Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bouldin - Led Team in Rebounds, Assists, and Points! - Go Matt!!!!

Default Bouldin - Led Team in Rebounds, Assists, and Points! - Go Matt!!!!

Matt is an incredible basketball player, one of the smartest and most rounded in the country.

I was surprised to read on here Friday that people were suggesting the he not get all his minutes because he would be a liabity VS WKU. What are all you naysayers saying now?

Go Meech! I can't wait till you run the show exclusively next year.

Go Pargo! It took most of the season, but your A-Game is here, just in time. Keep ripping it up, nice to have you back.

The team has hit March Madness at full throttle. Both wins so far have been a bit ugly, but they always find a way to step it up in big games...

Look out UNC! The Zags are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Matt definitely deserves some praise. He has had a great year, and it couldn't have been better yesterday. I did, however, think that last night's game was beautiful. It was a great game in my opinion. We don't have to listen to Digger Phelps and Huey Davis. The reason I have always loved basketball is because of the kind of game that was played last night. Of course we'd prefer an 18 pt victory, where we could relax and feel good. But, in the end, I have to admit, that it is the games like last night's that we will always remember, and it's precisely what makes this NCAA tournament so magical. I know that Goodson has played those last 9 seconds in his mind and on some playgroud back home ever since he was little kid dreaming for that one shining moment. His dream came true last night. Wow!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

But the problem is he doesn't show up in big games! !

Default Bouldin is $$$$

What a great game Matt played last night. Scoring, rebounding, distributing. His calming influence during crunch time is spectacular and his Baskeball IQ is off the charts. "Guard U" marches on...........

He and JP seem to be playing off each other really well right now, and the timing couldn't be better.

Go ZAGS

Default From Jeff Goodman blog

Gonzaga’s balance showed against Western Kentucky. Matt Bouldin was once again the best player on the team, but four other guys got into double-figures.

He played a good game, but I still say he's a little too tense in tourny games..

It seems like he's nervous in the beginning of every tourny game, and then he finally gets into his groove, but he still seems to have a lot of indecisiveness..

And then he took that stupid jumper at the end of the game, that gave them the chance to tie it up..

Not to mention him falling and giving up the turnover... although I will admit that OMV ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball..

besides that..

GOOD GAME MATT!
    Last edited by DoMieD; 03-22-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Default I believe his name is

"He was a scared kid," he said. "But there was something about him. He had a light. He just needed confidence and discipline. He was starving for it. He just needed a change. I was hard on him, and he took to it."

Valdez began giving Orlando rides home, and the boy started spending more time with him. Orlando never had met his biological father. Finally, his mother asked the coach if he would take in her son to get him away from the neighborhood. That was the beginning of his freshman year of high school. Four years later, he surprised Valdez by having his name legally changed to Orlando Mendez-Valdez.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMieD View Post
    that stupid jumper
    Are you serious? That was the only decent shot we took in the last 2 minutes (outside of Meech, of course). He missed, but it was a good shot to take.

Not to mention him falling and giving up the turnover... although I will admit that the mexican ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball.
    On the turnover, MB was fouled TWICE--tripped by WKU, then body-blocked by OMV (who's from San Antonio, by the way--the son of Mexican immigrants--great player, great story).

If MB plays "nervous" in the NCAA, I hope he stays nervous......

"although I will admit that the mexican ran and dove and knocked him completely away from the ball.." Way to keep it classy. If you were to use a racial epithet against a black player you would be crucified, it should be the same for any race.

Orlando gets my vote for the most dangerous player of the tournmanent. Hansbrough, Griffin, Abrams? We've seen them all season. This kid came out of nowhere and nearly stole our proverbial slipper. He deserves nothing but our respect. Muy impresionante!

Great SR article about Matt.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...the-beautiful/

I seriously had no idea about the knee until I read this. I really hope his knee is okay for UNC because we will REALLY need him to be a monster in that game.

Default Lat's Show Some Respect

DoMieD - how about referring to the WKU defender by his name , rather than his ethnicity, which has absolutely no bearing on the play, and furthermore dosn't belong on these posts.
    Voice your ignorance elsewhere.

MB does it all. He'll be a handful for UNC
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by SUSpokanative View Post
    DoMieD - how about referring to the WKU defender by his name , rather than his ethnicity, which has absolutely no bearing on the play, and furthermore dosn't belong on these posts.
    Voice your ignorance elsewhere.
    Ignorance? how bout thats what he is and I don't know his name..

mexican is an insult now?

And how can you guys not see that Bouldin' plays with indecisiveness.. he settled with 3 or 4 jumpers during the game where he just didn't know what to do with the ball, so he just took a jumper.. something he NEVER does..

Sure he gets into the game a little, but I notice a difference in his game when it becomes tourny time, he makes me nervous..

And he wasn't fouled twice on that play, he fell down.. and then got fouled.

I hope his knee will not be sore on Friday from the hyperextension - didn't know about that until reading the paper this morning.

Sure he gets into the game a little, but I notice a difference in his game when it becomes tourny time, he makes me nervous
    So 20 pts, 6 asst, 8 rebs makes you nervous?
    Plus 12 pts, 5 asst, 6 rebs vs Akron? still nervous?

In both games, 11 asst, 6 TO--if you take away the mugging TO, his assist to TO ratio is 2.2 to 1. (even with the mugging, it's 1.8 to 1).

OK. I guess he gets into the game "a little." Still nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Sutpen View Post

In both games, 11 asst, 6 TO--if you take away the mugging TO, his assist to TO ratio is 2.2 to 1. (even with the mugging, it's 1.8 to 1).

What he said...
    Oregon Zag

Matt also contributed to Meech's shot at the end.

Matt had raced down the right side and was ahead of Meech, in position for a pass under the basket. The WKU defender had to hold back to protect against Matt, and that is what opened things up for Meech.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    I hope his knee will not be sore on Friday from the hyperextension - didn't know about that until reading the paper this morning.
    Neither did I. It was a GREAT picture tho'! That's my guy!! He did play an
    awesome game as did all of the guys. North Carolina, Here We Come!!

GO ZAGS!!!!!!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!
    KEEP ON A JUMPIN'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Sutpen View Post

lol come on, I didn't say he played bad at all.. He had a GREAT game.. I know.

but I'd still like to see him be a little smoother when handling the ball and making decisions.. Of course at times, he looks like he's suppose to, but at other times, he just seemed a little unsure.. hence him taking the outta the ordinary shots.

dont sweat it domied, this board has some posters who man crush some players, and blame other players no matter what. your very right on some points. matty needs to start smoother, he does seem tense compared to the second half. also, if meech missed the runner and we lose in OT the matty man crushers wouldnt blame matt like they did pargo in the uconn game. matt had a couple bad plays late, but meech saved us. pargo was great in the uconn game and matt didnt show. some on the board blamed pargo for a couple TOs when in reality if matt and gray played even average we win. as you can see, roles reversed with matty having some bad plays (losing the ball and taking a 19 foot jumper with time on the clock) its ok because meech hit the shot. that being said, matt is playing great overall as are the rest of the fellas. cant wait for NC!

However we play, if we get a decent lead at the end of a game, I don't believe the odds are in our favor to stop attacking the rim and stall. These boys can flat out score when they attack the rim as a unit. The slow-down offense is the same as prevent defense....always giving up momentum and usually points. Any controversial responses?
    montanazag88
    P....A....TIENCE!

Chicano, Hispanic, Latino, Mexican-American, are all respectful.
    My gradeschool, junior high, and high school were at least 1/3 hispanic, and calling someone 'mexican' always had a derogatory connotation and often were fighting words.

I can tell this is just a case of lack of exposure, and was done innocently. Like Ross Perot addressing Blacks as 'you people,' he had no idea how it sounded. just my take on it. Matt Bouldin got my GUnit of the game, for his overall skill and passing.

I rest my case.

How many times tonight did he have trouble just dribbling the ball, with out any pressure on him?

I realize that he undersized, and well UNC is a much better team.. but you guys have to see what I was saying.

[sarcasm]You are so smart, I can believe I didn't see it before! Thanks for opening my eyes!!![/sarcasm]

ooops, for all you neg reppers...let me go ahead and edit this post to include sarcasm tags
    Last edited by ZagNut08; 03-27-2009 at 11:06 PM.