignorance elsewhere.
                            Ignorance? how bout thats what he is and I don't know his name..

mexican is an insult now?

And how can you guys not see that Bouldin' plays with indecisiveness.. he settled with 3 or 4 jumpers during the game where he just didn't know what to do with the ball, so he just took a jumper.. something he NEVER does..

Sure he gets into the game a little, but I notice a difference in his game when it becomes tourny time, he makes me nervous..

And he wasn't fouled twice on that play, he fell down.. and then got fouled.

Comment

• rawkmandale
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

I hope his knee will not be sore on Friday from the hyperextension - didn't know about that until reading the paper this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X