Thread: Is that Casey?

Default Is that Casey?

On the ads for Cingular where a guy has a TV phone and throws a ball to distract his friend. They then show a few clips from games. The last one looks like Casey slamming it down. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, and I thought it looked like Casey, also. It wasn't one of his "famous" jams - but certainly looked like him wearing Gonzaga blue.

I paused the DVR to see if it was him. Had the build, hair, and flair of a Casey dunk. Still, it could have been Vanilla Ice

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

After viewing again today, I am pretty sure it is.

it is...and the first clip is Dickau on a fast break.

GU Class of '07

This may sound really...pathetic, but could someone Youtube it?

The only TV I watch is GU games...

Default Not at all...pathetic, laudable in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by brasszag View Post
    This may sound really...pathetic, but could someone Youtube it?

The only TV I watch is GU games...
    I have banned all network and cable tv from my house - we either go out as a family or as a date with my wife to watch GU games...losing the old television was the best investment we've ever made in our own time. I've missed some Desperate Housewives, but spent a lot more time in my garden, with my kids, riding my horses and working on my own stuff without being a platform for America's most creative marketing agencies to shove s*** down my, and more importantly my kids' throats. AMEN to NO TV...last I checked GU games are on all over the place, and a brew with friends is a pretty pleasant way to enjoy one.

I applaud your resistance to the true "opiate of the masses!"
    How to ride a horse:
    Step One - Mount the horse.
    Step Two - Stay mounted ...

Saw it about a week ago, paused it, and i'm pretty sure it's him, just like the rest of you are.

Default question

who gets the royalties $$ for Casey being in that shot. Casey or GU or the NCAA???? Anyone with insite?

I have banned all network and cable tv from my house - we either go out as a family or as a date with my wife to watch GU games...losing the old television was the best investment we've ever made in our own time. I've missed some Desperate Housewives, but spent a lot more time in my garden, with my kids, riding my horses and working on my own stuff without being a platform for America's most creative marketing agencies to shove s*** down my, and more importantly my kids' throats. AMEN to NO TV...last I checked GU games are on all over the place, and a brew with friends is a pretty pleasant way to enjoy one.
    Nice work, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the same plan but I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by wazZag View Post
    Nice work, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the same plan but I would like to.
    You'll find you don't miss it. Seriously.

And anything good made for TV eventually comes out on DVD (Firefly, etc...) sans commercials.

Default No doubt, I've watched 24, deadwood etc

without any commercials? On my own schedule? Netflix solves almost all of it..

NO TV - oh yeah, and your kids aren't begging for stuff/cereal/shows/etc..ad fricking infinitum that someone's trying to get you to buy for them - or yourself for that matter... there's something comforting about neither knowing, nor caring for that matter about TV except for making sure that you've got a GU venue lined up!

Average time per week that the American child ages 2-17 spends watching television: 19 hours, 40 minutes - Scary - think how many free throws those little point-guards-to be could be tossing up - or pitching baseballs - or anything. Gu's a family school, I just think this reinforces it and my cable bill is ZERO! take the plunge..just my two cents
    How to ride a horse:
    Step One - Mount the horse.
    Step Two - Stay mounted ...