Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where were you and how did you react. . .

I feel much less alone in my Zag game day craziness after reading this thread.

I have gotten some great laughs and huge smiles out of it!! Thanks for sharing

This definitely needs to go to the Hall of Fame once everyone has had a chance to chime in who wants to.

I was at the game in the student section with my bro because a friend of a friend couldn't be there saturday....drove down Friday night after work got in late...woke up @ 9:30 couldn't hold in my excitment. Went to my other brother's house who was going also and started the pre-funk. During the last two min I couldn't stand it....I was walking back and forth from my seat to the aisle...it was too much. When they got the tip in I was thinking UConn, not UCLA....probably because I was there for that and it just felt like that game...winnning most of the game and then coug-ing it at the end. I was so glad that I snuck some rum in the game so I could finish it off and start pouting.

Then Meech got the ball and its like I saw it in slow motion, I can only describe it like if you have been in a car wreck, when you remember it you see everything slower. I saw the lane open up and tried to yell DRIVE!! but nothing came out. I just stood on my tippy toes leaning on my bro with my mouth open. It went in.......I went nuts, the students went nuts, I looked at the clock, .09 left, the heave, its short.....Crazyness. I was hugging the girls in front of us, giving out high fives like they are going out of style....yelling for Meech. I stood on my chair so I could high five everyone three rows behind me. High five all the GU supporters sitting in the rows below us....best game I have seen, tops the OSU battle in Seattle.

I then went out to the concourse on the 200 level and declared to everyone as loud as I could....."I am glad that I am not a huskie fan, Go Zags!!!!"

As we come out of the Arena I see Fr. Spitzer he asks me where my dad was (they went to GU together) I said we left him in Spoke....Spitz laughed and said that it was good because "he probably would have had a heart attack if he was here, I almost did." I loved every second of that day.

I love all these posts, some of them made me tear up some made me laugh, they all made me happy to be a Zag!

Go Zags!
    “I enjoy coming in and being hated."
    -Matt Bouldin

Heytvelt on how badly GU needed a win: “Like a kid needs his two front teeth for Christmas.”

Quote Originally Posted by T-bonedazag View Post
    ....best game I have seen, tops the OSU battle in Seattle.

I love all these posts, some of them made me tear up some made me laugh, they all made me happy to be a Zag!

Go Zags!
    This is certainly an all-time thread. I was at the BIS when Morrison banked in that game winner. I've never seen a crowd erupt the way that one did. But I bet this game winner by Meech did top Adam's. Meech's was ddfinitley in a more important game, so I would imagine the outbreak of uncontrollable passion was just incredible.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I was at home watching with wife and good buddy from Spokane who also lives in St.Louis now. Toddler daughter was asleep in the room above my family room.
    I wasn't upset about the tip-in over Daye, and I just said, "There's plenty of time. Lay it in. To the tin (in my best Raftery)." Next thing I know it's Meech, with the little kiss!!! I didn't yell too loud, but I sprang up off the couch with an emphatic fist pump. That very fist pump also checked the strength of the ceiling...which sent me to the floor. My knuckles lost the battle and bleeding ensued. I was still thrilled, and it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Onward to Memphis. GO ZAGS!
    ~B