Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cougs vs. Gaels

I think the Cougs take it in a close, low scoring game. St. Maries is going to feel how painful it is to be down by 5 to the Cougs and have it feel like 15 (it's a pain I don't like). I am rooting for St. Maries to win to validate the conference and make the committee feel shame. I just wish that there was a way for the team to win and for Omar to lose. Maybe Baynes can get that tub of goo on the bench with foul trouble.

Default So if it were the Huskies?

I hope as many GU Fans root against the Huskies on Thursday as are planning on going against the Cougs tonight. If I were a MSU fan in Portland, I'd be buying drinks for Zag fans hoping to gain their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Rick View Post
    I hope as many GU Fans root against the Huskies on Thursday as are planning on going against the Cougs tonight. If I were a MSU fan in Portland, I'd be buying drinks for Zag fans hoping to gain their support.
    No need to root against UW. I expect them to beat Miss St. and Purdue/N Iowa, but if they somehow get past UConn, Memphis will lay the smack down.

I will be rooting for our WCC rivals in this one, hope they win the NIT and show the committee that they blew it big time.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

WSU will destroy St. Marys. It is going to be disgusting in a very awesome way.

I'm really conflicted on who to root for. I think the Cougs will win.
    does anyone know what the financial renumeration is to the WCC for this game?
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SchiavoZag View Post
    WSU will destroy St. Marys. It is going to be disgusting in a very awesome way.
    I agree, but not by as many as the Zags will beat the Zips.

I think the Cougs have a great chance if they have shaken off their UCLA shooting woes. Two more 2s and 2 more 3s go in and that was a different ball game. And many of the missed shots were good open looks. I got frustrated hearing the announcers say how UCLA was playing great D. It was alright, but WAZZU could not have shot any worse. Low field goal percentage is not alway about great D.

The Cougs will have to deal with the 2-car garage though; at least they have replaced the burned out bulbs.

Going to root for the Cougs. E. Wa team, Coach Tony a decent guy, Rochestie and Baynes the working class guys. Not overly optimistic, though, that the Cougs will pull off a win in that crackerbox gym.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Default Conference First

I hope the Gaels kill the Cougs and win it all!
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

WSU by 10+. Book it.

I expect SMC to take down the Cougs. Above all, Patty is looking to make a huge impression tonight - and he's perfectly capable. It's do or die.

Samhan will get owned a couple of times by Baynes, though, and that will make me chuckle.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Mills is looking a lot sharper tonight. WSU is in a battle.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Got a pic of Baynes and Samhamwich jostling for position.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Samham almost put Patty on the floor.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Baynes just got a throw!
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

WSU is cold cold cold. Seen this before though and they have come back.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Patty is moving much quicker with and without the ball. He looks healthy and in game shape again. They could be a dangerous Tourney team...in the NIT that is.

I'm rooting for St. Mary's to wipe the floor with WSU. Anytime the WCC goes up against the PAC-10, I gotta go with conference affiliation over geographics.

Go Gaels! Regardless, this is good press for the WCC, especially if they advance to play Davidson in Round 2.

Who are these teams? SMC is playing over there head and WSU is not playing well at all.

17 for Mills at the half, and SMC is looking great.

WSU is finding out that it is hard to play in Moraga.

Why is it so hard to just give Saint Mary's the credit they deserve. They are a good team and definitely better than WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Why is it so hard to just give Saint Mary's the credit they deserve. They are a good team and definitely better than WSU.
    SMC has not beaten anyone and a few days ago lost to Gonzaga by 25. Meanwhile the Cougars recently beat UCLA and Arizona, both of which are in the NCAA tournament.

Where did hamwich find that move?
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

The Cougars are like Arizona. You never know what you are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Where did hamwich find that move?
    Yeah, that was pretty sick.

Meanwhile, I smell a comeback brewing.

See it is under 10. You never know.